Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #41
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Vancouver still has that trio of Shore, Stewart and Morenz. Ottawa has probable Hart trophy winner Hap Day and 4 time Hart winner Frank Nighbor. A good amount of star power. I’m picking Vancouver. That threesome is deadly.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #42
George_Bell
All Star Starter

It’s a best of 3 game series.

Vancouver’s Bun Cook got the Maroons off to a good start, recording a goal and an assist in the opening period. Johnny Sheppard did the same for Vancouver in the third. The Maroons take the opener 4-1 without any of the Maroons stars scoring. Not a good start for Ottawa.

Game 2 opens with Howie Morenz knocking in a rebound to put Vancouver up 1-0. Archie Briden ties it for Ottawa. No scoring in the 2nd. Ottawa needs a big third period or Vancouver will repeat as Champions. Carson Cooper gives Ottawa the lead, scoring halfway through the third. Bill Holmes scores 3 mins later. That’s all the scoring. Ottawa ties the series with a 3-1 win. A deciding game 3 will be played.

Vancouver starts game 3 controlling the play. Eddie Shore gets the periods only goal for the Maroons. They lead 1-0, after outshooting Ottawa 16-3. Vancouver’s dominance continued into the 2nd. They can’t score, but are now outshooting Ottawa 31-7. Alex Connell is standing on his head giving the Sens a chance. Ottawa uses a couple power plays to take control of the play but can’t score. At the 17:20 mark of the third, Eddie Shore takes a boarding penalty. With 49 seconds left, and the man advantage, Bill Holmes buries a rebound to TIE THE SCORE!!! We head to overtime to decide the Stanley Cup.

Holmes ties the game!

5 minutes in, Albert Holway takes a pass from Carson Cooper. The Sens forward breaks in on the left side, and finds some space between the legs of Maroons goalie Al Lacroix. Lacroix gets a piece of it, but it trickles past the goal line! OTTAWA WINS THE STANLEY CUP!! Albert Howlay is the OT HERO!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!

Hero
Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #43
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 11-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #44
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1924 NHL Offseason

Hap Day wins the Hart Trophy. He’s the first defenceman to take the award. I guess that trade with Toronto a year and a half ago has worked out. A Stanley Cup and a Hart Trophy added to Day’s cabinet! He’s a pretty young guy too!

Here is the first team NHL All-Stars for the 1923-24 season….

Here are the rule changes for 1924-25

Newsy Lalonde has retired. The 35 year old retires as the NHL leader in Goals, with 94, and points with 260. He won 4 Stanley Cup’s with Montreal, and the 1920 Hart trophy as the leagues MVP. Here’s a look at Lalonde’s career.

Here is the 1924 NHL Draft results

Joe Primeau is the first pick of the 1924 draft, heading to the Montreal Maroons. Primeau has star potential. I think he looks great right now. Saskatoon signed him, so he will play in the WCHL for the time being, but one day soon, when that league folds, the Maroons are gonna have a stud.

Huge news out of Toronto

The St. Pats have agreed to sign C Nels Stewart to a 2 year contract. Stewart was drafted by Toronto 2nd overall in 1920. He spent the last 4 years playing with Vancouver of the WCHL, but his NHL rights remained with Toronto. When his contract expired this summer, the Pats pounced, and are adding a Franchise player. Nels Stewart is a star! Stewart recorded 125 points in 89 games during his WCHL run.

Nels Stewart

Howie Morenz has joined the Montreal Canadiens! Like Stewart, he spent 4 years in the WCHL, and dominated. The Stratford Streak was the 3rd pick in a great 1920 draft, and will finally join the NHL. Morenz finished his time with Vancouver having played 98 games, scoring 143 points!

Morenz
Old 11-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #45
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1924-25 NHL Regular Season

The league has been infused with two new teams and some top level young talent. The Maroons and the Bruins will be bad, but the league is very wide open.

The Maroons visited Boston in both franchises first NHL game. Both teams are made up of scraps and will need a few years to build up their teams, but early looks suggest Boston is ahead of the Maroons.

It turns out the biggest addition to the NHL from a WCHL team during the offseason was one I didn’t report. Frank Boucher, coming off 50 points in 30 games for Seattle joined the Senators. Boucher was picked 2nd overall in 1919. Boucher is dominating the NHL. He’s got 19 points, in his first 9 games. He’s leading the league in goals, assists, and obviously points! He also has Ottawa in first place. It’s possible Ottawa now has the best forward, the best D in Hap Day, and the best goalie, in Alex Connell in all of hockey!

Frank Boucher

The Maroons acquire a true starting goalie.

Montreal picks up Hap Holmes from Toronto. Holmes is 32, but he’s legit. He’s started 116 games over the years in Toronto, including 14 this season, where he put up an 8-4-1 record, with a 2.01 GAA and a .905 SP. The Maroons have been playing a few guys in net, and need some stability, and some talent. They give up a 2nd round pick, which will probably be the 7th pick in the draft. Toronto now turns to 24 year old John Ross Roach, who was acquired from Hamilton in the offseason. Roach is a pretty solid netminder.

The day after that trade, the Habs waived their starting goalie Hal Winkler, who is claimed by the Maroons. Winkler is 10-0-1 this year. Just like that, Maroon have some depth in goal! The Canadiens still have George Hainsworth, who missed the first half of the season with injury. So I guess as soon as he was healthy, Winkler was let go.

Hal Winkler

3 days later, with the addition of Winkler, Montreal trades Hap Holmes again. Holmes goes to Boston for a 2nd round pick, the same thing they acquired him for. Holmes becomes the Bruins clear starter. Goalie for EVERYONE!!

Hap Holmes

Final Standings

Montreal wins the league and gets a bye in the playoffs. Toronto and Ottawa will now play to see who takes on the Habs.

Frank Boucher settled down. He finished the year with 35 points. Not quite the pace he started the season with. Nels Stewart and Cy Denneny tie for the scoring title. Howie Morenz finishes with 43 points in 26 games.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #46
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1925 NHL Playoffs

In a two game, total goal series, the St. Pats took out the Senators in a closely contest pair of games. Reg Noble provided a goal and 2 assists in the combined 6-4 win for Toronto. Toronto now takes on Montreal for the right to play of the Stanley Cup.

The NHL championship is a one game winner take all affair. Red Dutton opened the scoring for the Habs, and really, that was it. Nels Stewart got himself into trouble, collecting 12 PIMs in the first period. Toronto couldn’t get going without him, and Montreal dominated the rest of the game. They win it 4-0, outshooting Toronto 39-12.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #47
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Victoria’s King Clancy, whose NHL rights are actually owned by Montreal, has developed into one of the worlds best dman. He doesn’t have the cast around him though that Montreal could provide. The Habs have a lot of depth, and great goaltending. I think they win.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #48
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Duke Keats gets the first goal of the cup finals. That goal got Montreal off to a good start. It’s 3-0 Montreal after one period. The Cougars Harry Darragh gets his squad on the board in the 2nd, while Baldy Cotton makes it a one goal game early in the third. Victoria really shuts down Montreal in the final two frames, but that Habs start was enough. Montreal takes game one, 3-2.

For the 2nd straight game, Montreal jumps out to a 3-0 first period lead. For the 2nd straight game, the Cougars score early in the 2nd to get on the board, and for the 2nd straight game, Baldy Cotton cuts the lead to one! Montreal adds an insurance goal early in the third though, which they need, as King Clancy immediately cuts the lead to 1 again. It’s all for naught though. Montreal gets 2 late, and hold on for a 6-3 lead. They lead the series 2-0.

Victoria manages to keep the Habs off the board in the first, but Lionel Conacher scores for Montreal early in the 2nd to establish the lead. Cy Denneny scores two quick goals in the third, and the route is pretty much on. The game is never in doubt. Montreal wins 5-1 and sweeps the Cougars!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #49
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #50
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1925 NHL Offseason

Nels Stewart wins the Hart Trophy. Stewart ends the Ottawa run of Hart winners. 22 year old Stewart has developed wonderfully. Here’s a look at his in game ratings.

Damn it, I deleted the all-star team news article again. Ill pick them manually for the 2nd time. I do remember Alex Connell was named 1st team goalie.

G Alex Connell, OTT
D Hap Day, OTT
D Lionel Conacher, MON
RW Babe Dye, MON
C Nels Stewart, TOR
LW Aurel Joliat, HAM

Dit Clapper goes first overall to the brand new Pittsburgh Pirates. Clapper has excellent potential as a dman or a winger. Pittsburgh needs them all, so I don’t know where he will play.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #51
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1925-26 NHL Regular Season

Pittsburgh's first NHL game did not go to well. The are manhandled by the Bruins, who aren’t very good themselves….

2nd year franchise Boston seems to have gotten a lot better really really quickly. In this game, new teams don’t have much of a way to build a talent base other then patiently drafting them. All skilled players rights are owned by other teams, so im very surprised to see the Bruins have already equaled their win total from last season. It took them 10 games to get to 6 wins this year!! They aren’t scoring a whole lot. They average under 3 goals a game. Goalie Hap Holmes has been unbelievable with a .947 SP, but he’s still got a GAA of 2.47. That suggests to me they give up a ton of shots and are being outplayed. Still their 6-5 record is good for 4th place. Based on the stats, there’s no way they can keep this up?!

Montreal makes a trade and im scratching my head.

The Habs give up 34 year old Cy Denneny, whose still a point a game player, for 22 year old goaltender that was the first overall pick a few years back, Tiny Thompson. Thompson has developed into a fine goalie. He was stuck behind Alec Connell in Ottawa though, and Connell looks like the class of the league. So it makes perfect sense for Ottawa to deal him. Montreal though, needs a goalie like a hole in the head. George Hainsworth, now in his 30’s, is still great, and is on top of their depth chart. Their backup, Lorne Chabot, is probably a top 5 goalie in all of hockey and has played more then Hainsworth. Why pick up Tiny Thompson??? Why not use that asset on something else?

Tiny Thompson

Boston’s good start was indeed fools gold. They go 3-20 over the rest of the season. Better then their inaugural campaign, but ya, not quite as good as that 6-5 start. Here are the final standings.

The New York Americans franchise qualify for a playoff spot for the first time ever!!

Lorne Chabot completely took over the Habs #1 spot despite what the depth chart says, and he had a great year. Look at Ottawa’s penalty killing. 96.6 percent!! Amazing, just not good enough for a playoff spot!

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-12-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #52
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1926 NHL Playoffs

1st round

Toronto and New York will play a 2 game total goal series. Goalies Red McCusker and John Ross Roach are both fantastic in the opener. Only American Dunc Munro was able to score in the 2nd period. McCusker records the shutout in a 1-0 New York win.

Game 2 saw more of the same. McCusker was again excellent, allowing just a single Reg Noble shot by him. The Americans improved on their game one output netting 3. New York wins the game 3-1, and takes the total goal series 4-1. They play Montreal for the right to goto the Stanley Cup.

Red McCusker allowed just one goal to Toronto.

2nd Round

This series between the Habs and the Amerks is a 2 game total goal series. Montreal gets a early 1-0 lead in the opener, but can’t hold it. The Americans score 3 straight in the 2nd, all assisted by Aurel Joliat. That’s enough for them to hold on. NY takes game one, 4-3.

Game 2 is all New York. They jump up 2-0 quickly, add another in the 2nd, and smother the Habs to death. Montreal gets a meaningless goal late, but it doesn’t matter. NY wins 4-1 and takes the total goal series 8-5. The Americans will play for the Stanley Cup!

Old 11-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #53
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I have to go with Aurel Joliat’s side in this one. They have been playing a really strong defensive game, shutting down the two top offense in the league. Vancouver has Eddie Shore, but not a lot else that would scare New York.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #54
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Ok, this is weird. No games got played. I can’t go back, far enough to see what happened. No games appear on the schedule, or in either teams separate schedule. The history section of the game has awarded the title to NY, so, for the interest of just continuing, lets say the Vancouver Maroons were unable to pay because they were hit with some disease. They forfeit, so the NY Americans win the Stanley Cup!

Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #55
croatian
All Star Starter

YOu should record this series and put it on youtube
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #56
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
YOu should record this series and put it on youtube
Haha, thank you, that's not my medium though!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #57
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1926 NHL Offseason

Toronto’s Nels Stewart wins his 2nd straight Hart Trophy. The 23 year old gave the St. Pats 53 points in 36 games, getting an average game rating of 87! That’s pretty good. He’s a franchise player. For any stats guys out there, her is a look at his 1925/26 season.

Again, I missed the all-star selection. Probably because I was pre occupied with the lack of a Stanley Cup! Here are my selections.

G Lorne Chabot, MON
D Hap Day, OTT
D Buck Boucher, NYA
LW Aurel Joliat, NYA
C Nels Stewart, TOR
RW Babe Dye, MON

A lot of changes in the world of hockey.

Two things. First, the NHL expanded by 3 teams. That doesn't mention the New York Rangers, who are now in the game. Second, the St. Pats didn’t actually change to the Maple Leafs until the middle of the upcoming season. In game, it still says St. Pats. I’m not sure how the game will handle this. I will refer to them as the St. Pats until it changes in game, or until next season.

Oops, forgot to mention the NY Americans have also changed their uniforms. I think they look pretty good in game. Here they are...

The league is now divided into two divisions. The American division and the Canadian division. Here are the new divisions.

I have decided to introduce two new awards this year. The Vezina Trophy and the Lady Byng Trophy. The Vezina will be awarded to the leagues best goalie. It’s named after former Montreal Canadien Georges Vezina. The Lady Byng will be awarded to the player who exhibits outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct throughout the season.

Lady Byng and Vezina Trophys

Just days before the draft, expansion Detroit finds itself a goalie!

Chabot is coming off his first season as a starter, which he led the league in Wins, Save Pct, and Goals against average. He had a monster season for the Habs. Montreal has George Hainsworth, and Tiny Thompson, who I talked about during the season. There is no need for 3 goalies of that caliber. Montreal gets the 2nd overall pick in the draft. Seems like a deal that makes sense for both teams.

This isn’t a good draft. Cecil Dillon doesn’t look like the kind of guy you want to get first overall. As an expansion team, Dillon will play and get a chance to produce, but he’s not a guy you build your franchise around. Detroit now looks like they made a good moving dealing #2 for Lorne Chabot.

Apparently, the NHL rights to King Clancy, Eddie Shore, and Babe Siebert all expired, as they became free to sign anywhere they wanted. King Clancy joined Detroit with the rest of his teammates, as they were purchased when the PCHL folded.

Clancy begins his NHL career in Detroit.

Siebert signed with the team who drafted him, Ottawa. Eddie Shore joined the Boston Bruins.

Siebert and Shore
Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #58
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1926-27 NHL Regular Season

It’s gonna be a long season for the Rangers. They really don’t have much talent at all. The Maroons are pretty bad, and dominated. Montreal does have Joe Primeau though, who made his NHL debut, with a 2 assist night.

The Blackhawks are in the same boat as the Rangers. Little to no talent, and will be overmatched in just about every game. Dutch Gainor and Marty Barry are their best players, but I’d say they would be third line guys on good teams.

The Cougars are in a much better position to compete. Stars Lorne Chabot and King Clancy are difference makers. I don’t know how good they can be, but they have a chance every night.

Just above, about the NY Rangers first game, I said, and I quote “The Maroons are pretty bad, and dominated.” Well, its new years day, and here’s how the Maroons are doing...

So ya, I’m an idiot. I obviously have no clue what I'm looking at! The Maroons are crushing it. Joe Primeau, Hooley Smith, Ching Johnson and Butch Keeling are finding this NHL thing pretty easy. 22 year old goalie Charlie Gardiner already has 3 shutouts! The Maroons are killing it. I couldn't have been more wrong!

One thing about the standings here on New Years Day. The elite in the league clearly play in the Canadian Division. Last place there has more points then first place in the American Division!

Interesting move by the St. Pats

In what appears to be an effort to get younger, Toronto deals 31 year old Jack Adams to Ottawa, who trails Toronto by 5 points in the standings. Adams has spent his entire career, 10 years in Toronto. He recorded 241 points in 243 games, including 16 points this season. Adams is a very reliable 2nd line guy. The Pats don’t get much back. Red Green had a nice season in 1925, but he’s spent all year in the minors. Toronto is competing for a Cup. Weird they would do this…

Well, we reached Feb 14th, 1927, which is the day Conn Smythe became the owner of the Toronto St. Pats. He should be changing the team name to the Maple Leafs right about now. Nope, the game didn’t change it, so I will. The Toronto St. Pats have changed their name to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Here is their new logo and uniform!

The whole Canadian division is pretty much better then the whole American division. That’s to be expected though, as those teams are much more established. Here are the final standings.

Toronto goalie John Ross Roach has exploded into one of hockey’s best goalies. He spent most of his career in Hamilton, bouncing up and down between the minors and the NHL. Hamilton never really gave him a shot. Toronto picked him up in a minor trade during the summer of 24, and he's been their goalie ever since. He’s the odds on favourite now to win the first ever Vezina Trophy!

Roach

Jack Adams didn't have much of an impact in Ottawa. In 19 games, he recorded just a single goal, plus 7 assists. He was still playing 19 minutes a game, so that pairing just didn't work very well.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #59
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1927 NHL Playoffs

The opening round of the playoffs is a total goal, two game series. Here are the results…

Lorne Chabot completely dominates the Pirates, allowing just one goal as Detroit advances. The Habs came back from a deficit and record a huge game 2 win to beat the Maroons 9-4 in total goals. Detroit will play Boston, Montreal will play Toronto. The 2nd round is also a two game, total goal series.

In the opening game of the Canadian semi-finals, Montreal’s Babe Dye set an NHL record, scoring just 3 seconds into the game. Opening faceoff..1…2..3…goal! Go ahead. Count 3 seconds! Amazing! After tying the first game, Montreal again comes away from game 2 with a huge effort. They upset 2 teams ahead of them in the Standings to get back to the Stanley Cup. They will take on the Bruins, who have no trouble with Detroit!

Babe Dye's score the fastest goal from the opening faceoff.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #60
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Boston is in the Stanley Cup for year 2! That’s quite the accomplishment. Eddie Shores addition clearly helped. Shore had a monster year, leading the team in scoring. They really are outclassed here though. Montreal is the better team from goalie out. Now, considering how I know nothing, watch the Bruins win! The series is best 3 out of 5.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.