Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
johnwlits
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did I do something wrong?

So, you get a gold pack with the starter packs. You get a second gold pack for logging in with PT20 accounts. You get a third pack last week as a pre-order bonus.

Why did none of my 3 teams get the pre-order gold packs?
johnwlits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwlits View Post
So, you get a gold pack with the starter packs. You get a second gold pack for logging in with PT20 accounts. You get a third pack last week as a pre-order bonus.

Personally got 2 gold packs, not 3. The first gold pack you're mentioning is actually #3 IMHO. If you don't pre-order you get 6 starter packs, that's it.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwlits View Post

You don't actually get a gold pack with the starter packs. There are 6 starter packs, containing 20 Iron, 12 Bronze, 3 Silver, and 1 Gold card, so it's as if one of them were a gold pack, but it isn't marked as such. So, the two gold packs you got were the two (and only two) reward packs, one loyalty bonus for carrying over from OOTP 20, and one pre-order bonus.

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

That's now what, the 10th thread about this?

This is by the way also flatout wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipimi View Post
If you don't pre-order you get 6 starter packs, that's it.
Didn't pre-order (Steam user), and I got two gold packs in addition to the starter packs. The gold packs were never linked to pre-ordering, which is one of the false stories that got spread through the forums.

And the OP's misconception about a third gold pack stems from - way before release - some bimbo conflating three gold CARDS with three gold PACKS and posting it in one of the general euphoria threads, and it got picked up from there. Don't know who it was, which thread it was... I just wished people would get their **** right before posting it with three exclamation marks.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

This is by the way also flatout wrong:

Didn't pre-order (Steam user), and I got two gold packs in addition to the starter packs. The gold packs were never linked to pre-ordering, which is one of the false stories that got spread through the forums.

And the OP's misconception about a third gold pack stems from - way before release - some bimbo conflating three gold CARDS with three gold PACKS and posting it in one of the general euphoria threads, and it got picked up from there. Don't know who it was, which thread it was... I just wished people would get their **** right before posting it with three exclamation marks.
Sorry, should have said pre-order or buy the game in the first 7 days after release. I believe this is the promotion from OOTP.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
johnwlits
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
You don't actually get a gold pack with the starter packs. There are 6 starter packs, containing 20 Iron, 12 Bronze, 3 Silver, and 1 Gold card, so it's as if one of them were a gold pack, but it isn't marked as such. So, the two gold packs you got were the two (and only two) reward packs, one loyalty bonus for carrying over from OOTP 20, and one pre-order bonus.
It slipped my mind that a gold card was included in the starter packs without one being labelled as a gold pack.
johnwlits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
ignats75
Minors (Triple A)

You're considered a preorder by the publisher if you purchase the game in the first week of release. So, actually Westhiem, YOU are wrong. Flatout.

ignats75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #8
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignats75 View Post
You're considered a preorder by the publisher if you purchase the game in the first week of release. So, actually Westhiem, YOU are wrong. Flatout.

By no definition is that a preorder. That is a postorder 100% of the time. They said if you preorder or buy the game within a week of release you get the bonus. They never said if you buy the game a few days after release we'll pretend it's a preorder.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote