Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #601
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2080 Season (8/27 – 8/29)

Brooklyn Citizens (64-67, .489, 4th NL East) @ Miami United (78-53, .595, 2nd NL East)
Our NL East rival – if only in my own head – is mired in the midst of a ho-hum, borderline depressing season where they are on pace to miss the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year after winning the World Series all the way back in 2078. Still, despite their recent struggles, they remain one of my favorite clubs in StrangeVerse… cool caps, a sweet minor league affiliate in the Staten Island Killer Bees, and a storied history replete with success. I can see myself spending a few years as their Vice President of Baseball Operations in the not-so-distant future… of course, Merl Crawford would have to go – if I could find a taker for his insane $22M/per contract that will still have two more years left after this season. He’s good, no doubt, but $22M good? Nah.

131 of 162: Loss, 7-1. Throttled again… Magmo went 2 for 4 with a solo homer. Brooklyn put 4 runs on Kordell’s name at the top of the 1st. We’ve been outscored 26-7 in our last two games.

132 of 162: Loss, 6-3. 5 of Brooklyn’s 6 runs came before the 3rd inning… Harvey’s turn to get lit up. Magmo and OH HONG each drove one in; our 3rd came on an error… running tally is 32-10

133 of 162: Win, 4-3. Pepper's 12th-inning walk-off, RBI double saves the day and puts an end to our agonizing 3-game losing streak… Anaconda drove in two and is now at 96 RBIs so far this season… the recent troubles with our starting rotation continued as Horne allowed 3 runs in 5 innings of work… Elsewhere: your Barbados Tridents made the Continental League playoffs and will battle against the Colorado Springs Grizzlies in first-round action. The Tridents went 4-2 against the Grizzlies during the regular season.

Notes: And just like that we find ourselves two games behind Steel City… turns out that there is never a good time to drop two of three against the Citizens. St. Louis, who are terrible, is next on the docket and we’ll kick that set off with Rad on the mound – let’s hope we have a better showing against the Rams – we’ll need it if we have any hopes of winning our division as Pittsburgh is on a 4-game winning streak and recently became the 1st team in the majors to eclipse 80 wins.

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #602
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

Be Still My Beating Heart...

Name:  BSMBH.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  115.6 KB

Old 03-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #603
stevem810
All Star Starter

I've got an 1893 League I'm playing OOTP 21 with at the moment. Loved the camera options, but the panning camera threatens to induce vertigo (at times).
Great to have the new version. I think it is going to be great!
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:52 PM   #604
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
I've got an 1893 League I'm playing OOTP 21 with at the moment. Loved the camera options, but the panning camera threatens to induce vertigo (at times).
Great to have the new version. I think it is going to be great!
That’s the first thing I shut off.