Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #1
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Players won't Stay on Active and 40 Man Roster

So after swimming a fictional league for 7 seasons I entered the league as a GM of an expansion team. I go through the expansion draft and now all the players I pick will not stay on the active or 40 man roster. Sometimes they go into player designation, sometimes they just get picked, typically by the same team. I have one players that isn't getting picked but I'll put him on the active roster and 40 man roster and the next sim day he get knocked into player designation for assignment. He gets ride of his rule 5 eligibility once I put him on the roster but the next sim day after he gets knocked off into player designation he's got the rule 5 status. After the players get picked by a team (usually the New York Knights), I've tried editing them back to my team but within a short sim time they go back to New York. I've also tried force trading them with the team that has taken them but the results are the same, after simming a few days they get taken by another team.

Please help
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

You are listed as the gm for that team right? If you are also check your gm settings it might be set for the AI to handle transactions.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I am listed as the GM. I had an assistant GM and made sure he had no control over roster moves. And then to make sure of this I fired the GM and still happened. Looks like a weird glitch has taken over
Old 03-25-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Do you have screenshots?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:37 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Are you set as the gm using 'act as' in commissioner mode, or have you actually officially taken the job through the 'available jobs screen'?

If you're just acting as, the AI still has overall control of the team. To get full control, you need to actually take the job yourself.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

I’m set as the GM. There’s something funky going on. I’ve run expansion drafts before. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the new expansion settings. And none of these moves make sense even if I wasn’t the actual GM. All the expansion picks end up getting lost and picked up virtually by one team. Also, I’ve noticed where the other expansion team run by the AI will lose a lot of their players and be picked up my team without me doing anything. Once again, even it was the AI it’s an odd move. Also, when I picked up a pretty good FA, he wouldn’t stay on my roster either and got lost and picked up by the one team that’s been doing most of the acquisitions. There’s definitely something glitchy going on
Old 03-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #7
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Ok, update on expansion team roster issue. I'm feeling pretty certain it's a glitch. I ended up restarting the league I created to start from scratch (I was getting a ton of crashes anyway which I thought could be due to the game being imported from ootp 20). Here's some info on my league setup. I create a historical league starting sim play in 1919 with imported history and real minor league setups and OOTP development engine on. I then sim a season and in the offseason of the second year I create a new fictional league called the International Baseball Federation (IBF) two sub leagues (eastern and western league), with 12 teams total, 6 teams in each sub league ,1977 stats and modifiers, 1920 financials but no reserve clause (financials are changed after each season to match the current year being played), and one triple A minor league affiliate. I then change the Negro League to major league level and affiliate it with the IBF league but Negro League teams have no team affiliations. I have to change the Negro League settings each season cause it'll revert back to being a triple a affiliate of the MLB. I then sim 4 seasons (all AI GM and managed, no human interference), along the way I create two tournaments, the World Cup Series,a 7 game series played between the winner of the MLB World Series and the IBF Mendez Cup Series (the seven game series of my fictional league), and I create a tournament called World Galaxy Game, one all-star game played between the stars of the MLB and IBF. Both tournaments are played after the MLB and the IBF have finished their seasons. Incidentally, trades with other league are disabled in both the MLB and the IBF and free agents leaving is disabled in the IBF (no FAs leave the MLB since the reserve clause is enabled). Negro League players can be purchased and top Negro League players always are by teams in the IBF. Before the fourth season of the IBF, so after the 1923 season in the the offseason, I expand two teams (this is where it gets weird). I've tried this as a GM of one team and I've let the AI take over both expansions. So when you go through the new expansion set up, the first window is naming your team and assigning them to a league. In this case its the Boise Cutthroats and the Colorado Kings, they both go into the Western League after I've moved a team, the Chicago Wind Sox to the Eastern League. Next screen is to assign an affiliated minor league team. I keep the triple a affiliate team suggested by the game, but delete the Negro League affiliate suggested by the game. And the next screen is to assign the rules of expansion. I have everything on: Create FA/fill minors with fictional players, fill new teams with coaches, Schedule expansion draft, expanded teams draft first in the rookie draft. Number of protected players is 15, 3 years auto protect players, and no limit to how many players picked from a single team. After they are created it appears everything went well. They show up as being in the right sub league in the IBF, but after acquiring players, via randomly assigned players by the SIM or via the expansion draft or via free agency the players will not remain on the teams rosters. So since almost all the players ended up being lost to the New York Knights I finally decided to check out the Knights roster and it turns out the two expansion teams are showing up as minor league affiliates in the roster and transaction page. So it's like these teams which are in the IBF have a doppelgänger existence, one as a major league level team in the IBF and two as a minor league affiliate to the New York Knights. Once this happens there is nothing I can do to change it since I don't have access to get rid of these expansion teams as a minor league affiliate. It's as if the IBF expansion is now a minor league affiliate to the New York Knights. So I'll play around with it more and see if there are any settings that change this glitch.