Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Why Does 19 Suck So Bad?

This is the most problematic version of OOTP i have had. Files are in the wrong place, I cant surf the internet and have 19 open at the same time, game freezes every few days. i have updated my drivers across the board. i have to transfer my saved games folder from Program Files x 86 to My Documents which for a few of my leagues took 6 hrs til i gave up. i got the one i care about. Every time it freezes and i ctrl-alt-del I lose my screen setup and obviously any progress i made which right now Is 2 hrs of typing.

Release 20 so i can get off of 19. If 20 sucks i will never buy another version.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

Even if you're joking, I think its definitely true that the UI upgrades have covered over a game with more flaws than previous version(s).

It's pretty clear to me the direction that OOTPd are going. Micro-transactions and the MLB The Showization of the game.

The hardcore, mostly simmers, that just want things to work, want Rule 5 to work properly, want pitchers to be who they are supposed to be are being left behind, IMO.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

We should all don our flame retardant suits for the anticipated sycophantic rage.

“INCOMING!!!!!!!!!”
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for your input.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I think this is unfair. Yes there are some things i wish were more realistic (mainly financials, luxury tax & scouting and fevelopment$ but I feel aversion 19 is still the best edition to date, and had a smooth release. I find it to be mostly bug free, and it runs well on my MacBook Pro.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
We should all don our flame retardant suits for the anticipated sycophantic rage.

“INCOMING!!!!!!!!!”
That's Psychophanatic.

You almost got it right
Old 06-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
philliesphan26
Minors (Triple A)

I love 19 but I will say I liked the old UI better. The new one is a lot clunkier.
philliesphan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
kjb023
Major Leagues

I have no problems with OOTP 19 or the way it runs. Potentially it's your computer and not the game?
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
No issues here. Runs smoother than 18 for me.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

only problems i've had have been self inflicted. Game loads, runs best of any version i've had. Of course, i just sim, but no complaints here about how things operate. Sorry about your issues. Hopefully the Markus and the boys can perform some sort of magic and get your game running well.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb023 View Post
I have no problems with OOTP 19 or the way it runs. Potentially it's your computer and not the game?
No its not.
When i 1st installed 19 it put all of the files in the Program Files x 86 but when i installed teh updates it isntalled the normal files under My Documents like the other 5 versions i have on my PC. Now i have duplicate files but the files i use for Saved game , FG, flags and a few other things are all under Program Files. Transferring them over takes time. Was supposed to take 12 hrs to transfer my saved game from P.F to My Documents. I gave up after 6 but it had transferred the main save i play. i get to the rest when i get this league setup for the 2030 season.
I cant get any Silvam ballparks to work so i am currently using the default 3D park.
As of a few days ago i could not get anything from AOC to download. Figure that has to do with teh duplicate files. i can go on.

"Stay Strong"

Old 06-18-2018, 05:17 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
only problems i've had have been self inflicted. Game loads, runs best of any version i've had. Of course, i just sim, but no complaints here about how things operate. Sorry about your issues. Hopefully the Markus and the boys can perform some sort of magic and get your game running well.
I have 2 open tickets and one one has contacted me about either. Matt tried helping so i tried a new install and am having the same issues.

"Stay Strong"

Old 06-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #13
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
No its not.
When i 1st installed 19 it put all of the files in the Program Files x 86 but when i installed teh updates it isntalled the normal files under My Documents like the other 5 versions i have on my PC. Now i have duplicate files but the files i use for Saved game , FG, flags and a few other things are all under Program Files. Transferring them over takes time. Was supposed to take 12 hrs to transfer my saved game from P.F to My Documents. I gave up after 6 but it had transferred the main save i play. i get to the rest when i get this league setup for the 2030 season.
I cant get any Silvam ballparks to work so i am currently using the default 3D park.
As of a few days ago i could not get anything from AOC to download. Figure that has to do with teh duplicate files. i can go on.

Ok. Sorry, I don;t have any ideas, then. Good luck.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #14
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

19' has ran smoother then any other version of OOTP going back to 12' for me. I don't think making a broad statement like, "Why does 19' suck so bad?" is very fair, when it seems you're the only one with an issue.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #15
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I will try and help at least with the file transfer of your PC saying it is going to take 12+ hours. That should never happen unless you are moving TB's of data. I've rebuild 8TB raid arrays quicker then that. File transfer speed is completely separate from anything to do with OOTP since it is really on a mixture of your hardware and Windows own file transfer protocols. Nothing to do with OOTP. Your other issues I can't really speak upon.

I move hundreds and hundreds of GB all the way up to 1TB and it shouldn't take that long. Even something like 40 gb should only take 30 minutes to copy. And that is if your hard disk is a mechanical and not a SSD.

I can't speak upon any of your OOTP problems but if a simple file transfer on your computer is taking that long then it times to look under the hood. Are you running a SSD? Are you running mechanical? What are the HDD smart tests results? How old is this drive? If it's again mechanical it still can be severely fragmented.

OOTP under settings then Expert has a field for "Custom Data Path" you can point to this to any folder you would like. Either your "My Documents" directory or your "Program Files" or any other folder you would like.

I routinely buy used 120GB SSD's for around $20. Even if you wanted a new 240gb SSD they sell for about $50-$55 on Amazon right now.

I highly suggest having 1 for Windows and your day to day programs and one for all your games. If you use steam you can just move the default install path to the 2nd drive.

But again you shouldn't have to move files around just change the custom data path in OOTP settings. Hopefully this helps you out a little bit.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #16
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Like others here, I very much sympathize with your frustration. But also like others, I have not experienced any problems like this with 19. I have absolutely no desire to invalidate your experience, your reality. Would suggest, though, like others, that given that your's does not appear to be the common experience, it might be good to explore other possible causes and not throw the baby out with the bath water.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Why Does 19 Suck So Bad?

FWIW, I can play 19, browse safari and work on some music production at the same time...Sometimes i even have parallels running with TEW in the background...No problems. I have a 2009 iMac btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #18
markprior22
All Star Starter

I have problems with 19 that I haven't had with previous versions. Main one is random crashes. I make sure to keep drivers updated so that isn't the issue. It is so random that I haven't made a ticket or anything because I don't know how OOTP would troubleshoot. Might happen once every couple of days in real time. I back up after every game day now. Still a pain to be in the 8th inning of a good game and just have the game crash. Oh well.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #19
andyhdz
All Star Starter

It's safe to say computer or program crashes caused by 19 are in the minority as it was more prevalent that's all most of us would be talking about.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #20
Marz929
Minors (Rookie Ball)

sounds like your computer is the problem man.

My laptop is 6 years old, and this game runs smoothly...Im streaming Netflix, chatting on FB and playing this game.

I love 19.
Marz929 is offline   Reply With Quote