Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 21 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
MetsFan19
Bat Boy

Need help creating my own Online League

Hello,

First time user on OOTP 21 due to the MLB shutdown.

Looking to create an online league with my family/friends. Need some guidance on getting started.

Have created the league on OOTP and converted it into a online league. Not sure how to create my own site/whether I should use on of the other paid websites to manage it/how to use google drive/email to do this.

Thanks for your help.
MetsFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Bump
Old 03-25-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Probably the easiest way to get started is using Statsplus. They give you web space and online tools and Dave is very responsive.

https://statsplus.net/web-overview.html

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Are there alternatives to Statplus? Can't swing the price.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #5
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Well, you need some sort of web space with FTP to host the league files and team exports. You as the commissioner would run the sim, then you create a ZIP file of the league folder and upload it to the web space, which the other team GMs can then download; they set their rosters and upload those as individual team files to the web space, you download them, run the sim, and repeat the process. So if not Statsplus, you'd need to find another hosting service. I don't know how versed you are in managing websites but it takes some technical knowhow. That's why Statsplus is nice - it's pretty competitively priced to setting up your own space, and it's geared specifically at running OOTP leagues. (I have no financial interest in Statsplus, but I do run two leagues on it, and gave up our own web host for it.)

This part of the manual addresses how to set up online leagues: http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...at_is_required

If it's just a small league of friends and family, you could always skip the FTP part and email or upload files/exports to someplace like Dropbox, but you'd have to download and unpack everything manually and wouldn't have a league website. If it were just a handful of people playing a casual league, that would probably work, but it would get unwieldy in a hurry. With an FTP server, you can do all this with the click of a button.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #6
Desolate
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There is another alternative that I have used a few times called allsimbaseball that is what I’m using for mine currently.

http://www.allsimbaseball.com/

Their prices are pretty reasonable, and you get to choose your access. It takes between 12-24 hours to set up, but once he sets it up he will email you all instructions needed to get your league started.
Desolate is offline   Reply With Quote