Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Free agent prospects

At some point I get prospects that finish out their juniors and become free agents. If I don't sign them and put them on a minor league team, will that hurt their development?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #2
frogman210
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
At some point I get prospects that finish out their juniors and become free agents. If I don't sign them and put them on a minor league team, will that hurt their development?
you do not retain their rights if you do not sign them before 3 years after you draft them i belive it is. if they move on then you do not keep them in your system or have the rights to them. Generally speaking letting a guy develop for a couple seasons is ususally smart in the minors then singing them after that. That way they are older a higher developed before their ELC (entry level contract) expiers and you generally get a better value for their contract that way. There are some exceptions obviously.. mcdavid etc..
frogman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
redtiger7
All Star Starter

I'm doing custom league. I've got quite a few prospects that are still on my protected list but play for no team.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
redtiger7
All Star Starter

And when you do sign them, they're immediatly placed with the main club, and get angry if you send them down to the minors.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I'm doing custom league. I've got quite a few prospects that are still on my protected list but play for no team.
Quote:
And when you do sign them, they're immediately placed with the main club, and get angry if you send them down to the minors.
Well that's typically how a player's contract will work.

Depending on how/when you set up your custom league, you may not have a minor team for them to go to, instead they end up on the "Protected" List. You will also see this in Historical Mode. This acts like a Minor League team, players still can get their stats raised, they just aren't registered as having played any games.

Also, how are you signing everyone with your club? Contract stats do matter. Are you listing everyone as a #1 prospect? Some players will feel as though they should be with the big club immediately, so their anger doesn't subside quickly. Don't fret it too much though.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote