Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
PurpleHaze34
Bat Boy

Player development email not matching ratings

I just got the end of July scouting update and the ratings don't match the players screen. I'm managing the Brewers and here are some examples:

Jimmy Nelson Overall from 28 to 22 potential drops from 29 to 23. I even advanced one day and he's at 39 potential and overall.

in the email it says "Scooter Genennet overall and potential drops to 57" he's at 54 the day after the email...

Are these mid year changes not reflected on the player pages right away? Did Scooter start the year at 54 and move up a notch and then down a notch but is still slightly better than he started the season?

I changed the setting for potential and overall away from stars a while ago, but my ratings are on a 20/80 scale. I'm just not sure how to interpret the scouting report at this point.

EDIT: for the record the ratings don't match ORSA either. I did check that too.
PurpleHaze34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

any change to AI Evaluation? new or vacant scouting director? most things would have to occur after the development report was sent to cause a discrepancy. double check date.. make sure it isn't last month's. did you purge the database? not likely, but could cause problems.

osa won't match up, no worries about that

changes are reflected per your setting for scouting reports: monthly, bi-monthly, etc. on 100% accurate setting i believe the ratings are up-to-date at all times, so when they change under-the-hood you also see it immediately (previous releases for sure).

if it's the most recent report, then it should be what you see, as long as all settings and related factors remain the same, too. e.g. hiring a new scouting director midseason may result in an immediate re-scout, or the next scouting report will display potentially drastically different ratings (more so on prospects than in the majors).

Last edited by NoOne; 11-20-2016 at 02:15 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
PurpleHaze34
Bat Boy

I added a screen shot. Same scout as when I started my 2016 quickstart (unless he died and I missed it). It looks like it's just the overall ratings that are off.
Attached Images
Old 11-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze34 View Post
I added a screen shot. Same scout as when I started my 2016 quickstart (unless he died and I missed it). It looks like it's just the overall ratings that are off.

This is your obligatory post stating that Overall rating is overvalued anyway. You're better off focusing on the Individual Component Ratings. As far as the discrepancy, not sure what's causing that.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

maybe AI evaluation... but i would think that updates with scouting reports, unless you are using 100% accurate of course.

and yeah, overall is fo rthe AI not users.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #6
PurpleHaze34
Bat Boy

Thanks guys. I have been looking at it like Stats are the best, individual ratings next, then overall when I'm looking at my team big picture or looking to offload someone that doesn't fit my scheme. It's not a game breaker for me, I just thought it was odd and that maybe I was missing something.