Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

How can I remove all Facegens

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of Facegens.

If I can't have a real life pic of a player then I would rather have no pic at all.

I have tried to remove Facegens in version 20 but nothing really works completely.

I got some help on this several months ago for version 20 but the problem keeps popping up.

For example: I setup another historical World Series replay with my 59 White Sox/Dodgers. After getting the rosters correct when I go to play the first game of the WSeries 90% of the player pics are Facegens.

It is so wierd because when I go to the page after say game one is completed and you get the page showing the results of game one and the suggested pitchers for the following games of the series...you have the roster players for both teams listed one on the left and the other on the right with the games to be played in the middle.

When I just run my cursor over the roster names the pics show Nellie Fox and the other players with their Real Life pics. Great. But when I go to play the games there are only 5-10% of real life pics showing. The facegens fill the rest of the on field pics.

Is there anything I can do when I setup the 21 version on the 17th so that I won't have any Facegens show up in my games??? I sure hope there is. : ) If you have any ideas I would appreciate your help and time.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-02-2020 at 05:11 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

What happens if you delete all the files in your fg_files folder? Or rename the folder so the game will not use it?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of Facegens.

If I can't have a real life pic of a player then I would rather have no pic at all.

I have tried to remove Facegens in version 20 but nothing really works completely.

I got some help on this several months ago for version 20 but the problem keeps popping up.

For example: I setup another historical World Series replay with my 59 White Sox/Dodgers. After getting the rosters correct when I go to play the first game of the WSeries 90% of the player pics are Facegens.

It is so wierd because when I go to the page after say game one is completed and you get the page showing the results of game one and the suggested pitchers for the following games of the series...you have the roster players for both teams listed one on the left and the other on the right with the games to be played in the middle.

When I just run my cursor over the roster names the pics show Nellie Fox and the other players with their Real Life pics. Great. But when I go to play the games there are only 5-10% of real life pics showing. The facegens fill the rest of the on field pics.

Is there anything I can do when I setup the 21 version on the 17th so that I won't have any Facegens show up in my games??? I sure hope there is. : ) If you have any ideas I would appreciate your help and time.
I used to be like that. Then I found some really awesome Facegen packs that are real beauties. QCBandits is the gold standard. Huge file, but so many historical and current facegens that are accurate, because they are based off of real pictures. And he is constantly updating and correcting photos, and takes requests.

The main advantage, of course, is that when a player changes teams, the uniforms update with the Facegen. Obviously, that can't happen with a picture.

I used to religiously get the photos from MLB.com, starting in spring training and updating with call-ups and trades. But it became too much work. With QC, I became a Facegen convert and I love it.

I guess what I'm saying is, try it out and see if it improves your experience. Generic facegens: But QC's:

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Paul...

Thank you very much. I think that worked. Still show Facegen in the 59 World Series replay but I'm assuming that is because it already was started. I'll be trying to start a new one. I removed the photos and added an x to the flg folder.

Much appreciated !!

BigRed75...

Thanks for the thought but I simply don't like Facegens over against Real life pics no matter how sharp the Facegens look. : )

Johnny Bench looks good in real life !! : ) Have a great day...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Well, I'm about to give up. : )

I uploaded a league game today and the Facegens are all back. Plus they also now dominate the Historical games.

So I went and looked at the folders in OOTP development 20 and guess what...there is the folder of flg that I renamed and removed pics from but also there is a whole new folder with all the origianl Facegen flg/fg (whatever it is) and it's all back. ????

Wow, this game even duplicates it's parts. : )

Maybe...maybe version 21 won't have this problem. Sorry to be a bother.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I'm about to give up. : )

I uploaded a league game today and the Facegens are all back. Plus they also now dominate the Historical games.

So I went and looked at the folders in OOTP development 20 and guess what...there is the folder of flg that I renamed and removed pics from but also there is a whole new folder with all the origianl Facegen flg/fg (whatever it is) and it's all back. ????

Wow, this game even duplicates it's parts. : )

Maybe...maybe version 21 won't have this problem. Sorry to be a bother.

Since nothing is working, I have a suggestion(but it may very well be uselss, as I don't know if it makes photos unavailable as well. What if you go to the settings menu and completely disable facegens altogether. I've done this with 20 and instead of a facegen, you get a black silhouette with the teams logo. Problem is, I don't know if doing this also eliminates the option of pictures as well. I'm not talking about league settings, but the overall OOTP settings. There is a menu there called 3D and Facegens. One of he options is to disable facegens. Another option, would be to see if you can get by without photos too. I know the disable facegens works like a charm with the black silhouettes.

Last edited by David Watts; 03-04-2020 at 12:53 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, Jack. I didn't know the folder would be restored. How about changing the settings for Facegens?

Settings --> 3D & Facegens --> last option: "search for photo first"

Game Settings --> Facegen Settings --> uncheck "Load Facegen files automatically"
Attached Images
Image Image 
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I'll sure give it a try Paul. I love the game play etc...just would like to see real life player pics in regular seasons and Historical. : ) But the announcing and stats etc are excellent !!

Mr. Watts...

Sorry but I disabled Facegens in the settings long ago. All it did was cut down on the % of Facegens that later showed up. And I never got the dark silhouettes. Had to copy that word from you...haven't typed silhouettes in decades : )

Have a great week fellas...

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-04-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll sure give it a try Paul. I love the game play etc...just would like to see real life player pics in regular seasons and Historical. : ) But the announcing and stats etc are excellent !!

Mr. Watts...

Sorry but I disabled Facegens in the settings long ago. All it did was cut down on the % of Facegens that later showed up. And I never got the dark silhouettes. Had to copy that word from you...haven't typed silhouettes in decades : )

Have a great week fellas...

Just to be sure, I'm not talking about unchecking the box for Load photofit (Facegen) files automatically. I'm talking about choosing disable Facegens altogether. This option is shown on Pstrickert's top screenshot. It says Facegens……..Enabled(more options on game setup page). Click on that and select disable. Two things, you have to restart the game. Second, if the league you're playing, or in your case the series already feature facegens, they will continue to appear. Any new league you create will show the silhouettes. I just don't know if this makes photo's a no go as well.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Just to be sure, I'm not talking about unchecking the box for Load photofit (Facegen) files automatically. I'm talking about choosing disable Facegens altogether. This option is shown on Pstrickert's top screenshot. It says Facegens……..Enabled(more options on game setup page). Click on that and select disable. Two things, you have to restart the game. Second, if the league you're playing, or in your case the series already feature facegens, they will continue to appear. Any new league you create will show the silhouettes. I just don't know if this makes photo's a no go as well.
Eliminating them from existing leagues, in addition to what David's laid out, can be accomplished I think. First, I believe the face.dat will need, at least, renamed. Then are two directories, Player Profile and Player Pictures, and I don't have the exact names in front of me, but deleting all of the files in those two directories OR more easily just renaming them, should cause the face.dat to look for new pictures, but it won't find them because it's disabled. I'll look and post if you haven't located those diretories by the time I'm home at the laptop later tonight.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #11
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
When it first came out I thought there was an option to disable facegen? Am I not remembering that correctly or was that removed at some point?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:34 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Have you tried disabling FaceGen altogether?
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #13
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Eliminating them from existing leagues, in addition to what David's laid out, can be accomplished I think. First, I believe the face.dat will need, at least, renamed. Then are two directories, Player Profile and Player Pictures, and I don't have the exact names in front of me, but deleting all of the files in those two directories OR more easily just renaming them, should cause the face.dat to look for new pictures, but it won't find them because it's disabled. I'll look and post if you haven't located those diretories by the time I'm home at the laptop later tonight.
/news/html/images/person_pictures

/news/html/images/profile_pictures

These were the directories I was referencing.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #14
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Mercy...thanks alot fellas for the insight.

Paul...David...Endgame...Rudel...Bluenoser...

I'll work on all your suggestions tomorrow when I can. Appreciate your time and help!

Thank you...very much...

Old 03-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #15
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

YEAH !!!!!!

It worked !! Thanks fellas for all your insight and help.

I did the Settings changes...did the setting change to No FaceGens or whatever that word was in the Global/etc settings. Went and deleted pics and changed names of the FaceGen & fg folders.

Now that didn't work except any games not played in Historical mode only had Real Life pics !!! Plus again the game just recreated the FaceGen/fg folders with all the stuff I had previously deleted.

But then I got to thinking...what if I go in and delete ALL my previous saved games especially in the Historical mode???? I deleted all of them except for leaving my 2019 season that I was just once in awhile playing. I didn't re-read all the posts here so someone may have already mentioned doing this.

THAT DID IT !! I just went in and setup my new first 7 game World Series replay with my 59 White Sox against those 59 Dodgers. : ) I was 15 years old when I watched that on TV and it is the most often replayed WSeries I have ever played.

WELL...there were NO Facegens in the Historical new 59 replay !!!!! None!!! All real life pics !!!!

Thank you fellas for all your time and help !!!! Now I just hope I can do this right when the new OOTP21 arrives in 10 Days !!!

OOTP....WOW !!!! Sure makes this old 75 year old happy ! 60 years of baseball play from dice to PC. : )

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-07-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #16
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Paul...

Thank you very much. I think that worked. Still show Facegen in the 59 World Series replay but I'm assuming that is because it already was started. I'll be trying to start a new one. I removed the photos and added an x to the flg folder.

Much appreciated !!

BigRed75...

Thanks for the thought but I simply don't like Facegens over against Real life pics no matter how sharp the Facegens look. : )

Johnny Bench looks good in real life !! : ) Have a great day...

I'm sure the big X's look better than facegens, but if you playing solo leagues & not PT21 you can actually use a players real pictures
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote