Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM6 Update, Version 6.1.41, Now Available

A new update for Franchise Hockey Manager 6, version 6.1.41, has just been released. Unless any critical new issues are discovered overnight, this will be the version released on Steam tomorrow at 5 AM Pacific Time (8 AM Eastern, 2 PM CEST).

To apply the update for the standalone (Fastspring) version of the game, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.

Download link for PC (FastSpring):
Main server: PC Installer Fastspring

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer Fastspring

Alternate Download Link if for some reason the others don't work.

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game.

Drag-and-drop remains disabled on the lines screen in the PC Fastspring version. We're continuing to investigate why it's not functioning and causing stability issues on that one specific version, but don't have a fix yet. Line setups can still be changed by clicking the selection box beside the player's name in the dressed list and then the chosen spot in the lines area.

The FHM6 manual is now complete and can be accessed through the link on the start screen.

Other changes:

-added ability to select lineups and lines for the home team in Exhibition Mode. The functionality isn't quite the same as in a regular game yet, but we'll work on that.
-fixed bug with Add Hist Team in the structure editor that would duplicate the team with ID 0 instead of adding the selected team
-the Tactics-minus button on the Set Up Your Manager screen now works properly
-minor and junior leagues in custom games now get historical leader screens, leaderboards, and game records
-fixed issue with line locking that could result in both goalie positions being filled by the same person, causing a crash
-adjusted team popup to make room for long weakness lists
-the stats-to-talent debug values in player career stats are no longer visible if debug mode has been turned off
-players created with the Create Player button in historical mode should now improve their Offensive or Defensive skills properly
-the Steamworks button on the start screen now turns red when moused over like the other buttons
-fixed colouring of the two Edit buttons for changing draft nationalities in a custom game
-the Olympic Qualification Final Round should now include all the 2nd Round group winners
-adjusted date of expansion draft to avoid conflicts if a user starts a historical or custom game on July 1 with an ini-draft, then adds teams via the structure editor and schedules an expansion draft for them
-fixed missing required skills for the Goon and Enforcer tactical roles. The requirements for both are nearly the same, but the roles have different in-game effects
-fixed headers on the old team schedule screen
-using Return to Start Screen after loading a save, and then going to exhibition mode will no longer result in the exhibition game dressed list missing many players on both teams
-switched back to the old, louder background crowd noise and adjusted the volume of various other game sounds. Crowd volume still seems a little faint, though, we'll likely adjust that durther.
-preset injuries/suspensions file updated
-various small text/UI fixes

Last edited by Adam B; 10-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Thanks! Since I haven't done this download type update before, will this overwrite any sound files or rosters we've created/added?

Couple other things:

The Steamworks button still doesn't highlight in red.
When choosing exhibition, can I only control the away team? I don't seem to be able to elect to play as the home team. The line changes / tactics are for away only.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Any modded files (aside from those in a specific save) that have the same name as a default file will be overwritten. Saved games won't be affected.

The Steamworks button won't highlight in red for the Fastspring version, it'll only work on the Steam one.

It's the home team that's controllable, the pregame screen will default to them.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #4
rain94
Minors (Single A)

"-fixed missing required skills for the Goon and Enforcer tactical roles. The requirements for both are nearly the same, but the roles have different in-game effects"

Both goon and enforcer are still showing the same Important and Key skills in the UI. Will the UI be updated as well?

I'm the person who is making those reference charts and I wanted to update it.
rain94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
"-fixed missing required skills for the Goon and Enforcer tactical roles. The requirements for both are nearly the same, but the roles have different in-game effects"

Both goon and enforcer are still showing the same Important and Key skills in the UI. Will the UI be updated as well?

I'm the person who is making those reference charts and I wanted to update it.
Are you looking at an old save? The new version can't retroactively update that data. A new start will show the correct ones.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #6
rain94
Minors (Single A)

No, I'm looking at a completely new save. I'm mousing over Goon and Enforcer and the same skills are still be highlighted red and green for both roles.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
rain94
Minors (Single A)

I do see that the patch has added Aggression, Bravery, and Determination as important skills for both Goon and Enforcer. However, Goon and Enforcer still have the same set of Key and Important skills.

This is what it looks like for both Goon and Enforcer.
Attached Images

Last edited by rain94; 10-10-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:36 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
I do see that the patch has added Aggression, Bravery, and Determination as important skills for both Goon and Enforcer. However, Goon and Enforcer still have the same set of Key and Important skills.
That's correct. The skills required are still the same, but the actual skill levels required differ slightly. And, as the notes said, the in-game effects of each role are different.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:45 AM   #9
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the confirmation Jeff. This is my first FHM and I am truly impressed with the level and attention to detail you guys have put into the game.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Hi, the link (for PC) is not working for me, 404 Not Found
Old 10-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #11
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
Hi, the link (for PC) is not working for me, 404 Not Found
It worked fine when I just clicked it. Perhaps try in Incognito mode?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Thanx for the reply Adam, but I tried and still no change, I tried without antivirus on also but it doesn't help. Is it possible to change to a steam key? I have no pbm with steam and my OOTP 20 game.
EDIT : OK now thx

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-11-2019 at 12:13 PM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #13
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Is it possible to receive a link to the updated manual?
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan View Post
Is it possible to receive a link to the updated manual?
Sure, manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=fhm6 (may be a little slow at the moment)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #15
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

I can't use the link. IT's say : error 404 page not find.
Edit : Strange, It worked when I opened the link in an other window...
Anyway thanks!

Last edited by Spartacus70; 10-11-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #16
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Mac link not working. 404
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichimanen View Post
Mac link not working. 404
Someone else had issues, try it from here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/fra...ager-download/
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #18
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Thanks. That link worked!
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #19
GMO123
Major Leagues

Is there any difference between the Steam and Fastspring versions?

Does one get more or less add-ons, or more popular?

Is Steamworks better or not than other means of modifying FHM6, or does it not matter?

Thanks.

Last edited by GMO123; 10-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Right now there's an issue with drag-and-drop on the lines selection screen in the Fastspring version that's forced us to disable it temporarily. Other than that, they're normally identical.