Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Discussion about logo/original art sourcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
I was wondering if I could just get the "A" with the halo from the Angels logo below. Would like 150 x 150 if possible. I know I got this logo from a thread somewhere here, but can't find it now. Thank You.
That logo came from Creamer's site and I'd be sure the creator will allow its use before using it.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
That logo came from Creamer's site and I'd be sure the creator will allow its use before using it.
Couldn't find it at creamer's site. At least not in the angels section.

Looks like it has been used already though. Looks great in the game.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Couldn't find it at creamer's site. At least not in the angels section.

Looks like it has been used already though. Looks great in the game.
Its there in a PCL thread where a guy redid a few clubs of the PCL. I asked, and was given permission to use all of it. Its just good manners, IMO.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Its there in a PCL thread where a guy redid a few clubs of the PCL. I asked, and was given permission to use all of it. Its just good manners, IMO.
Dude...he couldn't find it....so uhh....you're full of crap!! Thanks to silvam for taking the extra effort to dispute cooley's claim.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthserum View Post
Dude...he couldn't find it....so uhh....you're full of crap!! Thanks to silvam for taking the extra effort to dispute cooley's claim.
lol

I'd link it, but I fear it'd open it up for move possibly unwanted recycling. I have it all on my cpu, but like I said, I was given permission.

FTR, the unis/caps look great in game.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 07-04-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. I didn't even know about the PCL angels so I didn't look there. It appears that a lot of the content from creamers site that gets linked here isnt on the main site. (maybe in the CC forums?)

My comment to Cooley was genuine, but I get the sense that you feel the need to police the whereabouts of logos used in requests here on these boards. If that makes you happy, fine, but please do without the snide, sarcastic comments.

Have a happy fourth!

Last edited by silvam14; 07-04-2012 at 08:52 AM.
silvam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. I didn't even know about the PCL angels so I didn't look there. It appears that a lot of the content from creamers site that gets linked here isnt on the main site. (maybe in the CC forums?)

My comment to Cooley was genuine, but I get the sense that you feel the need to police the whereabouts of logos used in requests here on these boards. If that makes you happy, fine, but please do without the snide, sarcastic comments.

Have a happy fourth!
Silvam, content 'on the main site' is content used by organized sports teams. The content on the forums, is user made (most by professional designers) and basically is done for their own professional 'practice'. As such, they are not very open to having it basically copied and pasted by others. I don't blame them -- if I spent hours on something only to have someone from a place such as this steal it, drop it into logos, etc. here and basically pass it off as their own, I'd be pissed too.

That's why I ask before I use anything from that site. Its not mine to basically pick up and put in my pocket anytime I like.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Silvam, content 'on the main site' is content used by organized sports teams. The content on the forums, is user made (most by professional designers) and basically is done for their own professional 'practice'. As such, they are not very open to having it basically copied and pasted by others. I don't blame them -- if I spent hours on something only to have someone from a place such as this steal it, drop it into logos, etc. here and basically pass it off as their own, I'd be pissed too.

That's why I ask before I use anything from that site. Its not mine to basically pick up and put in my pocket anytime I like.
Understood, I have only visited cc's site when I needed an MLB or NHL logo here or there. I thought that is what all the hoopla was about which I could not understand.

I was having trouble differentiating between the logos on the main site with any other logo website like logoshak for instance. Thanks for the clarification without the extra BS
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
but I get the sense that you feel the need to police the whereabouts of logos used in requests here on these boards.
Your sense is absolutely spot on about me.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Lancaster
Major Leagues

And reading the other posts in this thread: If I stepped on anyones toes here, it was not intentional. I apologize if I offended anyone. And thanks to all for the input.
Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
And reading the other posts in this thread: If I stepped on anyones toes here, it was not intentional. I apologize if I offended anyone. And thanks to all for the input.
You didn't step on anyone's toes around here. There has been an ongoing discussion about Chris Creamer's forum since we (well, since I) was 'called out' for collecting logos from there without first asking permission - which, imo, is what everyone does when they search the web for logos to use in making logos for OOTP. Whether one thinks its okay to grab them without permission or one believes permission must be given before grabbing them, we have learned that CC's forum community is sensitive about their logos.

Anyway, it looks like you got what you were looking for.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 07-05-2012 at 01:04 PM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
joshuar9476
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
You didn't step on anyone's toes around here. There has been an ongoing discussion about Chris Creamer's forum since we (well, since I) was 'called out' for collecting logos from there without first asking permission - which, imo, is what everyone does when they search the web for logos to use in making logos for OOTP. Whether one thinks its okay to grab them without permission or one believes permission much be given before grabbing them, we have learned that CC's forum community is sensitive about their logos.

Anyway, it looks like you got what you were looking for.
i tried to stay away from there as much as i could when i did my set. however, there are logos there that you can find nowhere else. I've often wondered, if he's so sensitive about permission and such, why doesn't he just watermark the images?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuar9476 View Post
i tried to stay away from there as much as i could when i did my set. however, there are logos there that you can find nowhere else. I've often wondered, if he's so sensitive about permission and such, why doesn't he just watermark the images?
It's not just one guy (he just runs the site), its a bunch. And some do watermark, but most do not. Depending on the image (and the watermark), watermarks are not too difficult to remove - which some might not find all that cool to do. Again, imo, as long as a logomaker is not taking credit for making the image, I don't see an issue with this.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've often wondered, if he's so sensitive about permission and such, why doesn't he just watermark the images?
Same here. If it is the images posted to the CC forums that get people in a tizzy (concepts and so forth) then why not just lock the that forum to members only and then if logos are being "unlawfully" used, that member can be banned.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
i tried to stay away from there as much as i could when i did my set. however, there are logos there that you can find nowhere else.
You seem to be a little confused as to what we are talking about. Cooley explained it pretty well in an earlier post. What you made are simply taking regular mlb and milb logos and adding a drop shadow. These you can save and use from sportslogos. What we are talking about, from that site, are concepts that forum members made on the forums that showed up in this thread. If you do get it, then duh....there is a reason you can't find them nowhere else.

...and silvam....nice quote "unlawfully". Jeezus....yesterday you didn't even know what cooley was talking about but still felt compelled to put your 2 cents in. Well.....you 'couldn't find it on creamer's site'. Thanks for clarifying that for us!! Now here you are again...putting your 2 cents in about how they need to take better action if they do not want their stuff lifted. What is so hard to understand? Some guys on the forums didn't care for their logos being used for ootp stuff. It's called discretion....move on....their is plenty of other stuff on the net to make up a logo. And one other thing....I'm not 'policing the whereabouts of logos used in requests here on these boards' as you so sarcastically remarked. I'm trying to save someone the trouble of getting 'called out' like cephas did a few years ago.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i tried to stay away from there as much as i could when i did my set. however, there are logos there that you can find nowhere else.
That's because they're made by those on that forum. That's also the reason they don't want them lifted.

Quote:
I've often wondered, if he's so sensitive about permission and such, why doesn't he just watermark the images?
Do you know how long it takes someone talented enough to lift a watermark?

Its a matter of respect, IMO. If I spend 10 hours creating a graphic with the quality that MANY have on that forum, I'd be mad too if someone just came along, plopped my work into some logo template, then posted it on the net and didn't ask permission OR give credit!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

...and silvam....nice quote "unlawfully". Jeezus....yesterday you didn't even know what cooley was talking about but still felt compelled to put your 2 cents in. Well.....you 'couldn't find it on creamer's site'. Thanks for clarifying that for us!! Now here you are again...putting your 2 cents in about how they need to take better action if they do not want their stuff lifted. What is so hard to understand? Some guys on the forums didn't care for their logos being used for ootp stuff. It's called discretion....move on....their is plenty of other stuff on the net to make up a logo. And one other thing....I'm not 'policing the whereabouts of logos used in requests here on these boards' as you so sarcastically remarked. I'm trying to save someone the trouble of getting 'called out' like cephas did a few years ago.
Ok
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Its a matter of respect, IMO. If I spend 10 hours creating a graphic with the quality that MANY have on that forum, I'd be mad too if someone just came along, plopped my work into some logo template, then posted it on the net and didn't ask permission OR give credit!
Yes, I've had a chance to look over there and they do some amazing work. I've dabbled in adobe illustrator trying to recreate some older logos of poor quality using the pen tool, and it can be a huge pain and time consuming and still my work looks nowhere near as polished as theirs.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's because they're made by those on that forum. That's also the reason they don't want them lifted.

Do you know how long it takes someone talented enough to lift a watermark?

When has anyone in the 1000s (or 10,000s or 100,000s?) of logos created on these boards given credit? I've been here for eight years and I have never once seen someone (including you ) say, "Here's a XXXX logo. It was created by XXXX." We just simply do it with the understanding that we didn't create the original logo (except for the few times when an OOTP forumite actually did create the logo - but then they say they do) and that we are not claiming credit for it, simply just using it to make an OOTP logo.

We don't ask permission from the guy(s) that made the Arizona Diamondbacks logo or we don't talk to the Arizona Diamondbacks to see if we can use their logo, but we use it all of the time. We use them because they are available to take from the internet. And we don't say, "Here's the Arizona Diamondbacks logo. It was created by XXXX." We just simply do it with the understanding that we didn't create the original logo and that we are not claiming credit for it. How is that any different than us grabbing a logo from CC's forum or anywhere else where the logo is publically available?

So we need to either 100% stop using all (including MLB) logos without permission or we need to realize that, as long as we aren't taking credit for the creation of logos, we don't need permission to just use them for this game - no matter where they come from.

Sorry, Lancaster, for taking over this thread.

Last edited by cephasjames; 07-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
When has anyone in the 1000s (or 10,000s or 100,000s?) of logos created on these boards given credit? I've been here for eight years and I have never once seen someone (including you ) say, "Here's a XXXX logo. It was created by XXXX." We just simply do it with the understanding that we didn't create the original logo (except for the few times when an OOTP forumite actually did create the logo - but then they say they do) and that we are not claiming credit for it, simply just using it to make an OOTP logo.

We don't ask permission from the guy(s) that made the Arizona Diamondbacks logo or we don't talk to the Arizona Diamondbacks to see if we can use their logo, but we use it all of the time. We use them because they are available to take from the internet. And we don't say, "Here's the Arizona Diamondbacks logo. It was created by XXXX." We just simply do it with the understanding that we didn't create the original logo and that we are not claiming credit for it. How is that any different than us grabbing a logo from CC's forum or anywhere else where the logo is publically available?

So we need to either 100% stop using all (including MLB) logos without permission or we need to realize that, as long as we aren't taking credit for the creation of logos, we don't need permission to just use them for this game - no matter where they come from.

Sorry, Lancaster, for taking over this thread.
You're right, we all could be sued for using MLB logos. The point here is about graphics made by those on the cc boards.

Show me where I have created logos from CC work and posted them here for the masses. Show me. You, on the other hand, have an entire photobucket full of stuff from creamer's site. That's why you got called out sometime back.

Anytime I've used them, I've asked permission first. That, I can assure you of. Can you say the same? Do you have permission for any of the thousands of things that you have on your PB? Other times, I've asked for things to be created for me over there. That's a different issue as well.

When given permission, I don't post them here (or anywhere else) for OTHERS to use as well. That's the difference. I have an entire PCL league using things in the very thread this thread's image came from. I have permission to use it all. Wanna see the PM exchange? Do you see what I've create here for human consumption? No, you don't. Why? Because that's not what I asked him for permission to do. I'll assure you that he will be credited for artwork once the images hit the net. Why? Because I told him I would.

Anything that I've used on the net was requested for that specific use and the creator knew that. I've never been requested to credit someone in that situation, but I can assure you, if I am, I would.

What we're really talking about in this thread (and you are talking about something totally different), is going to Creamer's, saving someone's work, and bringing it here either after its been edited for use in OOTP or asking someone here to make it usable in OOTP, then making it available to the masses. That's the real issue of this thread.

I'm not attempting to fight with you, but you called me out on actions that I simply do not do, when you do them on a massive platform. Point is, I've never said a word about your logos linked in your sig, so don't throw stones at me. You live in a glass house.