Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:24 AM   #41
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nothing- whenever I click that no files are present
detroitrocksindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:26 AM   #42
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Then that folder is not where you have the OOTP20 saved_games folder.

Screen shot the Troubleshooting --> Open the saved games folder for both OOTP20 & 21
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:28 AM   #43
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.27.33 AM.png
Views: 135
Size:  297.1 KB

Left is 21 Right is 20
Old 03-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #44
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

OK well you are on a MAC correct? I don't know MAC. On the Windows machine this is what I see...
Attached Images
Old 03-29-2020, 12:32 AM   #45
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've played on windows before and didn't have problems there either. Do you know if there is a way to save the 20 game I want to a certain place? Maybe I haven't even saved it? The game on OOTP20 is saved and im able to load it up whenever. But is there some way to redirect where it saves to (in this case redirect it to OOTP20 saved_games)
Old 03-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #46
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

What I believe is that when you are in the import game screen and go to the folder where you see 20 and 21 that that 20 folder is not where you have the saved_games folder for your v20 install.

Alternatively IOS is doing something strange that I do not know.

the OOTP20 saved games folder is on your computer I can see it in the screenshots I just can't tell where it is. Where ever it is you need to navigate to that location in the v21 Import dialog.

You'll likely need help from someone who knows MAC/IOS
Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 AM   #47
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hold on to your hat- I might've just figured out the problem. Let me see if this works really quick
Old 03-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #48
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitrocksindy View Post
I've played on windows before and didn't have problems there either. Do you know if there is a way to save the 20 game I want to a certain place? Maybe I haven't even saved it? The game on OOTP20 is saved and im able to load it up whenever. But is there some way to redirect where it saves to (in this case redirect it to OOTP20 saved_games)
I'd be real hesitant to try to move a live league you risk messing something up that is currently working.

What you need to be able to do is see the full path to where both saved_games folders are then you could navigate from one to the other.

I might be able to figure it out if I were on your computer but since that isn't the case you need to talk with someone that knows how to tell you to display the full path to the files.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:41 AM   #49
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitrocksindy View Post
It is saved. When you create the league it is created in the saved_games folder.

And to move it you need to know where it is....you can't copy something you can't find and you can't copy to a folder you can't find.

You need someone that knows you OS

Last edited by byzeil; 03-29-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #50
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry for the delay. I was able to copy the saved game onto the ootp 21 saved games files. There I was able to import it
Old 03-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #51
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

So you can now open the league in 21?

OK well at least you got it imported though definitely not the way it should be done.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:51 AM   #52
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It did get imported and yes I agree, definitely not ideal. I'm just so glad to be done with this mess. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help- it's why I love the OOTP community! Thank you!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #53
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Glad you got it working! I know nothing about Mac OS either.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #54
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

I had the same problem. On a Mac. Never had a problem going from 18 to 19 and from 19 to 20.

Could not navigate out of the 21 folder to find the 20 save. Had to back up the game in 20 and direct it to save in the new place they are putting 21 saves. Why they changed where they are storing the saves, I have no idea.

Anyway, did work. I'll just have to do the same when my online leagues move to 21, but I should be able to replicate.

I really appreciate the help found in this thread!
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote