Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #41
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
They are definitely included in the stuff rating...in the main game you can edit players and you will see stuff go up simply by adding extra (mediocre) pitches.

I think it only really matters though, if you are considering converting starters to relief. Stuff is calculated different for starters vs. relievers...something like only the top 2 pitches benefit relievers, whereas starters benefit from more. So if you convert a guy with 5 mediocre pitches, he will just get a small bump, but if you convert a guy with 2 outstanding pitches, he will get a larger bump.
There are a small handful of pitchers who lose stuff when converting to relief.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:10 AM   #42
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
We don't think they do anything except affect the Stuff rating. More pitches is good, especially for a starter. Higher quality pitches is good, especially for a reliever. If a starter converts to a reliever it'll be more beneficial to his Stuff to have a couple hot pitches than having a full arsenal of yellow ones.

Someone on the forums once said that a knuckleball pitcher can change things up, but I don't know if that's true.

Another thing pitch type is part of the factors is base stealing. "Type of pitch" is a parameter, so I guess that means a low hold runner pitcher with horrible velocity(I hope velocity is accounted, 100mph fastball and 90mph fastball is a huge difference) who prefers breaking balls is easy money for the stealers.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #43
daves
Hall Of Famer

So when putting a starter in the bullpen there is a stuff rating boost. Below is Walter Johnson from another team in long relief with a major stuff boost. So I purchased the same card and put Walter in middle relief, but I am not seeing a stuff ratings boost.

How did my opponent get it to work but I did not? Is there a trick to get the stuff boost for starters put in relief? Do I need to start him 1st? Does he need to be a setup or closer 1st?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by daves; 10-08-2019 at 11:13 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #44
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So when putting a starter in the bullpen there is a stuff rating boost. Below is Walter Johnson from another team in long relief with a major stuff boost. So I purchased the same card and put Walter in middle relief, but I am not seeing a stuff ratings boost.

How did my opponent get it to work but I did not? Is there a trick to get the stuff boost for starters put in relief? Do I need to start him 1st? Does he need to be a setup or closer 1st?
He gets the boost based on role assigned. In order to see it displayed on the card, his position needs to be changed to reliever.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #45
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
He gets the boost based on role assigned. In order to see it displayed on the card, his position needs to be changed to reliever.
Wow, huge difference when I force the role. Thanks.

Can I force the role as an RP then put him as a starter to retain the boost?

Last edited by daves; 10-08-2019 at 11:31 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #46
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Wow, huge difference when I force the role. Thanks.
This is just a visual thing for you as a player. If anyone comes into the game in relief (i.e. if they're used as a relief pitcher), they get the stuff boost regardless of which set of rating you have displayed.

Conversely, any player starting the game (assuming they're not in the opener role) uses their SP ratings. The operative thing is their usage, not you clicking a "show ratings" button.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 10-08-2019 at 11:33 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote