Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
satchel
Hall Of Famer

BZ 3417: If batting & pitching "Actual Ratings" off, other ratings vanish from reports

When setting up one's game, if one chooses to hide Actual Ratings, and just show potentials, all of the Fielding Ratings, Position Ratings, and Run/Bunt Ratings vanish from the BNN player report pages.

In the "Game Setup" one has the option, under "Ratings Scales," whether to show "Player Actual Ratings Scale" in various ways, or to choose "None displayed." If one chooses "None displayed," then no Fielding, Position, or Run/Bunt Ratings will appear on BNN player report pages, either in-game, or on pages generated and exported. The various ratings do show up on the player's in-game Profile screen.

Under the player's Batting Ratings section on his BNN report page, his Potential ratings do show up, and the Actual ratings are blank; this is the intended behavior. But no other Ratings appear anywhere.

This happens no matter what the "Player Potential Ratings Scale" and "Other Player Ratings Scale" are set to. I did make sure that I didn't have "Other Player Ratings Scale" set to "None displayed."

I tried this on several leagues, both imported from v9, and newly-created in v10.

This is a big problem for my online league, because we hide Actual Ratings, and reveal Potential Ratings only.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

To verify: version 10.2.16?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
To verify: version 10.2.16?
Yes, version 10.2.16

This problem is easy to duplicate, just go to Game Setup > Game Options >Rating Scales and on "Player Actual Ratings Scale" choose "None displayed" and all the extra ratings will disappear from the BNN player report pages.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I have logged this as BZ 3417. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something about it.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Thanks very much! We consider this very important.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
Thanks very much! We consider this very important.
Agreed.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #7
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Also, when the league is set to show potential ratings only: in the general league reports, under the "League Free Agents Report," on the "Fielding Position Ratings" report page, the position ratings do not show up. (Example.) On the free agent "Fielding Ratings" report page, the fielding ratings do show up.

For leagues which show actual ratings, on the free agent "Fielding Position Ratings" report page, the position ratings do show.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Having just converted an OOTP9 league that I commish to OOTPX, I've just run into this issue as well. Being a potential-only league, the online reports are now largely useless for us. Has there been any confirmation that this bug will be fixed in a future patch? I would love to be able to give my league members a concrete answer (especially those who have not yet been able to purchase the new game who would like to go on running their teams via the reports).

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Patch v10.4.29 corrects BZ3417.

(I wasn't taking anyone's name in vain! All I said was that this patch is good enough for Jehovah!)