Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #61
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Well, this is the best card I've ever pulled.
Grats!!

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #62
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Check out these numbers through 5 games.
Attached Images
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #63
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Nice! I pulled a 100 Seaver last night, I'll post him when I get home from work. What luck I have, right when the season starts, everyone is at home online all day and I'm working OT for the pharmaceutical industry with no chance to even glance at standings. On the bright side I'm having much better luck on pulls than last year, and should finish up all the collections tonight and start tuning up the 26 man roster.

Last edited by Orion; 03-26-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #64
Orion
Major Leagues

In other news, the refunded cash from my cancelled spring training ticket was invested into PPoints. The league closed everything down the day before my birthday. I was all ready to listen to Bob Uecker call the game as we sat (really) in the frrrront row! Row 7 right behind home plate. Sadly, virtual baseball will have to suffice for now. My GM is pleased at least and mentioned a big FA signing to be revealed shortly.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #65
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Fun player. He will have some ugly games here and there but will get those lucrative high K games on a steady basis and win many a game.. Seaver should be able to fill the same longterm role RBreaker Pedro has for my 2020 championship caliber team; #2 RH starter (1B really) who balances out my traditionally lefty-heavy rotation. (I always run at least 2)

Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #66
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Fun player. He will have some ugly games here and there but will get those lucrative high K games on a steady basis and win many a game.. Seaver should be able to fill the same longterm role RBreaker Pedro has for my 2020 championship caliber team; #2 RH starter (1B really) who balances out my traditionally lefty-heavy rotation. (I always run at least 2)
ups here's tom
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2020, 08:26 PM   #67
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Placed second in an iron tourney today and pulled a Flaherty, pretty pumped. Had a couple diamonds already from completing missions but was sorely lacking a diamond on the rotation for tourneys.

Looks like I will hit promotion to the iron league, will be interesting with some of those teams being incredibly good.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #68
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Nice! I pulled a 100 Seaver last night, I'll post him when I get home from work. What luck I have, right when the season starts, everyone is at home online all day and I'm working OT for the pharmaceutical industry with no chance to even glance at standings. On the bright side I'm having much better luck on pulls than last year, and should finish up all the collections tonight and start tuning up the 26 man roster.
So his win streak in starts ended, getting no decision in his 6th game. Granted, that was because we didn't score until the 8th, and he went 6 innings, allowing 0 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks with - no joke - 14 strikeouts. So his ERA is down to 0.92.

EDIT: Game 7 - 7 innings, 3 hits, 4 walks, 1 earned, 10 Ks, in a 13-1 win.

I regret to inform this forum that Lindy McDaniel allowed his first run. He only made it 15 appearances without giving one up, what a scrub. So now he's 4-0 with 12 saves and a 0.42 ERA (1.64 FIP).

I was lucky last year to get a perfect Eck early on, and not long thereafter a perfect Gagne, and when I finished the live missions adding a perfect Gossage to that allowed me to consistently have one of the best bullpens in any league. Maybe not quite on the same level this year but Tom Gordon and Lindy McDaniel are probably 2 of the top 5 mov/con focused relievers in the game so I think bullpen will be one of my strengths again. Right now our bullpen ERA is 1.95; the second best in our league is 2.66, and the third best is 2.90. Wainwright is sporting a 0.67 in 27 innings; Gordon, Nathan, and Syndergaard are all under 2. Strasburg and future legend Mize are both under 2.20.

Speaking of closers, I mentioned that the Sun Kings have an 86 OVR Paul Shuey (86 stu, 94 mov, 57 con) as closer, he had a 22 appearance streak without allowing a run! He's at 18 saves right now (none in his last 6 appearances where we were either losing, tied, or wining by too much), he's now allowed 2 earned runs in 39.2 innings for a 0.45 ERA.

Anyway, I'm in the opposite boat as you, I'm in real estate in a suburb of New York, the market had been picking up a lot about a month ago but right now it's completely dead except for constant inquiries from people in the city desperately searching for short term rentals. We don't have many of those normally, and they're all gone now. So we're working remotely, but there's not a lot of work to be done.

Last edited by Warhawk; 03-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:33 PM   #69
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
So his win streak in starts ended, getting no decision in his 6th game. Granted, that was because we didn't score until the 8th, and he went 6 innings, allowing 0 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks with - no joke - 14 strikeouts. So his ERA is down to 0.92.

I regret to inform this forum that Lindy McDaniel allowed his first run. He only made it 15 appearances without giving one up, what a scrub. So now he's 4-0 with 12 saves and a 0.42 ERA (1.64 FIP).

I was lucky last year to get a perfect Eck early on, and not long thereafter a perfect Gagne, and when I finished the live missions adding a perfect Gossage to that allowed me to consistently have one of the best bullpens in any league. Maybe not quite on the same level this year but Tom Gordon and Lindy McDaniel are probably 2 of the top 5 mov/con focused relievers in the game so I think bullpen will be one of my strengths again. Right now our bullpen ERA is 1.95; the second best in our league is 2.66, and the third best is 2.90. Wainwright is sporting a 0.67 in 27 innings; Gordon, Nathan, and Syndergaard are all under 2. Strasburg and future legend Mize are both under 2.20.

Speaking of closers, I mentioned that the Sun Kings have an 86 OVR Paul Shuey (86 stu, 94 mov, 57 con) as closer, he had a 22 appearance streak without allowing a run! He's at 18 saves right now (none in his last 6 appearances where we were either losing, tied, or wining by too much), he's now allowed 2 earned runs in 39.2 innings for a 0.45 ERA.

Anyway, I'm in the opposite boat as you, I'm in real estate in a suburb of New York, the market had been picking up a lot about a month ago but right now it's completely dead except for constant inquiries from people in the city desperately searching for short term rentals. We don't have many of those normally, and they're all gone now. So we're working remotely, but there's not a lot of work to be done.
Goose is my closer on the '20 team and he's been fire. Was reliever of the year last year as we won our 4th title. Hopefully things will bounce back soon, business if not the actual prices of the properties.

Last edited by Orion; 03-26-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #70
Orion
Major Leagues

Mission complete and I'm feeling like a whale. Ichiro, Yogi and Maddox inserted, and a pile of guys to sell. Might keep a couple more, I do like Billy Williams at DH. Time to open these packs. Hoping my luck continues. 3 gold and 3 historical should net something.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #71
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Looks like 15 Frogs made the All-Star squad.

Riding an active 28-game winning streak. Let's keep it going.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #72
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Looks like 15 Frogs made the All-Star squad.

Riding an active 28-game winning streak. Let's keep it going.

Operation Mock Toad has been a great success. I had not initially realized what a windfall doing all those missions would be. I was up late two night in a row and crushed them out, expense be damned. Team looks serious, Good enough even to give the Frogs a challenge!

Old 03-26-2020, 09:20 PM   #73
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Operation Mock Toad has been a great success. I had not initially realized what a windfall doing all those missions would be. I was up late two night in a row and crushed them out, expense be damned. Team looks serious, Good enough even to give the Frogs a challenge!
OH and got 2 golds all 3 gold packs! Nothing amazing but when regular golds are going for 2-3k on a regular basis not too shabby. The historical packs had some decent guys and 2 79 rated SP's. I need to make up a silver tournament team here soon. Kinda gassed after two grinder nights on the AH, maybe tomorrow

Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 PM   #74
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hey, man. Don't you ever call us toads.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #75
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Hey, man. Don't you ever call us toads.

Oh no, you are the frog, I'm the copycat here. Seriously though, I have been very impressed with your management abilities and am not afraid to say I have incorporated a few of your methods onto my play style.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:07 AM   #76
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Just opened five packs and they included a live perfect Bellinger, who's relatively comparable to Klein as a hitter but a better fielder in right field, and a 99 Willie Mays, who's a slightly worse hitter than Snider but a MUCH better fielder in center. Only issue is Snider is much better against right handed pitchers. So I think I'm going to drop Rosen and try to train up Tulo to back up at every infield position, and drop Klein, and just have Mays replace Snider against lefties, and keep Ichiro as the backup outfielder. I suppose. Honestly not sure the best way to handle it. Maybe try to train Mays instead of Ichiro. Mays isn't quite as good a fielder but he's a better hitter. And I could probably at least train Snider to be competent at left and right field so he can backup against lefties. Will take longer though.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:16 AM   #77
skep
Minors (Double A)

Thursday is through and I did less well in tournaments than yesterday, but still alright. No great pulls though.

Red Bandits 63-41 0GB
I've got Edgar Renteria as a Silver tournament piece, but he's also producing in my one spot. You work with what you got and I've got Edgar Renteria.

Watermelon Bandits 58-50 8GB
King Felix starting to turn it around, 10-6 with 2.96 ERA.

Pink Bandits 75-32 0GB
Ellis Kinder is 12-1 with 1.87 ERA. Barney McCoskey is putting in work and making me rething my Silver tournament lineups.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:45 AM   #78
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 76-29 continue to dominate their division, only 1 All Star (Billy Williams) as my team has been changing so much with getting collections done, trying to figure out how to fit all of those guys in my team and then... I got 4 standard packs from tournaments, pack 1 Arenado, Pack 2 live gold, pack 3 Albies and gold Pat Hentgen pack 4 Trout... crazy luck

Pachuca Pack Rats 76-28 looking at the previous paragraph in envy, but rolled on a 10 game win streak with 8 all stars. Hoping we can make some PP out of the bronze and silver historicals we have

Lowdown Lugnuts 68-39 4 all stars including the whole of my OF (Raines, O'Neill, Darryl Hamilton. Was trying to build a defence/speed 1st team and they are leading the league in errors, efficiency, zone rating and steals, but also as a team batting .309 which was unexpected

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:54 AM   #79
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

I'm struggling in tourneys. Need to figure them out
Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 AM   #80
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ups here's tom
(drools)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote