Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE (RUTHLANDIA and TYCOBBIA BASEBALL UNIONS)

EDIT on October 31, 2016:

POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS... I FOUND A BACKUP OF THE IPA AND MAY BE ABLE TO PICK UP THE LEAGUE IN ITS 52ND SEASON... computer problems had forced me to abandon the league a few months ago... it looks like I will only lose five seasons, from 2052 to 2056... I will just pick up with the 52nd season and replay it.

I finally created my Islandian Pro Alliance of Ruthlandia and Tycobbia.
I will begin play soon.
I will totally sim during the regular season.
I will give a midseason league summary.
I will post an end-of-the-regular-season recap and cover the playoffs game-by-game.

There are 8 six-team divisions with inter-divisional play.
154-game regular season.
The champion in each division will quality for the playoffs. There will three rounds of playoff series: the Division Championship Series (best-of-7), League Championship Series (best-of-7) and the IPA Pro Cup Series (best of-7).

1950's Era Baseball

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-16-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

September 5, 2000

INDUSTRIAL LEAGUE CZAR AND MONEY MOGULS CREATE PRO BASEBALL LEAGUE

The Islandian Pro Alliance of Ruthlandia and Tycobbia came into being when a group of dedicated men that loved the game of baseball got together with a group of men, who had power and money...and a love of baseball. John Banson is the father of the league. He had been the commissioner of the Industrial Baseball League of Ruthlandia and Tycobbia. Banson is very moral and ethical and ran the organization that way. He ruffled quite a few corporate feathers during his tenure as he really cleaned up the underhanded and illegal payments to industrial league players.

He finally convinced the corporations to set up a professional league and make it legal to pay players to play baseball. Banson brought together dedicated baseball men like Manny Earl of the Sugar Valley Rattlers, Rob Jackson of the Forest City Lumberjacks, Rip Calkin of the La Claire Lynx and Gary Louis of the Arlon Champions with the power brokers, movers and shakers of Ruthlandia and Tycobbia, Jock Ewing of the Waleska Westerners, Jorge Trujillo of Belair Beach Sunbirds, Louis "Sugar Lips" Charles of the Bay St. Claire Buccaneers, Conway Birdie of the Cape Coral Hurricanes, Brent Steiner of the Bayview Vikings, Captain Stanislav Lem of the Valmara Vipers and the various and sundry corporations that sponsored company teams.

The dedicated baseball people would only be involved in this project, if John Banson was given absolute control as commissioner. Earl, Jackson, Calkin and Louis were well-respected throughout the Islands by all of the local teams. Without the support of the local town teams and the Islandian legislatures, the big time operators and moneyed interests would not have the established stars of the industrial and amateur leagues they needed to make the IPA a success. After much debate, argument, threats and counter-threats, the Good Guys won and the Power Guys had to give in. Otherwise, they would not have had a league to play in. Charles and Birdie, who love the game more than money, were very instrumental in breaking the deadlock. They joined the Good Guys.

That is how the Islandian Pro Alliance of Ruthlandia and Tycobbia began.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian History

Islandia is composed of two countries, Ruthlandia and Tycobbia. They were originally quite remote and isolated and no one was very interested in them. That is, until the early 1850's. With the slavery question rapidly coming to a head in the United States, a group of abolitionists got together and decided to find a place where they could set up a country free of slavery and racial and religious intolerance. So this is how the two countries came into being.

Some farsighted citizens of the Northern United States and the Southern United States could see that the country was headed for civil war, which would soon tear their worlds apart. That is why they emigrated. They came to Ruthlandia and Tycobbia in peace and purchased their land and set up their society. Their points of entry were Beechwood in Ruthlandia and Bay St. Clair in Tycobbia. They also quickly went to the countries interiors and set up the capitals of Forest City and LaClaire. Up until their arrival the island had been a wild and lawless territory, filled with explorers and adventurers, who put down no roots.

As the years went by, civilization, law and government arose and expanded. And today Islandia is a properous island, where many ethnic groups and religions live in peace and harmony. In the late 1890's new settlers brought with them a new American game called baseball. Within ten years each town had it own amateur team and the game thrived.

By 1920, it had been embedded in the fabric of Islandian culture and its way of life. Baseball became so popular that activity and commerce in the towns practically shut down in the afternoons, so that the inhabitants could attend the local ballgame. Eventually towns would take a "baseball siesta" from 2 to 6 pm. This custom spread from town to town and now it is universal on the entire island. Baseball truly is the National Pastime here in Islandia.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-19-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

December 1, 2000

TYCOBBIAN AND RUTHLANDIAN LEGISLATURES OVERWHELMINGLY APPROVE PRO BASEBALL

Government legislation is quite slow and ponderous in Islandia...except when it comes to their beloved sport of baseball. Both the Tycobbian and Ruthlandian legislatures very quickly deliberated and passed bills allowing the formation of a professional baseball league in Islandia. Pro baseball is a new concept for Islandia. Most of the Islandians have always felt the baseball was their sacred sport and should not be corrupted by money. They had always rejected paying someone to play baseball. One should play only for the sheer joy of the sport.

They have played baseball in Ruthlandia and Tycobbia since the late 1890's. Over the years it has progressed from pure amateur to industrial league and now to professional. For many years the ruling baseball body, the Amateur Baseball Alliance, kept the game pure and no one played for money...just the love of the game. As time passed and the competition between the towns grew in intensity, money moved into the game...many times "under the table".

In the 1920's, the ABA altered it rules and allowed players to receive compensation in the form of employment at the companies that had teams in the industrial leagues. Most town teams became company-sponsored or supported. But this didn't solve the pay problem. Many players did no actual work for their salaries. All they did was play baseball for the company. It continued this way until 2001. In an effort to control the widespread violation of the spirit of the ABA rules, the time came for them to just admit that players played baseball for money. That is when the Islandian Pro Alliance came into being.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-16-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Ruthlandia Baseball Union (North Division)
Colfax Blasters
Elnora All-Stars
Far Mountain Redhawks
Glasco Athletics
Valmara Vipers
Volusia Vigilantes

Ruthlandia Baseball Union (South Division)
Belair Beach Sunbirds
Claxton Diamonds
Forest City Lumberjacks
Marston Nine
Sugar Valley Rattlers
Waleska Westeners

Tycobbia Baseball Union (East Division)
Cape Coral Hurricanes
Ginza Ninjas
Hartsdale Hellcats
Luxora Zorros
Ozarka Naturals
South Fork Stallions

Tycobbia Baseball Union (West Division)
Arlon Champions
Bay St. Clair Buccaneers
Bayview Vikings
Blue Lake Blue Sox
Fairfax Frogs
La Claire Lynx

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-16-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, April 21st, 2001

Islandian Pro Alliance News: Opening Day

The baseball fan's call to action "Play Ball!" can be heard all across Islandia with the arrival of Opening Day.
At long last the 2001 season is getting under way with what promises to be an exciting first season of professional baseball. The Islandian Pro Alliance begins its inaugural season today with a full slate of 12 games.

Here is today's schedule of games:
Valmara Vipers @ Elnora All-Stars
Colfax Blasters @ Far Mountain Redhawks
Volusia Vigilantes @ Glasco Athletics
Forest City Lumberjacks @ Belair Beach Sunbirds
Claxton Diamonds @ Sugar Valley Rattlers
Marston Nine @ Waleska Westerners
Ozarka Naturals @ Ginza Ninjas
Cape Coral Hurricanes @ Hartsdale Hellcats
South Fork Stallions @ Luxora Zorros
Bayview Vikings @ Arlon Champions
Bay St. Clair Buccaneers @ Fairfax Frogs
Blue Lake Blue Sox @ La Claire Lynx

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-16-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Sign me up as a lifelong Bayview Viking fanatic! Thank you for the baseball siestas, best of luck and have fun, Eugene!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
edog23
Major Leagues

Way to go, Eugene. I'm stoked to see you bring the league back. I'm bummed that the Crystal Lake Crushers didn't make it back though. No worries, I'll be a fan of the Blue Lake Blue Sox this time.

Good luck,

Erik
edog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog23 View Post
Way to go, Eugene. I'm stoked to see you bring the league back. I'm bummed that the Crystal Lake Crushers didn't make it back though. No worries, I'll be a fan of the Blue Lake Blue Sox this time.

Good luck,

Erik
Thanks for your support.

Yeah, it broke my heart not to include all 60 teams. It was tough to cut down to 24 teams.

But it would be impossible for me to properly cover a league that large. 24 teams will hard enough.

I don't want to totally sim...I don't enjoy the league that way.

I want to see each and game and keep track of all the milestones and records, team and individual, that the game doesn't keep.

It may take six months to play a season.

12 games a day is a lot to play out.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-17-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
Sign me up as a lifelong Bayview Viking fanatic! Thank you for the baseball siestas, best of luck and have fun, Eugene!
I'm sure owner Brent Steiner of Steiner Shipbuilding fame will spare no expense in getting the Viks the best talent in the Islandian Pro Alliance.

Thanks for following the IPA.

I intend to make it fun this time around and not get bogged down in work and administrative drudgery.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-17-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see this make a comeback. One of the most in-depth setups I've ever seen, that's for sure. Sadly, it looks like my initial team to follow was left out, so I'll have to look for another!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to all for checking out the IPA.

After the holidays, I will get serious about reporting on the league.

I will recap each day's game using the Recap within the game.

This will really speed up the process.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-10-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Saturday, April 21, 2001

Ruthlandia Baseball Union - South Division

Marston Slips by Waleska
The Marston Nine gained their first ever win in the Islandian Pro Alliance 6-4 over the Waleska Westerners on the road. The Niners lashed out 13 hits and were sparked by third baseman Roland Thomas and first sacker Johnny Berthold, each with a pair of RBIs. Thomas had a two-run double in the third inning and Berthold hammered a 2-run shot in the seventh.
Starting pitcher Cody Hill nabbed the win with a good 7 innings of work. He gave up 9 hits and 3 earned runs and left leading 6-4 with 2 outs in the eighth. Milt Wilson survived a shaky performance, but got the save, despite 2 hits and 2 walks. The Westerners racked up 11 hits in defeat, but stranded too many runners.
Both ballclubs were a little shaky in the field with a new IPA mark for errors. They totaled 5 between them as Marston committed three, while Waleska had 2 miscues.
Westerner Stadium was almost filled to capacity with 12,746 at the game.

Sunbirds Thompson K's 10 in 'Jacks Shutout
Flashy southpaw Carl Thompson of the Belair Beach Sunbirds opened the season in style with 10 strikeouts in a brilliant 4-hit shutout. He blanked Forest City 2-0 at Bayside Park before a rowdy opening day crowd of 11,942. Buddy Hutchinson went 7 innings in defeat and surrendered only 2 runs.
Catcher Dusty James sparked the Sunbirds attack with 3 hits and 2 RBIs. He collected his first fourbagger of the year.

Rattlers Power Too Much for Claxton
Sugar Valley outslugged the Claxton Diamonds 10-6 to open the season with a win. The Rattlers rattled the fences with 3 homers and 11 hits, wrapping up the game with a 3-run eighth inning to finish off the Diamonds. Slingshot McFall, Flipper Bird and Nick Price all smashed roundtrippers for the victors.
Closer Gregg Neal came in the eighth and got the save with a scoreless relief effort. He was Spring Valley's only effective hurler.
The Rattlers had 11,626 in attendance at Farmers Memorial Park on opening day.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-10-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Saturday, April 21, 2001

Ruthlandian Baseball Union - North Division

Far Mountain Takes Tight Game from Colfax
Sonny Elliott outdueled Flash Guidry as the Far Mountain Redhawks opened the 2001 season with a 3-1 victory over the Colfax Blasters. Elliott checked them on 7 hits to get his first win. Guidry deserved a better fate. He was the victim of shoddy fielding and only gave up one earned run, while striking out 9. Second baseman Shirai Kobayashi had 2 hits to pace the Redhawks, including a solo homer.
Far Mountain drew over 10,000 to the first ever pro game at Sky High Stadium.

V's Balfour and McDonald Too Tough for A's
The Glasco A's opened their inaugural season in the IPA with an easy 6-2 drubbing of the Volusia Vigilantes. Jesse Balfour and Jeremiah McDonald teamed up to whip the V's. Balfour started and went 6.2 innings for the win. He tired and suffered from control problems with 6 walks, but held Volusia to just 2 runs before he retired for the day. McDonald shut down the Vigilantes the rest of the game on one hit to get the save.
Glasco belted out 11 hits in the game. Catcher Pete Kilgour was the Athletics batting leader with two hits and his first homer of the year. Right fielder Ox Beauvais collected 2-for-4 and drove in 2 runs.
Lefty Raul Sandoval took the loss for the V's, giving up 5 runs and 10 hits in 6 innings. Over 9,000 fans packed the ballpark.

Vipers Zalewski Zaps Elnora
On opening day 2001 it was all Zarek Zalewski. The tough righthander for the visting Valmara Vipers stopped the homestanding Elnora All-Stars 4-1, limiting them to 7 hits, while striking out 8 and walking 5 in a route-going performance. The losing pitcher was Tyrone Gray, who went 7 innings and allowed 5 hits and all 4 runs.
The All-Stars had over 12,000 in attendance at State Fair Park.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-10-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #15
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Saturday, April 21, 2001

Tycobbian Baseball Union - East Division

Cape Coral Chills Hellcats, 5-2
On a rainy day in Hartsdale before an almost capacity crowd at Pioneer Park, the Hellcats took it on the chin against the Cape Coral Hurricanes 5-2. Portsider Wally Robinson held them to 6 hits and 1 run before he ran out of gas in the eighth. Katsuyuki Nagashima got the last 5 outs for the save, but he did give up a run in the ninth. The 'Canes ripped starting pitcher Danny Griffin for 5 runs and 6 hits in 5 innings and were never challenged. Cape Coral's right fielder Rob Kelly got the only home run of the game, a solo shot in the second inning.

Fortunato's Double Wins It in the 12th
A full house at De la Vega Stadium really got their money's worth with the hometown Luxora Zorros edging South Fork 2-1 in twelve innings. CF Tom Fontunato's ground rule double plated Kenny Baker from second base with the winning score. It was a very well-pitched game. Ken Callahan went the first 10 innings for the Zorros and gave up only 1 run on 5 hits. Reliever Andy Stevens shutout the Stallions in the last 2 frames to get the victory. South Fork's Ken Olson went the distance and lost a heartbreaker. He allowed 11 hits, but fanned 9 and walked only one in a fine performance.
There was only one home run in the game. CF Eddie Isaksen hit one out for the Stallions to tie the score at 1-1 in the seventh.
There were 9426 fans in the stands for the 2001 opener, played on a cold, rainy and dreary afternoon. The game was played in 38-degree weather.

Hatch, Snow, Braun Pace Naturals Over Ninjas
Ozarka rode solid pitching by Luther Hatch and home runs by Floyd Snow and Terry Braun to whip Ginza 5-3 before a disappointed full house at Ninja Stadium. Hatch tossed a complete game, surrendering 8 hits, striking out 2 and walking 2. Snow smashed a 3-run roundtripper in the fourth off Ninja starting pitcher Kazuhiro Nakayama and Braun clubbed a 2-run job in the eighth off Toshiharu Ito. Takashi Fujimoto put one out of the park for Ginza.
Nakayama was the losing pitcher, yielding 3 runs on 4 hits in 7 innings. He fanned 9 and walked 4. Nakayama left for a pinchhitter in the seventh, trailing by a score of 3-1.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-10-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #16
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Saturday, April 21, 2001

Tycobbian Baseball Union - West Division

Viks Survive Arlon Rally
In baseball it is not how many hits you get, it's how many runs you score that counts. Bayview only got 5 hits, but made them count, especially in the 4-run sixth inning. That gave the Vikings a 5-1 lead over Arlon and they manage to hold on for a shaky 5-4 win. The Champions outhit the winners 13 to 5, but came away with a loss. Each club had a home run, Phil Kanaan had a one-run blast in the second frame for Bayview, while Jerry Keller made it close with a 2-run salvo in the last of the ninth for the Champs.
Frank Wells picked up the win with some help from Buzzy Lewis in the ninth. Wells was hit often as he gave up 12 hits, but he was tough in the clutch and permitted only 4 runs, 3 of them earned. Ace Howe suffered the loss for Arlon. He permitted 5 runs and 5 hits in 6 innings of work. 2 walks, a hit batsman and a wild pitch in the fatal sixth played a big part in the defeat.

Frogs Win in 10th on PB
The Fairfax Frogs made the home crowd happy at the Frog Pond with an exciting 8-7 ten-inning victory over Bay St. Clair. Fairfax RF Jeff Callahan had a banner day at bat with 3 hits and 4 RBIs to pace the hard-fought battle. In the decisive tenth, a single, sacrifice and another single placed runners at first and third. The winning run came across easily on a passed ball when catcher Jake Singleton couldn't handle a pitch.
Maury Smith, first baseman for the Buccaneers, had the game's only home run. Hot Rod Patrick had a fine game for the Bucs with 3 hits in 6 tries and 3 RBIs.
Gerry Fisher hurled a scoreless tenth to chalked up his first win of the year for Fairfax, while Denny Coulon took the loss in relief for Bay St. Clair.

Blue Sox West Whips Lynx
Bennie West dominated the La Claire Lynx on their home field before a packed stadium of over 13,000. The Blue Lake righthander stymied them 6-1 on just 4 singles. West whiffed 4 and walked 3 in a strong route-going performance. La Claire starter Nickie Baumgartner sustained the loss, allowing 4 runs and 6 hits in 6+ innings. Leading the Blue Sox offense were second baseman Ken Bennett with 2-5, including a triple, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored and center fielder Donnie Frazier with 2-4 and an RBI.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-10-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #17
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Please note the new format.

I will recap each day's games in the four divisions.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Sunday, April 22, 2001

Ruthlandian Baseball Union - North Division

Vipers Squeeze by All-Stars
Reliever Andre Trepagnier saved the day for the Valmara Vipers with a strong four-inning relief job. He came on in the sixth for the struggling Todd Turner and shut down the Elnora All-Stars 7-6. Trepagnier allowed only one run the rest of the way to get the save. Turner picked up the win.
Both clubs had a dozen hits each. The Vipers were paced by center fielder Jan Szymanski with 2 hits, 2 RBIs and a home run. The All-Stars attack was sparked by second baseman Gil Foster and first baseman Will Jackson, each with a pair of RBIs.
Elnora starter Carl Costas took the loss, permitting 10 hits and 6 runs in 5 innings.

A's Powerball Outslugs V's
Glasco poured it on the Volusia Vigilantes today at Athletics Field and romped 12-5. The A's attack was led by Scotty McPherson with 3-for-4 and 4 RBIs, Chet Reynolds with 2-for-5 and 4 RBIs, including a 3-run home run clout and Ox Beauvais, who cracked a 2-run blast. That was more than enough runs for winning pitcher Arnie McFalls. He went all the way, gave up 11 hits, fanned 10 and walked 4.

FM's Strickland Stuns Colfax With HR in 9th
A dramatic ninth-inning comeback highlighted by Johnny Strickland three-run homer brought home an 11-8 victory for Far Mountain over Colfax. The Blasters took an 8-7 lead into the bottom of the ninth, but Redhawk closer Pat Langlais couldn't close it out. Dave Davis delivered a sac fly to tie it up, then Strickland hit the game-winner.
Strickland had two roundtrippers for the day and drove in 4 runs. Al Nixon also contributed 3 RBIs with a two-run double and and an RBI groundout.
Colfax outhit Far Mountain 13 to 12, but just didn't have the pitching to stop the Redhawks. Neither team got any pitching today. Far Mountain won despite committing four errors. None of the miscues led to any runs. That is now the IPA record for the most errors by one team in a game.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Sunday, April 22, 2001

Ruthlandian Baseball Union - South Division

Pace Dominates Westerners
In the first game of a twinbill at Westerner Field in Waleska, big 6'6" Nick Pace of Marston was outstanding in the 7-1 triumph over the Westerners. Pace limited them to just four hits, fanned five and walked three for his first win of the season. Chris Deangelo pounded a three-run home run in the first inning and the Nine was off and running and never looked back. Johnny Berthold slammed his second of the season for Marston in the fourth frame.
Joel Harrell was tagged with the loss, allowing six runs in five innings.

Nine Sweep Twinbill from Westerners
The Marston Nine outslugged Waleska 9-6 to sweep a pair of games at Westerner Field to remain unbeaten this season. Marston whacked out 15 hits off three Westerner pitchers and were led by Ronnie Horn with 3 hits and 2 runs scored and Lenny Torricelli with a pair of hits, including a 2-run homer. Sam Dixon, Johnny Berthold, Keith Green and Tommy Reinhold all had two hits each for the Nine. Casey Ledbetter labored, but picked up the win. He gave up 10 hits and 6 runs in 8+ innings. Kenny Bagby got the final out of the game to save it for Ledbetter.
Waleska suffered from poor pitching. The loss went to Marv Chancellor, who permitted 5 runs and 9 hits in 6+ innings.
Big Hoss Burkhalter, Ernie Fletcher and Ken Sanders provided the longball for Waleska, who have loss three in a row now.

'Jacks Jack 4 HR to Beat Sunbirds
Forest City crushed Belair Beach 10-5 with a 16-hit rampage that included 4 home runs. Left fielder Chuck Hill went 3-3 with 2 homers and 4 RBIs, right fielder Benny Davis chipped in 4 hits, including a home run and scored 3 times, while second baseman Jesse Wolf added a solo shot. Southpaw Brian Charles notched the win. He allowed the Sunbirds 8 hits and only 3 earned runs. Dirk Garrett took the loss, lasting only 4 innings and giving up 4 runs and 7 hits.
The Lumberjacks now hold the IPA record for most homers by one team.

Diamonds Set Records in Win over Rattlers
Claxton buried Sugar Valley under a 6-homer barrage 14-5 at Farmers Memorial Park this afternoon. The Diamonds walloped 19 hits in all and pulled away in the last four frames. Lanky 6'7" Chris Gallagher came to the rescue of starter Pat Castellani, who had a rough time, giving up 6 runs and 10 hits in just 5 innings. Gallagher came on and protected a 10-6 lead with 4 scoreless innings. Castellani got credit for the win and Gallagher picked up a save. Phil Howard sustained the loss for the Rattlers, leaving after 5 innings. Bobby Ritter and Donnie McCoy each slapped out 4 hits and Karl Olsen had 3 to lead the Claxton hit parade. Ritter, Vern Jennings, Dixie Baker, Winky Rush, McCoy and Pete Robinson all delivered home runs.
The Diamonds now hold the ISA record for most homers, most hits and most runs in a game.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-25-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Islandian Pro Alliance

Sunday, April 22, 2001

Tycobbian Baseball Union - East Division

Abreu's Blast Dooms Hurricanes
Cape Coral and Hartsdale battled long and hard for 11 innings, when Hellcat shortstop Francisco Abreu hammered a home run to win it 4-3. Both squads got solid pitching with the victory going to Phil Reed. He held the Hurricanes scoreless the last two frames. Katsuyuki Nagashima was the home run victim and suffered the loss.
Todd Seals and Whiz Weaver topped the Hartsdale hitters with 3 hits apiece. Roberto Betancourt led Cape Coral with 3 hits.
Starters Gary Fountain for the Hurricanes and Glenn Mann for the Hellcats both went 7 innings and pitched well, giving up 3 runs each.

Stallions Slam Zorros, 10-1
Sharp pitching backed up by excellent hitting made it easy for South Fork to shellac the Luxora Zorros 10-1. Righthander Flint Battle was on top of his game with a superb 4-hit outing. He had 6 strikeouts and walked 3. And he got lots of run support from Paul Giles, Mac Stewart and Glenn Holliday, all of whom belted homers. The Stallions piled up 13 hits in the game, led by Stewart and Gene Woodruff, both with 3 hits each.
Johnny Montel got the loss as he made a quick exit, allowing 5 runs and 8 hits in just 3 innings.

Naturals Nakagawa Shines in Relief
Ozarka was down 3-0 after 5 innings and 4-2 after 6, but rallied to defeat Ginza, 5-4. Yasuyuki Nakagawa relieved the tired Ted Didriksen in the seventh inning with the score tied at 4-all and breezed through the Ginza Ninjas lineup, retiring 9 of the 10 men he faced. He was helped out by the hitting heroics of Ronnie Patterson, who tied it up with a 2-run double in the top of the seventh and decided it with another RBI-double in the top of the ninth. Reliever Cody Moore was shackled with the loss as he gave up the Nats last 3 scores. He took over for starter Vic Rousakis, who surrendered only 2 runs and 5 hits, while fanning 11 in just 6 innings.