Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:27 AM   #1
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can't Import from OOTP 20

I am trying to import a game from OOTP and for some reason just cannot find the file. I just now backup up the game on OOTP20. I would appreciate any help finding where the file might be or what I might be doing wrong. Thank you!
detroitrocksindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

I can't navigate to my OOTP 20 save files either. Never had a problem in prior versions. Getting super frustrated! Anyone help?
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wish I had some good news for you but I’ve posted in several threads with no luck. Getting incredibly frustrated/ I can’t enjoy baseball this year until this is fixed!
Old 03-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Are you saying you can't find your saved .lg folder?

From the Main page, click on the Import OOTP 20 League button. A file browser window will appear.

Browse to the .lg directory for your old saved game.

Once you have found your game directory, such as 'MyGame.lg,' browse into that folder and find the world.dat file.

Select this file, and then click the Confirm button.

You will be prompted to enter a new name for your imported game file.

Enter a name, and then click the Import Now button. Your game will now be converted to the current game format.

Typically your .lg files are stored: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:19 PM   #5
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The problem I'm having is that all the league browser file shows is OOTP 21 files- my file from OOTP20 is nowhere to be found.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:38 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitrocksindy View Post
The problem I'm having is that all the league browser file shows is OOTP 21 files- my file from OOTP20 is nowhere to be found.
So when you click the "Up" button...

You don't have an OOTP 20 folder listed?

Old 03-28-2020, 11:45 PM   #7
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I only have an OOTP 21 file. That screen grab with OOTP 20 and 21 only shows 21 for me. Maybe it's a problem with the backup from OOTP 20?
Old 03-28-2020, 11:50 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I only have an OOTP 21 file. That screen grab with OOTP 20 and 21 only shows 21 for me. Maybe it's a problem with the backup from OOTP 20?
Where did you back it up? If different than the default path, you juts have to navigate to where you saved it.

Typically when I would move from a previous version of OOTP, I would load the new version of the game, then import, then once everything was good, I would uninstall the old version and then delete the old folder.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:53 PM   #9
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All I did for the backup was open the game on OOTP20, click file, backups, backup current game, start backup. The following notification says backup was successful

Last edited by detroitrocksindy; 03-28-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Do you still have OOTP 20 installed?

If so, open OOTP 20 and click on the Load Game button. At the bottom click on the Open Folder button - MAKING SURE your OOTP 20 saved game you want is highlighted at the top.

Make sure this is the same location as the one you're trying to import from.

If not, then when you choose to import, browse to the location you just found using the Open Folder button.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #11
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Okay, so when I click "Open Folder" in OOTP 21 and it shows my files, I am able to find the .lg file. However, there is no place for me to select it or import it or anything like that.

P.S. Thank you so much for helping. Even if I'm not able to get it I really do appreciate it!
Old 03-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #12
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
All I did for the backup was open the game on OOTP20, click file, backups, backup current game, start backup. The following notification says backup was successful
You don't generally import the backup of the league, well at least I never have, you go to your active saved_gamed folder for your OOTP20 league.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #13
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, so when I click "Open Folder" in OOTP 21 and it shows my files, I am able to find the .lg file. However, there is no place for me to select it or import it or anything like that.

P.S. Thank you so much for helping. Even if I'm not able to get it I really do appreciate it!
click on the .lg file (OOTP20) and that should open that folder and within the folder should be a file called world.dat. Select that file and click on the confirm button. You will not be able to import/confirm until you select the world.dat
Attached Images

Last edited by byzeil; 03-29-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:34 AM   #14
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When I go to the saved_gamed folder the OOTP 20 game im trying to import isn't there. Could you explain how to get it there? Amazingly, I had absolutely no problem importing from 19 to 20 but 20 to 21 has given me hell. However, there are other games in the saved_game folder so maybe this is where my problem lies.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #15
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
When I go to the saved_gamed folder the OOTP 20 game im trying to import isn't there. Could you explain how to get it there? Amazingly, I had absolutely no problem importing from 19 to 20 but 20 to 21 has given me hell. However, there are other games in the saved_game folder so maybe this is where my problem lies.
I can't tell you how to get the league file there because I don't know what you did with it or why it isn't there.

Have you used the other .lg files you are seeing there? can you load any of them in OOTP20? If so then that is where the .lg file should be for the league you are trying to import.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:40 AM   #16
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All the .lg files im seeing are from OOTP 21, none are from 20. When I go to import all the files and everything are from 21. Am I just forgetting to do something to get the 20 files to show up when I look for them in the 21 game?? I really have no clue
Old 03-29-2020, 12:41 AM   #17
byzeil
All Star Starter

In OOTP20 can you open the league you are trying to import?
Old 03-29-2020, 12:43 AM   #18
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes. I've had no problem opening it on OOTP 20
Old 03-29-2020, 12:43 AM   #19
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
All the .lg files im seeing are from OOTP 21, none are from 20. When I go to import all the files and everything are from 21. Am I just forgetting to do something to get the 20 files to show up when I look for them in the 21 game?? I really have no clue
Then you are not in the right saved_games folder, you are in the OOTP21 saved_games folder and you need to be in the saved_games folder under your OOTP20 install.

Have you done anything with your copy of OOTP20? Uninstalled or deleted it? Can you load the league you are trying to import in OOTP20?
Old 03-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #20
detroitrocksindy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exactly- I can't figure out why the saved_games folder is only for 21. OOTP 20 copy is still installed and I am able to access the league im trying to import on the 20 application