Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
daves
Hall Of Famer

So how far would this team progress in PT2.0?

Now that the season is over and the live player ratings are final, here is the 2019 all live team based on the ratings in the game:

C Garver 92
1b Bellinger 100
2b Tatis Jr 100
3b Rendon 100
SS Lindor 100
LF Bregman 100
CF Trout 100
RF Yelich 100
DH Arnedo 100
SP Scherzer 100
SP DeGrom 100
SP Cole 100
SP Verlander 98
SP Sale 98
CL Yates 96
ST Giles 96
ST Chapman 94
MR Morton 97
MR Clevinger 97
MR Kluber 97
Bench
C Grandal 92
INF LeMahieu 94
INF Bogaerts 94
INF/OF Bryant 97
OF Judge 96

Any changes to this roster for diamond or above rated players (Alonso was an 88 so he was not included)?

Are the perfect live 100 rated players overvalued for a 100?

With all the various players in PT, including multiple legends, record breakers, hardware heroes, etc.; how far would a team like this progress in this game? What would be the highest title? Is it a Gold championship caliber team? Diamond champions? Perfect contender? Perfect average? Maybe just a silver or Bronze level team?

Feel free to reply with your thoughts on how the 2019 live players would rate in this game?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Think it could easily win a gold league and possibly diamond too. Perfect is so diluted with so many leagues that it would be average up there.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I mean there is a thread still on the front page from a guy who says he was a game away from perfect with a roster quite a bit worse than this.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Personally I'd probably have Nelson Cruz in there as the DH, and he did end up as a 90 so would fit your criteria of diamond+.

I'd probably also move guys around, use Bellinger in LF and move one of the 3B over to 1st. And you could obviously play around with the bench depending on what you like best, as you could certainly argue for guys like Betts, Soto, or Springer ahead of Judge/Bogaerts/Bryant.

But yeah, I think pitching is what would let down a team like that most. Outside of Scherzer, deGrom, and probably Yates, the rest of the arms are well below average at the top levels. I'd probably have a few more starters even there like Buehler, Severino, or Greinke just to be able to eat innings, probably needed those extra arms instead of the extra bench bats, since the offense is actually pretty balanced on the whole.

As for how good they would be? Yeah, I think they could be decent enough in perfect. Would probably get beat pretty hard if they were up against a lot of the really top teams, but compared to the leagues I've been in the last few weeks, I think they'd be able to stay above the relegation line.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Diamond champion with aspirations to a perfect wild card. Maybe.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Think it could easily win a gold league and possibly diamond too. Perfect is so diluted with so many leagues that it would be average up there.
This easily could win Diamond. I'm contending in Diamond and I still have 6 Bronzes and 3 Silvers on my roster

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

This looks like .500-.550 team at Perfect level

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob View Post
This looks like .500-.550 team at Perfect level

Probably the worst place to be? Enjoy the first 5 to 7 seasons working to Perfect, because a 500 team in Perfect is like a simming jail. No playoffs or losing enough for Diamond leagues. Hopefully tournaments will add more excitement to the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #9
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

The worst place to be is a .400-.450 team in Perfect because that's not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to relegate.

A .500 team will occasionally make the playoffs, at least. However, this team probably wouldn't have any chance to win it all because of pitching but making the playoffs is nice.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:32 AM   #10
diamond3017
Minors (Single A)

Did live pitchers struggle this much in last year's PT?

Despite high overall ratings, pitchers like Cole, Sale, Verlander, Buehler, and Severino get killed in perfect because of low movement. I'm wondering if the current scoring environment in MLB, with the explosion of HR, made it difficult to rate live pitchers this year.

diamond3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond3017 View Post
I'm wondering if the current scoring environment in MLB, with the explosion of HR, made it difficult to rate live pitchers this year.
Yep this is it. Not just this year...the past several years HR rates have been skyrocketing. This year is just the most extreme, but it's an ongoing trend.

Leaguewide Totals:
2014: 4,186 HR
2015: 4,909 HR
2016: 5,610 HR
2017: 6,105 HR
2018: 5,585 HR
2019: 6,776 HR

Ratings incorporate 3 years of data via ZiPS projections. If they keep using these juiced balls or whatever is going on, it's only going to get worse going forward. For example next year's projections will be based on 2017-2019, where the league hit 18,466 HR. Compared to 2016-2018 (the baseline for this year's ratings) where the league hit 17,300 HR. That's about 7% inflation in HR in just one year.

I don't know precisely how things work, but it seems reasonable to expect MOV ratings to be roughly 7% worse next year across the board.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #12
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Despite high overall ratings, pitchers like Cole, Sale, Verlander, Buehler, and Severino get killed in perfect because of low movement. I'm wondering if the current scoring environment in MLB, with the explosion of HR, made it difficult to rate live pitchers this year.
Killed as starters but certainly at least Severino and Buehler are great in the pen.
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #13
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not entirely. Sale and Degrom were very good in 19. The new peek and more special edition fabricated cards makes the live cards less potent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk