Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
tehdon
Bat Boy

Add-on of sorts

Because I have a rather poor imagination, I tend to need a starting point for my boxing universe, I hate starting with all fighter's having records of 0-0-0.

To help myself, I've written a little utility which modifies an exported tbdx3 file and inserts the fighter's current record from boxrec.com. Then when you import from the tbdx3 file, the fighter has their current record, giving me a bit more of a starting off point for the universe.

I guess this post is to ask if anyone is open in helping me test it. I'd also like to make sure no one has any problems with me making this sort of utility available to the community in general.
tehdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

I would love to help test this. Just show me what to do.
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
tehdon
Bat Boy

Great, here is a link to the download:
http: //www.megaupload.com/?d=LGQTARZY

The zip file is too big to attach to the thread. The site hosting the download creates an annoying pop-up and forces you to wait 25 seconds before you can download. I'd like to apologize for that, I don't know of any alternatives. The zip containts the executable, source, and a readme.

Any questions or problems, please let me know.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Has anyone been able to use this? It sounds like a solution to a problem that quite a few people have mentioned when desiring to have current records for fighters.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
comicfanman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdon View Post
Great, here is a link to the download:
http: //www.megaupload.com/?d=LGQTARZY

The zip file is too big to attach to the thread. The site hosting the download creates an annoying pop-up and forces you to wait 25 seconds before you can download. I'd like to apologize for that, I don't know of any alternatives. The zip containts the executable, source, and a readme.

Any questions or problems, please let me know.
I get a page load error when attempting to reach website
Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
tehdon
Bat Boy

I just tested the download and it worked ok for me.

Anyone know of any alternatives for uploading it that would be world reachable?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #7
tehdon
Bat Boy

I realized there's a space in the URL from the original post that may be causing the error you're seeing:

Try following this link instead:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LGQTARZY

Last edited by tehdon; 06-26-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Worked like a charm ... the real kicker is if you could get it to only read boxrec through a certain date.

Say you want to start a universe in 1994 .... you could start your initial universe with all fighters that started between 1984 & 1994 and then run your utility to get their records at the start of 1994 ... make sense? That way all of the fighters wouldn't have to have their official record.
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
tehdon
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
Worked like a charm ... the real kicker is if you could get it to only read boxrec through a certain date.

Say you want to start a universe in 1994 .... you could start your initial universe with all fighters that started between 1984 & 1994 and then run your utility to get their records at the start of 1994 ... make sense? That way all of the fighters wouldn't have to have their official record.
Good deal, glad it worked.

I think I can make changes to how the import works so it will either give you the option to pull the fighter's current record at time of the import or allow you supply a start and end date and only counts the bouts between those dates. I'll have to play around with the records and see how standardized the formatting is before knowing for sure though.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #10
comicfanman
All Star Starter

I downloaded and got it to work also. Great job.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
tehdon
Bat Boy

I've updated the utility to allow you to select to either import the fighter's current record or choose a year (as far back as 1900) which will serve as the last year of records to import.

For example, if you're curious what might have happened had Ali been allowed to box between 1967 and 1970, just export fighters from that era, choose 1967 as the last year of import and all of the fighters have the records they would have had at the end of '67.

You can download the updated utility here.

Any problems or questions, please let me know.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

Have not tried it yet, but thanks soooo much for a great mod! Can't wait for things to slow down so I can give it a whirl!
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I just downloaded this utility and am looking forward to trying it out!
Thanks for the effort in putting it together!

Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #14
tehdon
Bat Boy

Apparently BoxRec made some changes to how they format the total current record for a fighter and it was causing the imports to fail. This has been corrected in the latest version of the utility.

Version 2.2 of the utility can be downloaded here.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #15
Ric915
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdon View Post
Apparently BoxRec made some changes to how they format the total current record for a fighter and it was causing the imports to fail. This has been corrected in the latest version of the utility.

Version 2.2 of the utility can be downloaded here.

Has anyone tried this utility with the new Year functionality would like to here some input?. Sounds like a great addition for TBCB can't believe I haven't seen this before
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

I really need to get out of "Inside the Ropes" more often. Looking forward to trying this. Before I do though, have you updated it recently?
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
tehdon
Bat Boy

Infinity: No, I haven't done any updates to it recently, unless BoxRec changed how they format their records, it *should* still work properly.

Honestly, I recently migrated to a new PC and I haven't reinstalled TBCB, so unfortunately I'm not even in a position to test it out at this time.

If you try it out and discover any problems, let me know and I'll take a look. It's been awhile since I've worked on this, and I'd kind of like an excuse to revisit the code
Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

I'm sorry I missed the bus on this the first time this thread came around. This is a very nice tool for a uni and it works great. Thanks for the effort in creating this!
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Great Tool

I appreciate your work on this, it is very useful
McClearyMauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
echols
Bat Boy

Anybody still have this?
echols is offline   Reply With Quote