Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
skep
Minors (Double A)

Features we'd like in later releases

Sealed Deck tournaments! Instead of just opening packs, play with them. Have an "entry" of 10 regular packs (or 10k pp, either or please). Once tournament starts players have 20-30 minutes to open packs and construct team. 8 or 16-team quick tournaments with minor prizes.

Suspenseful animations! Once you get a feel for the animations, you know what's going to happen. What I'd like to see is one "close" animation that then zooms in on the action (throw to home plate for instance) and shows one of three or four other animations showing "safe" or "out". When I say "zoom in", what I mean is have a box appear showing a zoomed in animation, some of the old baseball video games utilized this mechanic. You could do this for a number of plays to increase tension and make it feel more like a real game.

Integrated logins! Switching between three or even six team logins is very tedious. I would like to be able to log in once in the morning and that's it, with a dropdown menu to select which team to view. This should work with not just multiple logins, but multiple accounts.

Tournament info screen! Right now you have to "play now" view a tournament to see what's happening. I would like to see a window that shows what tournaments my teams are in, what round the tournament is in, my current record in that round, and time until next sim.

Last edited by skep; 03-23-2020 at 12:55 PM.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

We have a running draft of an idea sort of like sealed pack ideas that came from a few people in the Discord. Something we're definitely going to spend a lot of time talking about as a team in the coming months

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
Wayllander
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Similar to the filter show only cards I can afford - it would be great to see show only cards I don't own.....
Wayllander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I would love to see the stat 'player of the game' listed somewhere. It would be cool to track.

Also, I would like to be able to open up cards in AH to see their full card.

I would like to know how to get rid of the blank 'news' screen on my main page . I can't figure it out.

I would like baserunning, stealing and speed all to show on my test roster screen instead of having to always sort and show baserunning)

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
TheYonk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would love to see:

1.) Auto sell cards that match the card type ( like auto sell only live cards )

2.) more search on the roster management screen, I would love to search for players to activate, sell, or what not based on criteria

3.) bulk sell options for cards would be nice
TheYonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
skep
Minors (Double A)

Tournament leaderboard!

I'd assign 1 point per 100pp in prizes (200pp prize = 2 points, 2 pack prize = 20 points). Might be tricky with card prizes, but I'm sure you could figure a way to do it.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #7
Warhawk
Major Leagues

I think tiered collections would be an improvement. Collections so far have vacillated wildly between being way too hard for the reward and way too easy for the reward, and a lot of that had to do with the percentage of cards required to complete. Instead of having one reward for a collection, have several of escalating value, so for example for a mission with, say, 34 cards, like one of the live missions, rewarding a silver for 20 cards, a gold for 26, and a diamond for 32 or 34 or whatever.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #8
skep
Minors (Double A)

As I'm going through simming the 1927 Yankees to get my challenge mode packs, I realize that I don't enjoy this very much. Instead of this, what about login rewards? Every Monday reset the login rewards and every day at like 3 AM reset the daily login. Then...

1st weekly login - 100pp

2nd weekly login - 250pp

3rd weekly login - 1 regular pack

4th weekly login - 250pp

5th weekly login - 1 regular pack

6th weekly login - 500pp

7th weekly login - 1 historical pack

Old 04-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
As I'm going through simming the 1927 Yankees to get my challenge mode packs, I realize that I don't enjoy this very much. Instead of this, what about login rewards? Every Monday reset the login rewards and every day at like 3 AM reset the daily login. Then...

1st weekly login - 100pp

2nd weekly login - 250pp

3rd weekly login - 1 regular pack

4th weekly login - 250pp

5th weekly login - 1 regular pack

6th weekly login - 500pp

7th weekly login - 1 historical pack
I quit grinding those packs a long time ago. My time is worth more than the $1 to simply buy the pack.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #10
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

SORT by DEF
Old 04-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #11
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

A select all cards below X button. This way, I don't have to manually click every card to send them to the Inactive roster.

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #12
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
As I'm going through simming the 1927 Yankees to get my challenge mode packs, I realize that I don't enjoy this very much.
They should revamp challenge mode to start from a specific set of players for everyone, 1 for historical players, 1 for fictional players. Then proceed in standard solo dynasty mode for 50 seasons, (like Connie Mack). But, make the achievements more like PT so you can still get your packs, timely. Even further, you could earn more than 1 pack in a playing session, but they only "drop" into your account once every 72 hours. That way you don't have to quit just because you got your pack. At the end of 50 seasons, have some kind of dynasty leaderboard. (As much as feasible, each season's draft class would have the same names and potential for everyone for fun comparability). For the purposes of the leaderboard, only your first attempt counts.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:51 AM   #13
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I dont think this has been requested.

I would like a way to be able to sell cards from the collection mission screen. I have a pack only team and there is no way I will complete the new Roaring 20's Heroes mission. I would like to click on the players I do have in that collection and go to the auction screen to sell them.

Most of the time, the players are inactive. So I have to go a few layers deep to find him and then auction him.

Thanks
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #14
Snowball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayllander View Post
Similar to the filter show only cards I can afford - it would be great to see show only cards I don't own.....
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=312462

Markus talked about that topic on here. Seems like it would not be possible in the near future...
Old 04-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #15
skep
Minors (Double A)

I'd like the ability to watch either just the top half or bottom half of the game. So every offensive plate appearance but skip all of opponent's plate appearances.

Or maybe you could have three different highlight reels. One highlight reel like you already have, and then one for each team which has all their offense plus the entirety of the last relevant inning? Something like that. More replay options.

Last edited by skep; 04-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #16
daves
Hall Of Famer

Speed in AH filter.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #17
Snowball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I love to watch replays in PT. I would love to see more details when watching a replay.

Today’s stats line In the players detail box
Tournament Stats line as well
Old 04-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #18
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Given the fact that it takes whole eternity to fill big 128 seat tournaments, perhaps these tournaments wouldn't have to be counted in the limitation of max three signs up.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #19
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Giants View Post
Given the fact that it takes whole eternity to fill big 128 seat tournaments, perhaps these tournaments wouldn't have to be counted in the limitation of max three signs up.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe add a 4th tournament slot that can only be used for weekly, monthly or fixed time tourneys?

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #20
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe add a 4th tournament slot that can only be used for weekly, monthly or fixed time tourneys?
Yep, exactly. After signing up for three "regular" tournaments, only weekly and monthly would remain possible to sign up...

Another thing which would be really welcomed is binding collection and tournaments rewards to an account. I am not saying every single of them but rather some special cards from special tournaments or collections. One of the examples where this limitation could be applied are themed teams. Let me elaborate:
based on how the current collections look like, it seems to me that dropping whole collection mission set based on one franchise isn't desired anymore. Yet, the whole idea of franchise collections isn't bad at all. The only issue is that a lot of players aren't that interested in rewards - they just drop the rewards to the auction house and consequently drive prices of required cards up. Not allowing to drop such reward cards to auction house would limit how many players will decide in the end to pursuit such mission and would benefit real themed card collectors...