Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Fictional Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Need help with my fictional historic league

Maybe I really should have posted in here with my issue.

Ok this is how I am setup,

*Starting in the year 1980
*Reset all historical stats
*all retired players are gone
*Using todays Minor League system, the one the MLB released for 2021 season. (Had that all setup until it reverted at the end of 1980)
*Not using historic transactions
*was "HOPING" to allow for automatic expansion teams. (does not seem like that is possible?)
*I want minor leagues but I don't want HISTORIC minor leagues

Want to have historical players in the drafts and for things to get all mixed up like seeing Griffey Jr on the Braves or having Barry Bonds drafted by the Expos. I want the historic players but I want the league to be completely random and fictional. Like Billy Beane is not pulled up from the minors before he should have been and actually becomes a star like they thought he would.

So, this is what happened. Everything I did to the Minor Leagues got reset at the end of the season. Was not expecting that.

Can I not setup this type of system under historical game? Do I need to put all the time and effort into setting it up under a Custom Game?

Can I get the historical players in a custom game?

Can you create expansion teams and a draft under custom?

Anyone that can answer these questions, I would be grateful! If, I can do this under my current historic league that would be great as well.
twins_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:37 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Turn off evolution in League Settings - Historical and do manual expansion. Turn Player Development on if you want obscure players to do well but this will affect superstars from being superstars also.I think Brad K has a thread on this.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Turn off evolution in League Settings - Historical and do manual expansion. Turn Player Development on if you want obscure players to do well but this will affect superstars from being superstars also.I think Brad K has a thread on this.
Well, that's kind of the point of a Fictional Historical league. Players may NOT become superstars like they historically did. Maybe they might. I want a Fictional League with Historical players.

Also, no, you do not have to import the drafts. I setup a league the way I wanted it based on the new release of the minor league system and teams.

Changed the draft to July 10th and release the draft class on April 11th. Once the draft class is released, I can go under league settings and uncheck "Import & Maintain real minor leagues and keep that off until before the start of pre-season the next year.

I keep my fictional real player minor league system, and fictional real player major league teams, and get my historical draft classes.

I am guessing that I may also need to turn off "Automatically expand league" and do all that manually when the time comes but that is quite a few game years away and I'm not going to test that at this time.

I got the system I want and the way I want things to run without having to do all that extra leg work.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
twins_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #4
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hey, this is great!

I never use the draft (I'd rather have my rookies coming into the game as free agents), so I never thought about using the draft date to "trick" the system like that.

that's very clever and will work for everybody who uses the draft, which are the majority of the people, I guess.

thanks for sharing this solution with everyone :-)
drambrosini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:49 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins_34 View Post
Well, that's kind of the point of a Fictional Historical league. Players may NOT become superstars like they historically did. Maybe they might. I want a Fictional League with Historical players.

Also, no, you do not have to import the drafts. I setup a league the way I wanted it based on the new release of the minor league system and teams.

Changed the draft to July 10th and release the draft class on April 11th. Once the draft class is released, I can go under league settings and uncheck "Import & Maintain real minor leagues and keep that off until before the start of pre-season the next year.

I keep my fictional real player minor league system, and fictional real player major league teams, and get my historical draft classes.

I am guessing that I may also need to turn off "Automatically expand league" and do all that manually when the time comes but that is quite a few game years away and I'm not going to test that at this time.

I got the system I want and the way I want things to run without having to do all that extra leg work.
They changed something since i last did this. Prior to 20? it used to be League Evolution. Uncheck that and you could keep Montreal there to modern times but still have Nationals rookies go to Montreal with draft turned off. I probably havent played around with this since OOTP 17 or 18.I didn't see it in my league either but i'm in 2035.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote