Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
nickg33
Bat Boy

Export basic stuff to website

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to export the basic information from a simulated league (standings, scores, etc.) to HTML or a website on a daily basis?

I'm running a simulation of the 2020 season for my kids during the coronavirus chaos and would love to be able to send them a website for them to explore what's happening on their own instead of having to print everything out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
nickg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
Christopher212
Bat Boy

any success?
Christopher212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
w1ck23
Bat Boy

Was having this same idea. Anyone else found a way to do this?
w1ck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #4
Ambassadoure
Banned

Yes, moreover, you can connect the exported files to anything, honestly.

Last edited by Ambassadoure; 06-10-2022 at 08:55 PM.
Ambassadoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:35 PM   #5
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg33 View Post
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to export the basic information from a simulated league (standings, scores, etc.) to HTML or a website on a daily basis?

I'm running a simulation of the 2020 season for my kids during the coronavirus chaos and would love to be able to send them a website for them to explore what's happening on their own instead of having to print everything out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
TBH the ideal way to do this, the way that a site like MLB.com or BBRef does, is to have a database server tied to your site, use the built in tools to export data to SQL, and then once you’ve run that script you’d write APIs to deliver the data to the site. The site itself becomes essentially a framework for the various ways you’d display stats,

There are existing tools/utilities that do this for you, at least once you’ve set up the DB somewhere. I want to say one of them is just called OOTP Utilities?
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:02 AM   #6
Metrimer
Bat Boy

You'll need to see whether OOTP 21 has an export feature or if any plugins are available in order to export the fundamental data from your simulated league to HTML or a website.
If not, you may have to write a custom script to format the data into HTML and extract it. You might use a Python programming language with packages like BeautifulSoup or Pandas for this.
You may want to look at third party api integration services in usa for a more smooth integration. They can automate the process and make sure your website is always up to date with the most recent league information.

Last edited by Metrimer; 04-08-2024 at 03:51 AM.
Metrimer is offline   Reply With Quote