Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
dickysty
Major Leagues

Real life transactions.

What year does real life historical transactions start?

I can't seem to find the answer in any of my searches.

I've tried starting a new game from 1871 through 1900 without any options for this feature.

Thanks.
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickysty View Post
what year does real life historical transactions start?
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Thanks.

It would be nice if it was mentioned somewhere in either the new game wizard or the manual.
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I think the real transaction are listed too for the previous years, but it won't work untill the 19th century will be implemented correctly (real teams, real league, etc...). Wich is obviously an hard thing to program, even doing the works manually is a lot of works : the structure change almost every season, league are created for one season only, you must check if the schedule is ok every season (sometimes the teams schedule are inverted) and you have a lot of manual moves to do. At least the retire as in real life and missed season according to history works fine (except that I've seen players retired when they didn't play for a long time).
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Well players unretiring doesnt work so well because players dont seem to go to their new teams but the last team they played for. So if that team doesnt exist anymore the game seems to throw the player anywhere. It would be better for players to go to new teams.

So thats why im working on a simplified transaction file for 19thcentury. Basically the player is either released, signed from the free agent pool or unretired. But having players unretire automatically and go o old teams may cause me problems. But if i turn miss seasons off then i have to do that manually. Would rather have unretired players go to a free agent pool or their new teams.
Anyway im trying to keep it simple. I try to use actual dates as much as i can if transaction happens during the season. Otherwise i just release players on dec 31st and sign them on Jan 1st. Its not perfect but i think trying to do the transaction as they were for the 19th century in real life just gets too complicated.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote