Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 01-30-2019, 12:57 AM   #21
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Man, the high end of the auction house is just cratering. I'm seeing cards like this one either selling or no-selling for well under their average. I wish I had the points around to take advantage of this one, but I already grabbed a 96 Campanella for 5K under average.

EDIT: He's back up on a 30 minute auction for 55K now. How low will he go before someone snags him?
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-30-2019 at 12:58 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:36 AM   #22
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Perfect Willie Mays no sells at 10K under Past 5. Perfect Ted Williams is 25K below Past 5 with an hour left and no bids.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #23
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

[QUOTE=DonkeyKongSr;4420464]On a related note, it looks like people are starting to come to the realization that the 100 on that Tom Seaver card is ridiculous.

what should the seaver be going for? i am in a diamond league and he is moved to my 5th starter spot. going to sell him I guess.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:37 AM   #24
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

[QUOTE=HiDesertAce;4425967]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
On a related note, it looks like people are starting to come to the realization that the 100 on that Tom Seaver card is ridiculous.

what should the seaver be going for? i am in a diamond league and he is moved to my 5th starter spot. going to sell him I guess.
He should perform roughly the same as deGrom, so that mid-20K range. Pretty much everyone around those guys are diamonds that go for the mid-20k range, so the market is fairly good at correcting itself.

That said, it looks like you may be able to get over 30K for him, so he's probably a wise choice to flip and find a different pitcher.

Using the FIP calculation that many of us on the site use, this would be the 10 guys above and below him in the rankings. You can probably grab a few of these guys for low 20's and pocket 5K or so.

Mark Prior - 96
John Smoltz - 96
Pedro Martinez - 96
Bob Gibson - 93
Chris Sale - 100
Bob Gibson - 94
Mike Scott - 96
Pete Alexander - 93
Dolf Luque - 95
Nolan Ryan - 95
Tom Seaver - 100
Jacob deGrom - 100
Christy Mathewson - 95
Sandy Koufax - 95
Bob Feller - 96
Bob Feller - 88
Johnny Vander Meer - 95
Greg Maddux - 91
Bert Blyleven - 93
Sandy Koufax - 100
Carl Hubbell - 91
Old 01-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #25
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

[QUOTE=DonkeyKongSr;4426009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post

You can probably grab a few of these guys for low 20's and pocket 5K or so.

sold Seaver for 31 K. bought 97 Randy Johnson for 26 K.

thanks for advice I was disappointed in performance of that Seaver 100 card.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:52 PM   #26
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

There has be little increase in the player base so demand is falling as people's teams are becoming solidified. Combine this with an ever increasing supply, and you can see why the market is tanking. I think I'll probably wait a few months to jump in OOTP20 for this reason. Let the market reach equilibrium before you start spending your money.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #27
traylor45
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
There has be little increase in the player base so demand is falling as people's teams are becoming solidified. Combine this with an ever increasing supply, and you can see why the market is tanking. I think I'll probably wait a few months to jump in OOTP20 for this reason. Let the market reach equilibrium before you start spending your money.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
That's why you hop in immediately and sell every decent card you get for the first few months, staying in Bronze/Silver leagues. Rack up some PP, so you can build a stacked team at the lower prices.

Just imagine how nice it would be selling those Ichiro bronze for 500+, when I've had to npc the last few I got bc they wouldn't sell for over 30.
traylor45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:54 AM   #28
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Is it just my imagination or are there far fewer cards on the AH in the past few days? I filter out the MLB2018 Live cards so maybe there are still a lot of those, but the historical card supply seems to be dwindling.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:30 AM   #29
cavacom
Minors (Single A)

in 3 week, there will be a major crash in the auction house.

I'm still going to play though.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #30
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

yep Orcin it is really difficult to find anything worthwhile these days. Feels like the same faces every day and even those are mostly live or underperformers.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #31
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Feels like the same faces every day and even those are mostly live or underperformers.
I think that might also be a function of a limited card set that we've been looking at for months. That there will be ~1000 new cards in PT 2.0 is one of the many reasons I'm excited for the next version. Even in slow times there's bound to be at least a couple rare cards to tickle your fancy.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #32
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

i think the crash is here. i just bought Top WAR Al Rosen for 49 K under the last 5 average price of 75 K. i know prices are generally lower in weekdays but this was very low. also bought a few other diamonds today all for 5 K less then their last average.

i never put cards out with a low starting price to create bidding interest for just this reason. never seems to work.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 PM   #33
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I sold a 96 Willie Mays today for 30% above the last 5 average and 10% above the overall average. So the crash may have been stalled by the small supply.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:14 PM   #34
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
i think the crash is here. i just bought Top WAR Al Rosen for 49 K under the last 5 average price of 75 K. i know prices are generally lower in weekdays but this was very low. also bought a few other diamonds today all for 5 K less then their last average.

i never put cards out with a low starting price to create bidding interest for just this reason. never seems to work.
Yup, it used to be that bidding on those super low opening price auctions would just be the first step in bidding up to near the average, but they are now turning into deals with fewer bidders going after them. And then there's also the scarcity issue that Orcin saw where you can command a premium for the lone listings of some cards. Both sides of the supply and demand decrease going on at once.