Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

Advice

What are the best aging settings for batters and pitches...are the default settings of 1.000 recommended for XX?

My first 15 games or so I am seeing 2-4 hit batsman per game...do I need to adjust a league setting...or is my sample size to small and just leave things alone?
Dave Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hansen View Post
What are the best aging settings for batters and pitches...are the default settings of 1.000 recommended for XX?

My first 15 games or so I am seeing 2-4 hit batsman per game...do I need to adjust a league setting...or is my sample size to small and just leave things alone?
I would think you really need to adjust them... even though it's just 15 games, 2-4 every game is way too much.

Find out what the league average is of the season you want to play and set it based on that.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-16-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if you don't like ootp's default injury, and this is not an endorsement nor denouncement, there are threads where people have done some research on the subject. they have graphs and curvs and all sorts of fun stuff, if you want to dig into it. it may not be in XX's forums, but it will be relevant and applicable to a high degree, most likely.

my suggestion is to stick to default.

your choice depends on a multitude of factors that are mostly personal in nature.

the LTMs come 'autocalced' out of the box, if not mistaken. unless it's been several years since inception and numerous fictional players have not filtered into the league, then you probably have no problem, and just some oddities of clumped hit batsmen.

if still concerned, check league totals at end of year.. even that will have some sway depending on league size -- smaller the league(1/2teams x games in season) the greater the volatility in a season.

compare to bbref... if not a 30t, 162g league, be less/more forgiving as needed.

p.s. you could always zoom out and see what those totals are, now... with a restored backup that you will throw away. just don't look at other things that might give you a leg-up on competition. or, do.. it's your video game, lol.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-15-2019 at 02:15 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hansen View Post

Have you been playing against the 2019 Pirates? If so, 2-4 per game may be a bit low!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote