Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Puckett guy
Major Leagues

The Patch Feedback Thread

Since we do not have a complete list of improvement and fixes, I thought it might be good to post what we have discovered with the new patch.

First off, the ambient sound during on field play is much much better. At least in the first game played out I heard no problems with any sudden increase in sound volume. The sound effects are significantly more realistic.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I miss Kirby Puckett .
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Post removed..

Last edited by bosunmate; 10-18-2009 at 01:46 AM.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
I will have to see complete list to see what has been fixed. Disapointed that when your clicking back and forth it still goes back to top of the page.
Not sure what you mean. The page history function works as intended.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #5
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Not sure what you mean. The page history function works as intended.
I think what he means is that the when navigating back to a previous page, instead of it bringing you back to the spot on the page that you were at before you left it, it brings you back to the top. For instance, when you hit the back button on an internet browser (at least for Firefox), it automatically scrolls down to the spot you were at instead of putting you back at the top.

I personally do not see his complaint as anything of note, but maybe that's just me.

Great job on the patch Markus! Send my best to the rest of the team.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:36 AM   #6
Airassault101O3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well... I had not noticed any glaring problem with the game even before the patch, and the things that were fixed have improved upon what was already the best I have seen.
Airassault101O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I think what he means is that the when navigating back to a previous page, instead of it bringing you back to the spot on the page that you were at before you left it, it brings you back to the top.
Ah, I see. I am aware of that, however where it was technically possible the position of scrollbars is stored. But this is an area where we can improve the interface in OOTP 11
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
I miss Kirby Puckett .
"

As a fan of a rival AL team.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #9
Assos
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ah, I see. I am aware of that, however where it was technically possible the position of scrollbars is stored. But this is an area where we can improve the interface in OOTP 11
Good to see that our voice, as always, is being heard!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thank you Markus for the quick answer, but this is a problem we DIDN'T have last year. I don't want to argue but you always say the same thing when you don't fix something, maybe next year. I wish you continued success with your game. Have a great day....
P.S I understand this is a small problem to some people, but being disabled it is a big problem for me.

Last edited by bosunmate; 10-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #11
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

To each their own I guess.

The fact that there are several screens in game that are HTML and they have to be generated every time you visit them irritates me. The 3-5 seconds annoys the hell out of me, but it's not enough to make me not play the game or not buy the next version.

Coaches and scouts have never been implemented very well, IMO. I just turn them off and enjoy the rest of the game.

There's nothing out there like OOTP that will let me do the things that I like to do with it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
To each their own I guess.

The fact that there are several screens in game that are HTML and they have to be generated every time you visit them irritates me. The 3-5 seconds annoys the hell out of me, but it's not enough to make me not play the game or not buy the next version.

Coaches and scouts have never been implemented very well, IMO. I just turn them off and enjoy the rest of the game.

There's nothing out there like OOTP that will let me do the things that I like to do with it.
That's right Spleen to each their own, this is a patch feedback thread. We don't need any feedback from Markus's fan club thanks anyways...

Last edited by bosunmate; 10-16-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's right Spleen to each their own, this is a patch feedback thread. We don't need any feedback from Markus's fan club thanks anyways...
I'm sorry to be right. I hope you find what you're looking for some where else. Good luck, man.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm sorry to be right. I hope you find what you're looking for some where else. Good luck, man.
Removed post

Last edited by bosunmate; 10-18-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If being ignorant is right, then you my man fit the bill.
Come on, there's no need for the tension on here. We all get your point.

You bring up a solid point on the page issue though. I am not a longtime user of OOTP, so I don't know if this has been implemented before, as you said it has in a previous post. However, it would certainly be a welcome addition for me, and even more so for you, as you mentioned that you are disabled.

Keep pushing for the small changes, as I think that these are the most important parts of the game. While the back of the box features are necessary to draw people in, the smaller additions are what hook customers in.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Only a minor grievance so far, which is good. And I am not arguing with anybody over my use of the word "minor." To paraphrase, "To me, my own."

BTW, I always saw that "back to top of page" in some reports as the need to refresh the page. Otherwise, I have not noticed it much.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #17
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sorry to be right.
You're not. That came across a lot like me in a bad mood, but even I know that different people want different things out of OOTP (we are half simmers and half game players, half new feature junkies and half the "fix the features we already have so they actually work" crowd, and so on and so forth). OOTP users are anything but monolithic, and the things two different people want or expect out of the game can be completely different, so there isn't any "right" or "wrong" about it.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
You're not. That came across a lot like me in a bad mood, but even I know that different people want different things out of OOTP (we are half simmers and half game players, half new feature junkies and half the "fix the features we already have so they actually work" crowd, and so on and so forth). OOTP users are anything but monolithic, and the things two different people want or expect out of the game can be completely different, so there isn't any "right" or "wrong" about it.
^^Beep Beep! <Common sense alert!> Beep Beep!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #19
Puckett guy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckett guy View Post
Since we do not have a complete list of improvement and fixes, I thought it might be good to post what we have discovered with the new patch.

First off, the ambient sound during on field play is much much better. At least in the first game played out I heard no problems with any sudden increase in sound volume. The sound effects are significantly more realistic.
I would really appreciate it if subsequent posts returned to he original intent of the thread. I would like to know what everyone has discovered and thinks about the patch. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Gotta love this place. Nothing like a 22-inning wait for a patch, and once the final run comes across the plate, the clubhouse chemistry results in shoving matches. Always an interesting camera angle on our team, eh?

Good points, all, really. The point of the thread IS feedback. And in Spleen's defense- a position I rarely find myself in -he did offer feedback, both about the patch and rather backhandedly about bos's feedback. MD's assessment is pretty much on the money: the factions in OOTP will probably always exist; not unlike the breakdown he described. I think 'to each his own' aptly sets the stage, as well. Now back to opinions, good or bad, about the patch; not each other.