Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #21
kackle85
Minors (Single A)

Scouting is so different this year I wish it would have been explained a little more in depth. I'm not sure I like it. Seems like a little bit of the "fog of war" has been lost.
kackle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #22
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Okay, this is getting very bad.

For the 2020 draft, I had gotten the top choices well into the 2.5 star region up to VERY HIGH by the day before the draft. Now, the day of the draft, many of the top choices--the guys I'd likely pick--are showing LOW.

Add to this, many of the top choices are now showing up TWICE and are shown to be picked twice in the Mock Draft.

This is very bad.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #23
ROY_Angel_Berroa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post

For the 2020 draft, I had gotten the top choices well into the 2.5 star region up to VERY HIGH by the day before the draft. Now, the day of the draft, many of the top choices--the guys I'd likely pick--are showing LOW.

Add to this, many of the top choices are now showing up TWICE and are shown to be picked twice in the Mock Draft.

This is very bad.
Seems like this might be a bug - maybe put it in the bug report thread.
ROY_Angel_Berroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #24
ROY_Angel_Berroa
Minors (Single A)

I'm also having an issue with scouting. I want to scout a player on the waiver wire, but it says it will take 5 days to scout them - by the time I get the report the payer is off waivers. So I just have to decide based on OSA scouting, which I'd prefer not to do.
ROY_Angel_Berroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #25
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROY_Angel_Berroa View Post
I'm also having an issue with scouting. I want to scout a player on the waiver wire, but it says it will take 5 days to scout them - by the time I get the report the payer is off waivers. So I just have to decide based on OSA scouting, which I'd prefer not to do.
That’s a con of using the waiver wire.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #26
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROY_Angel_Berroa View Post
Much of this depends on perspective. The quick, insisted-upon assessment that I could 'require' of my scout within the allotted shorter timeframe would be less accurate- how much who knows -than the five days he's indicated he requires and could be closer to, or at least its margin of error, the OSA account. I can live with that.

Note: Still like a way to be notified that a shortlisted player has hit the waiver wire.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #27
Mike1294
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

This is very bad.
Check to make sure it didn't switch over to OSA scouting. I was having the same problem and couldn't figure out what was going on then seen where it switched over to OSA scouting instead of my scout. It has done that a few different times to me.
Mike1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:31 PM   #28
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

This is very bad.
What’s your scouting budget like? The amount delegated to amateur scouting has a significant impact on this
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #29
pfholden
Minors (Triple A)

This was talked about briefly earlier in this thread but not sure I saw a concrete answers...Do I need to manually assign my scout to scout prospects for the draft to get any updated reports? Or will he do a reasonable amount on his own if I have my budget focused there?
pfholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #30
alexnyc
Bat Boy

Also curious as to whether the scouting director does enough scouting for the draft without having to manually tell him to. It seems to me that scouting reports trickle in at random times during the season; there seem to be updated reports more often for the type of player you specify the scout should look at. So, if the draft prospects fit this specification, they'll probably be scouted more. I think this trickling in of scouting reports also means the end of the monthly player development update message, which I really liked