Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Online Leagues > Fictional / Other Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Baseball Stars Universe by MaxRetroBaseball.net

Inaugural Draft to happen as soon as we are ready to go!

RECRUITING ENDS FRIDAY NIGHT @ 11:00 PM Eastern Time

CURRENT WAITING LIST (Click to Open)

Message me here or by email. I am able to respond everyday until 3pm, then between 6-7pm, 9-9:20pm and after 11pm.
I've been operating MaxRetroBaseball.net since 2012 along with my MRB League, every day for now 8 years. If you want something reliable with good communication and laid-back, this is your place to stop!

Read below:

(view the article on my website : here )

BASEBALL STARS UNIVERSE
Bat flips. Home runs. All the fun.
Inspired by the original Baseball Stars series in the late 80s and some awesome OOTP community members providing logos and uniform ideas, I’ve decided to take a dive as well and to create my own version of an SNK-theme online league. After several hours spent searching Google and the OOTP forums and going through generic logos, here’s what I came up with.

Very simple. Very unoriginal. I’m sticking with the simplified 3 minor league levels (AAA, AA & A format), but I am jam packing all the teams under one division and we will be facing every other team the exact same amount of time in a balanced schedule (2 game series). All park factors are neutralized and we may have the same max capacity: 43,500 fans. I am using the All Time Greats Quickstart that comes with OOTP20 and the starting year is 2014.

Now onto the player selection.

In order to make things go as fast as possible, we will be drafting one (1) All Time Great team per round. The minimum for this league size is 10 teams. Maximum is 18 teams. Expanding the league in the future is a strong possibility if we have good candidates knocking at the door but I wouldn't go over 18 teams. I am always looking for people who are ready to commit for only a few minutes a day, mostly placing injured players into the Injury List, responding to trade offers and to enjoy the ride with all the other members, and also making sure that your whole organization is in good condition at all times.

The sim speed will be the same as my MRB League, which is a 2-games per sim, 7 times a week. 162 games per season but a much shorter playoff style. Here’s a summary of what to expect in this league:

– 162 games, minimum of 10 teams, maximum of 18 for Baseball Stars League.

– 1 division. Balanced schedule. Series are 2 games only.* (unofficial)

– 2014 Financials. Same crowd capacity for all (43,500), neutralized field, international complex activated (50 players max), waivers set for 4 days, DFA & injury lists are 10 days. Non-DH league, roster size is set at 30. General Strategic Tendencies all set to Normal/Default. (pitcher stamina, bunting, stealing, etc.)

MAIN TEAMS (click to open) for new league

– Those teams have zero players in them.

– Drafting the team names will be determined by using a specific lottery.

– Drafting the players for filling up your Baseball Stars League teams will use another lottery as well. You may view all the players per ML All Time Greatest over here. Remember, you get to pick one team per round (50+ players per round). Of course, if we have 15 teams, then there's only 2 minor league teams. If we are 18, we would only have 1 for now, and the next amateur draft would fill up our minor league system.

FOR DRAFT Greatest Franchise Players (click to open)

– Each team has 50 franchise players (sometimes a little bit more)

– No player over 32 years old.

– Drafting for 2 Rounds (serpentine) minimum; maximum 3.

– Each team that you picked (one per round) is moving to your minor league system with all the players included.

Example: Los Angeles Dodgers are picked on your 1st round, they do not go into the Baseball Stars League (ML). They go to the SNK (AAA) one. You picked the Arizona Diamondbacks on the 2nd round, they are sent to NeoGeo (AA). On your 3rd round (if there’s one), you picked the Seattle Mariners, they are sent to Baseball Entertainment System (A).

In the end, you would have your empty Baseball Stars League (main league, Major League level), and you would have the Dodgers has a AAA, Diamondbacks in AA, and Mariners in A. You then proceed to promote all the best players to your main team in Baseball Stars League and adjust your minor league system. You would have about 150 players in your organization.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: cephasjames (5000+ generic logos), Lows OOTP logos collection, vimageoutdoors Vimage OOTP (original SNK logos and uniforms contributor, without your work and input, this wouldn’t have been possible.), Google Search and Reddit user sitboaf ( https://imgur.com/a/zKDM2pu ) for inspiring me at putting all of this together. Eriq Jaffe for his excellent OOTP Jersey & Cap Makers http://www.ootputilities.com/ and if I forgot to mention anyone else involved, thank you for your work!

Additional notes:
LEAGUE INFORMATION
– League Format: One League, non-DH league.
– Minimum 10 teams : Maximum 18. (10-15 teams: 1 division / 18 teams: 2 divisions (Fighting League & Exciting League)
– 30 players on the Active Roster; 40-Man roster rule; no playoff roster.
– Scouting, Morale & Personnel are ON.
– Historical Rookies, since we are using the fictional league setup, it’s the game engine that will dictate their career path. Aging randomness is set at 75 (like the MRB League).
– 162-game per season
– Injuries are set to Normal (Low for the 1st season (2014) only)
– Custom playoffs
– All-star teams for everyone. We each have a chance for the World Championship
– Laid-back league with really cool General Managers
– Solid financial system in place, allowing for everyone to be able to bid on players during the off-season or releasing some players
– All park factors are neutralized
– General Strategic Tendencies all set to Normal/Default. (pitcher stamina, bunting, stealing, etc.)
– Minor League FA activated.
- International Complex ON
- International Amateur Free Agents ON
– Rule 5 Draft
– Waivers set for 4 days
– DFA & injury lists are 10 days
– 1x AAA, 1x AA, 1x A league level
– Roster limits are: ML 30, AAA 30, AA 40, A 40 players
– At the start of the league, we each have the same amount of cash. Amount is to be determined once ready to start.
– All park factors are neutralized

SIMULATION INFORMATION
– 2-day sim every night, 7 days a week
– 3 Seasons per real-life year (and a little more) (Our pace is “one in game year is about 3 months real-life)
– Game time is at 11:55pm on weekdays; weekends is at 9:55pm (*this is a flexible time for the sim. Otherwise, it can happen at 11:55pm.). Make sure that you are sending your team export before that time in order for me to import before sim time.

This website has been around since February 2012 . We are using OOTP20. This league is intended to be used with OOTP20 for the remainder of 2020 until OOTP 21 is fully patched, we will the convert.

Last edited by Max Boyer; 03-17-2020 at 11:20 AM.