Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

Custom Artwork Overwritten

I have searched and searched and searched here for an answer, but can't seem to find it - Does anyone know why the game continues to overwrite custom artwork added into an online league? In particular, the home jerseys seem to be the most frequent victim, though home ball caps often will, too. Perhaps it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying and defeats the purpose of having custom artwork.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Does "artwork" just mean custom jerseys pngs in this example?

Is this in the game or just on the league website?

My guess is that your team's jerseys are not saved to the commish's news folder.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

You need to make sure the logos, jerseys, and caps are in the correct folders and are named correctly. That last one is usually the problem. For example caps_miami_marlins_2012-2018.png or jerseys_miami_marlins_2012-2018. Logos would be miami_marlins_2012-2018_XXXXXX_XXXXXX (the x's being the color hex numbers) and miami_marlins_2012-2018_small_50

The logos must be 150x150 pixels or 300x300. The caps and jerseys 512x512. It has to be right.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #4
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

I'm the Commish, so that's not the issue, and it's in-game, the files are all named correctly - 'team_name', 'jerseys_team_name', etc - all png files, with the extension, logos in the league folder>news>...>team logos, jerseys/caps in their proper spots within the league folder. The leagues been running since 2007, and things have been mostly ok with the custom artwork, but v20 just randomly writes over it. I'll fix it, then randomly three other teams change...

Last edited by mtopham; 07-04-2019 at 12:36 PM.
mtopham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Hmmm... OK so it's not a file name/location conflict. Are they being overwritten with the generic logos or other assets you've loaded?
Old 07-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #6
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Hmmm... OK so it's not a file name/location conflict. Are they being overwritten with the generic logos or other assets you've loaded?
Generic - I've even gone through (multiple times - definition of insanity?) and made sure that all team's settings reflect the correct jerseys, select 'Custom Textures', then come back later and/or after a sim, and home jerseys will randomly change to generic ones - and the selected jersey type will have changed, as well - and not just for the changed jersey - also caps!

Just so bizarre...
Old 07-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #7
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Please post one compete set that gets overwritten. Cap, logo, jerseys, I’m curious about this one now. I’ll try it in my game and see what’s up
Old 07-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #8
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

Not real familiar with online leagues but when you backup, are you backing up all the files? Using the "copy all files" option. I know that if I don't do that in my leagues it won't save the custom jerseys and logos.

Also clicking the "Run full check on logos....." option maybe?
Bears5122 is offline   Reply With Quote