Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #21
daves
Hall Of Famer

This week’s theme for my 3 teams: Battle of the Mega Whales

In PT there are Mega Whales, Whales, contenders and other teams. I find Mega whales tend to have the following high priced pitchers:
Perfect Cy Young
Perfect Walter Johnson
Perfect Pedro (Peak or 1999)
Perfect Gooden (Peak)

For my teams, the Doubledays are a whalish team that lacks the high priced pitchers listed above but can compete. The Owlz and Woodpeckers are Perfect playoff contenders.

P444: The Everett Aqua Sox are one of the best Mega whale teams with a 49 season winning percent of over 80% and 25 Perfect titles. My Doubledays don’t seem to be a match for this team, but we might be able to get to the World Series to lose to Everett.

P456: This is a small 20 team league. The Amberg Legends are the one whale team in this league, but not a Mega Whale. The Woodpeckers should make the playoffs and will need some luck to pull off a championship.

P425: The Mega Whales are Seoul Paw Sox and INKO Seagulls. The Owlz can make it to the series to eventually lose to one of these two which means “Made Playoffs” in OOTP language. AC champs means nothing in OOTP.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #22
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Currently on a 9 game slide and am 25-74.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #23
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P449 and Huntley's Feeling...Well, You Know

Greetings from Huntley! This week finds your Red Raiders in P449, a league with an interesting contrast.

Teams in the P449 AC have won 41 Perfect League championships, led by old "friend" RealMadrid El Blanco (13, but only 2 of those came at Huntley's expense in gut-wrenching, heartbreaking 7-game Perfect League Series defeats, so...yeah), along with the Texas Texans (9), Jonestown Athletics (7), Monterey Bay Irukandji (7), Mocosloco's Green Sox (3), Fort Worth Frogs (1), and Morrisville Bombers (1).

So, that P449 AC...yikes. One cool thing to note, though: If the season ended at the All-Star Break, the 5 playoff teams would be RealMadrid (of course), Texas, Mocosloco's, Jonestown, and...the Pacific Sixers? Yes, the current AC East leaders, 4 games ahead of the Athletics, are said Sixers, winners of 1 lone Bronze title waaaaaaaaay back in 2021. Pacific has been in Perfect every season since 2028, making the playoffs 32 times, including the last 15 seasons in a row, with nary a PL medallion to show for it.

Needless to say, if it's not the Red Raiders taking home the title this week...go Sixers!!

Back to the contrast: the P449 NC teams have won slightly fewer PL titles...10, to be exact. Along with Huntley (8), the former PL champions are the Radium Curies (1), Portland 69ers (1), and Great Lakes Kraken (1). Naturally, Huntley, Portland, and Great Lakes are all in the same division (NC West), because Random League Placement Setting doesn't care about you or your feelings. Like every person and computer making preseason predictions this time of year, Random League Placement Setting hates your team.

Finally, massive, massive apologies to BigRed75, whose Cincinnati Redlegs once again find themselves not only in Huntley's league, not only in Huntley's conference, but in Huntley's division. Which means they are also in Portland's and Great Lakes's division. So, sure, Random League Placement Setting hates your team, but Random League Placement Setting really, really hates the Cincinnati Redlegs. Sorry, BigRed75.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #24
Orion
Major Leagues

38 Runs

Crickies, running out of pitchers can be berry berry bad. Talk about lucrative for me tho...

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #25
Orion
Major Leagues

Screenie
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #26
Orion
Major Leagues

And the list...
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #27
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
And the list...
How many PP?
Old 03-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #28
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The season is playing out as expected/projected. Warbirds are comfortably in first in the division (33 game lead) and on pace for there 2nd highest win total and biggest in 14 years. Any drama will come in the form of the playoffs...or possibly a Zack Wheat Triple Crown.

Points of Interest...from around the league...
Westvleteren XII had a 33 game win streak without a starting 2B (24 man roster on auto pilot)
There WJ is on pace to go 40-0 with a 2.08 (Lefty Cheese strategy)

C.N. Owls have 4 starters with ERA under 2. They are a top end defensive unit with .9 park factors across the board. None of these are Perfect pitchers.

C.N.Olws have Hooks Dauss closing games. He is on pace for 58 saves and is leading a pair of Riveras by 8 saves

Tony Gwynns had a 37 game hitting streak.
Westvleteren is on a historic pace at 90-11. RD 503 right now.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #29
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
How many PP?

Pulling out my calculator...

Started day 43,803, Ended day 54,463

= 10,660 PP for one game.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #30
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Fort Worth Frogs (1)
Impostors!!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #31
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Impostors!!

Chameleons?

Old 03-06-2020, 01:40 AM   #32
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Well, sitting at 70-30 with a 23.5 game lead and I'm currently the 3 seed. Other 2 division winners are 78-28 and 86-21. Top wild card team is only 53-52.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:45 AM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

No real regaleing for me today. I went out & picked up random articles off the street instead. My team did just as well. Sometimes a manager can only do so much.

There were some interesting articles if anyone wants to hear about that. Nothing real surprising, though.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 03-06-2020 at 01:55 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #34
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Impostors!!
Clearly they are lacking fight(ing).
Old 03-06-2020, 02:25 PM   #35
trman73
Minors (Triple A)

Fort Worth Frogs owner here.

For the first week or two I think I did call this team the "Fort Worth Fightin' Frogs."

We won our lone title four weeks ago. Since then we lost in the PL Series to the San Francisco Smallballers, then have completely fallen apart. We're on track to miss the playoffs for the second straight year after making it 30 out of 35 Perfect seasons.

Which is to say, good luck to any other team who can represent frogs!
trman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #36
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Pulling out my calculator...

Started day 43,803, Ended day 54,463

= 10,660 PP for one game.

What a crazy season...can't wait to see what PP reward I get for a 22 game win streak (and I'm still 2 games behind the uberwhale in 1st)

Old 03-07-2020, 03:41 AM   #37
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trman73 View Post
Fort Worth Frogs owner here.

For the first week or two I think I did call this team the "Fort Worth Fightin' Frogs."

We won our lone title four weeks ago. Since then we lost in the PL Series to the San Francisco Smallballers, then have completely fallen apart. We're on track to miss the playoffs for the second straight year after making it 30 out of 35 Perfect seasons.

Which is to say, good luck to any other team who can represent frogs!
Except for the Costa Rica Dart Frogs (I kinda manufactured a one-sided rivalry against them several weeks ago). Have to keep up appearances.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:50 AM   #38
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Here's a look at P421 heading into the final day of the regular season. The Tigers and Quips are battling ferociously in the AC West for supremacy. But, will the Arizona Aces sneak away with the #1 seed?

Over in the NC, it's the Frogs and Rams playing near .800 ball and separated by just 1 game for the #1 seed. Frogs took the regular season series 4-3. Doesn't appear to be any other serious contenders in the conference. Hopefully, this doesn't portend a surprise (!) upset in the DS.

If we can take the Rams out and avenge our PL Series loss to them, I'd reckon that would be just about my team's final trick for PT20.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #39
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Finally, massive, massive apologies to BigRed75, whose Cincinnati Redlegs once again find themselves not only in Huntley's league, not only in Huntley's conference, but in Huntley's division. Which means they are also in Portland's and Great Lakes's division. So, sure, Random League Placement Setting hates your team, but Random League Placement Setting really, really hates the Cincinnati Redlegs. Sorry, BigRed75.
Hey, at least we beat you...once.

We've beaten you once. Last I checked, we were 1-11 against Huntley.

I've stopped checking.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:00 AM   #40
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Well we beat Huntley again.

And looking at the rosters of the teams in the Central Division - well, we would have been competitive in that division and probably would have made the playoffs.

But at least we're four games above the drop zone with three games to play, so our status is safe for another season.And after next season, frankly, I'm going to stop paying attention.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote