Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
Ball Four
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scouting Budgets

Hi,

When you draft a player from a normal draft or a International draft class, are these players Amateur, and the scouting look is affected by your own scouts rating AND the money you invest in Amateur scouting ?
Ball Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

international -- an international league

if you generate "20" IAFA every year, that is simply amatuer scouting. so, you you have no international leagues whatsoever, you do not need to spend on international scouting.

*** not 100% sure about scouting discoveries. they may be influenced by the int'l sct budget or not? i just beef up the # of iafa and 0 out the scouting discoveries. i don't like the emails too... streamlines it a bit, get a few less players entering a system per year.

yes, money * ability affects accuracy relative to other scouts.

they are "amatuer scouting" in the draft pool, then after the next scouting report it will be an mil scouting budget result ** again, may have some paced transition or maybe an immediate/complete change? not sure.

e.g. if terribly wrong about a player, i don't think it's a new random roll relative to new scouting budget enforced... that player is for lack of a better word, marked for bad scouting and it will continue. the various factors that improve scouting accuacy over time will take their natural course... namely time.

corrections happen anywhere form first mil scouting report through ???? usally with a hefty budget and great scout you know what you got by A-ball or AA-ball for sure. they'll tick or hurdle toward the more accurate value by then.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #3
Ball Four
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks again NoOne,

I was kinda grasping how to ask it but you got it anyways ,re the difference from pre drafted to after drafting is Amateur to Minor scouting budget.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's no new scouting report... but, after you draft you can request a new report and that would be a MiL scouting budget, if they are in your mil system.

all about where the player is coming from at that moment in time... and then consider the delay between reports you chose. then, the "generated" stuff is simply amateur scouting. (it's all technically generated, but you know what i mean)
Old 11-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
Ball Four
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks once again .

So if my scout has poor in Amatures and average in Minors,once the player has signed and been put in say Single A ball, and I ask for a scout report,I should get a "better" idea of the player I picked.

On another topic (not wanting to start umpteen threads ),

I know this could be difficult to answer NoOne,but Is it just your trainers great/bad reputation that effects how often/badly you get player injuries ?

Once again thank you .
Old 11-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Four View Post
Thanks once again .

So if my scout has poor in Amatures and average in Minors,once the player has signed and been put in say Single A ball, and I ask for a scout report,I should get a "better" idea of the player I picked.

On another topic (not wanting to start umpteen threads ),

I know this could be difficult to answer NoOne,but Is it just your trainers great/bad reputation that effects how often/badly you get player injuries ?

Once again thank you .
trainers are accuately rated, from what i know.. it's not reputation.. it's whether they are good or bad at various parts... i haven't turned on editor to compare, but i don't think it is like reputaiton... if they are above X then they are "Legendary", etc... may change slowly like coach ratnigs year-to-year, but not like reptuation.

first part: yeah, it should improve... not saying it would 100% correct within 1 request report or 1 month, though... i would expect it to slowly improve towards a more accurate rating, more times than not.

rookies are very inaccurate compared to a mil player with 2 or 3 years of experience in your system.

like i said, the inaccuracy from draft budget isn't neccessarily 100% alleviated from first mil scouting report. it might be, but i doubt it. it would make finding 'better' prospects too easy. you could simply look for drastic changes the first report after the draft... they'd stand out like sore thumbs across the league.

if a player is inaccurately scouted, i think they stay that way initially but will slowly change due to various forces at play -- time and new budget used etc.

but, once off by "40/200", they will chnage from there relative to new forces applied due to budget... it won't be a "new" reporting on that person in 1 go.