Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #61
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I disagree about having to be around at the starting point to work the AH. For 19, I came into the game late and still was able to use the AH to build up my team.
That depends what level you mean by 'build up'.

I was regularly making over 1000 pp on single flips in the early days of the AH with gold cards. I made nearly 10k off a flip once. If I hadn't gone AFK, I'm convinced that early edge would have put me deep into the top division by now.

Once the market has settled you can still make enough money to build a decent team but it's nowhere near the same IMO. I think it would be impossible to start a F2P team, just work the AH, and take that team to a top level if you started the game even 2 months after its release.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #62
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
This is true. I just opened my team after about 4 months of inactivity and everything is still there. It was all run just as though I was still around.

It's interesting to look at the history. I was in gold, became inactive, my team got promoted with no-one at the wheel and spent the next few years winning 95 games in diamond, then gradually sank down to being a .500 team at the diamond level as everyone else caught up with me. I've been in diamond forever.

I doubt I'll ever get back into PT again. 19 is about dead, and I've missed the starting point of OOTP 20 which is crucial if you want to work the AH. But I suppose I should do something with this 143,812 pp that I've got in my account.
This is a perfect time to start PT 2.0.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:13 AM   #63
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Ripped 11 packs tonight. 1 perfect (deGrom, who I am keeping), 1 diamond and 2 golds. Diamond onto AH. One of the golds will replace my current diamond at that position, so I guess that'll be 2 golds onto AH.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #64
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
This is a perfect time to start PT 2.0.
It is. I personally won't pay the opening day price for OOTP, but IMO if that's not a problem for someone and they love PT then they'd do best to move to 2.0 as quick as possible.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #65
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
That depends what level you mean by 'build up'.

I was regularly making over 1000 pp on single flips in the early days of the AH with gold cards. I made nearly 10k off a flip once. If I hadn't gone AFK, I'm convinced that early edge would have put me deep into the top division by now.

Once the market has settled you can still make enough money to build a decent team but it's nowhere near the same IMO. I think it would be impossible to start a F2P team, just work the AH, and take that team to a top level if you started the game even 2 months after its release.
It is way easier with live cards in 20

I bought several Rendon's for 5K to 7K and he just got upgraded to perfect. thats at least a 15K profit on each card.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #66
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
It is way easier with live cards in 20

I bought several Rendon's for 5K to 7K and he just got upgraded to perfect. thats at least a 15K profit on each card.
Yep. I sold Sale and bought Rendon last week. Big win this morning.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #67
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure it will get tougher in the future as more people pay attention but to me this year will be all about using the AH to invest in cards that can get upgraded. Its not a secret Rendon is OPSing close to 1.500, but he was still available yesterday in the 5000s so people either arent aware of the live factor or didnt believe it would happen.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #68
<Pion>
All Star Starter

It will be interesting to see how things play out. To me, it seems like fools gold to go after a player that gets a ratings increase (after the increase), so I can't imagine buying a Rendon or a Bellinger at this time. I don't see Bellinger reaching Perfect level unless he continues red hot for the whole season, so really you're only left with the possibilities that his stats go back to his norm and he drops back down to gold, or he maintains the level of play (which usually does not happen for guys off to hot starts) and he stays at the diamond level (in which case people might not buy him anyway as they remember what he used to cost). In Rendon's case, keeping up his torrid start would keep him at Perfect level, but players in his situation would be ripe for the drop down to Diamond once his stat line normalizes.

If I wanted a Rendon, I would never buy him at this time, and if I did have him I might put him on the AH to test the waters, but would sell him in a quick sell the moment the stats start to drop (if not sooner).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #69
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I am definitely quick-selling any live perfect sunday night unless I am 100% convinced they arent dropping. probably the same deal with 90-91 diamonds
Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #70
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

The AH is ridiculous now. Rendon going for 70,000. Gold 84 Betts for 60,000. It's almost like the first week before people figured out which real card values.

On the other hand, could be some serious pp funnelling going on. Is the AH still being monitored?
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #71
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

yep, my free team finally saved enough PP to get a perfect Trout and now his price has soared...maybe someday
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #72
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
yep, my free team finally saved enough PP to get a perfect Trout and now his price has soared...maybe someday

I'd sell you mine if there was a way to do so that's within the TOS.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #73
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #74
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Auction house prices have gotten so bad I think it's better EV to open packs now.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 AM   #75
joehart
All Star Starter

Opening packs works really well now with the prize for gold cards high enough to make it a daily event.
Open packs, sell cards, repeat.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #76
daves
Hall Of Famer

I have over 35,000 PP but can't find another decent RHP to fit in my rotation from the AH since prices are outrageous. I wonder if I should buy 35 packs to find this addition?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #77
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I have over 35,000 PP but can't find another decent RHP to fit in my rotation from the AH since prices are outrageous. I wonder if I should buy 35 packs to find this addition?

Such a gamble. As much as top pitchers are commanding a high value right now, I still think slightly overpaying for a top starter is better than 35k invested into a metric buttload of irons and bronzes and a few golds and diamonds that won't crack your roster. Although someone drew a Perfect Pedro last week so what do I know?
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #78
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I really think you just have to be willing to shop to make the AH work anymore. For example, right now there is a 96 Snider (last 5 is 18,500PP and all time is 22,000PP) and the guy's trying to get 50k. That should never happen for a weak 96 card.

At the same time there's a 95 Johnny Rigney (last 5 is 38,000PP and all time is 42,001PP). The guy selling has a starting bid at 35,000PP and a buy now at 45,000PP. That to me is reasonable and no doubt he'll sell.

There's also a reasonable priced Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson and Chris Sale and Cy Blanton and Pedro Martinez (sorry not the 100). Heck for a second tier guy there's a Tim Lincecum for less than past 5.

BUT... I will say if you and others keep buying packs it tends to boost the action in the AH too!
Old 05-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #79
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I just bought 22 packs a few minutes ago - Let's see what I get! I'll post any Diamonds and Perfects which I'd likely auction off.....

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #80
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

*grabs popcorn*

Good luck McDog!