Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
finn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor League Contracts

An issue I have with minor-league contracts is the players seem to think they aren't worth anything. I know they're not making a major league salary (or anywhere close to it usually), but I doubt most players would choose a $5,000 a year independent league salary over a minor-league deal, especially if they thought they could get a shot at the majors.

Instagram || Tumblr || Bandcamp || Twitter
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
BrooksKieschnick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can't believe I'm the first to comment on this post... yes. This is a huge issue if you're playing with Indy leagues on. A player should never turn down a minor-league deal to sign a $4,000 contract with the Kansas City T-Bones.
BrooksKieschnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering if you have tried offering a bonus along with the minor league contract?
I don't have independent leagues in my current fictional universe (yet) so I'm not sure if this would work.
But I do know that I've often been able to get players to sign a minor league contract by offering a signing bonus after they have turned down my initial offer.
I'd be curious if a bonus, even at a lesser amount than an independent league team might offer, would be tempting enough for a player given that they have a clearer path to the big leagues that way.

(On an unrelated, non-OOTP note, glad to see pronoun indicators here. Although I am what is likely the norm here- your basic cis he/him/his- it heartens me to think that this community can be broader than just that.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

That is why I never use indy leagues. OOTP does not handle them well.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote