Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #41
BKL
All Star Reserve

On the All Star Team Ballot, I'd like to have the ability to save an incomplete ballot prior to casting your vote, this way you can evaluate a position, exit the game and then come back later to finish your evaluation or move to another position.

The way it is now, you have to make your picks all at once.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #42
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malor View Post
The Rule 5 Eligible Draft list for your team should be displayed exactly like the Upcoming FA List so it has all of the available columns, filters, etc. so it is easy to make comparisons between players.
This would help make online leagues run 10x easier with less confusion. It would also help reduce the tedium in solo leagues as well
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #43
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
On a semi-related note, I've always thought it'd make a lot of sense to have LH splits show up on the line-up screen when I'm playing a LHP and RH splits show up when I'm playing a RHP.

I also have a lot of issues with Batting Screen showing up vs. Pitching Screen showing up during in-game substitutions. If I'm batting, I probably want to make a batting/line-up switch. If I'm pitching, I probably want to make a pitching change. But, I often times get the opposite one.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #44
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Have the team player history list be longer then the first 1000 players alphabetically. As of now, Babe Ruth, Dave Winfield, Mark Teixiera and anyone with the last name after "st" doesnt show stats in the Yankees (or any team with over 1000 players) career leaders. Not having Ruth as the Yankee home run leaders should be a crime for a game as great as OOTP.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #45
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Splits are still available on the main profile page - just click the dropdown. (I believe this is the page you're referring to?)
_
Yes, but I don't see why I have to choose between one or the other. I want to be able to see both.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #46
battists
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 17 - Interface discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
If I'm batting, I probably want to make a batting/line-up switch. If I'm pitching, I probably want to make a pitching change. But, I often times get the opposite one.

Torn about this one. In later innings, I am almost always going to warm up a pitcher when my team is at bat. So I have the same problem, it's just often in the opposite direction.

One option would be to separate pitchers and batters into two tabs inside the game. That way, when you click on "Boston Lineup" the screen would default to show only batters and their appropriate stats, and if you click "Boston pitchers", the screen would default to show your pitching staff and their appropriate stats.

Last edited by battists; 09-09-2015 at 11:52 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #47
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Torn about this one. In later innings, I am almost always going to warm up a pitcher when my team is at bat. So I have the same problem, it's just often in the opposite direction.

One option would be to separate pitchers and batters into two tabs inside the game. That way, when you click on "Boston Lineup" the screen would default to show only batters and their appropriate stats, and if you click "Boston pitchers", the screen would default to show your pitching staff and their appropriate stats.
Maybe set it up based on warm-up rule? I've followed the advice of others to turn-off warm-up since the computer doesn't use it.

In all honesty, I think some User analysis would be awesome. Things like, "What splits and stats does the user like on this screen?" "How does the user normally sort things when playing out a game?" "After a game, the user likes to check screens X Y and Z; let's set-up a shortcut menu automatically"

Stuff like that would be phenomenally awesome, imo.

And, related to that...I'd love a "How you played the game compared to the AI Score." You bunted when the computer would have hit, -1. You stole a base and it didn't work when the computer would have H&R, -1. You pinch hit for Kurt Suzuki with Miguel Sano like the computer would have? +1. You went to Billy Wagner in the bullpen? Computer would have selected Aaron Heilman. -1. I obviously don't know what the points would all mean and it'd have to be a pretty intensive set-up; but basically, if you do something different than the computer, you lose points if you do something like the computer would have, you gain points. Lots to this and my points are arbitrary and made up; but I think something like this player A.I. (don't know a better name) would be cool to see.

Or, another similar thing would be the computer analyzing my gameplay and setting tendencies based on that. Oh, he hit-and-run with a guy on first and no outs in the 1-3rd innings? Let's move that tendency up... He did it again? Let's move it up again. AGAIAN?!?!? Move it up again! Probably should be exponential in it's moving up/down, but I've always thought it'd be cool to play like 1-2 seasons out and check-out what my in-game tendencies are based on what the computer calculated them to be.

But I'm getting away from Interface discussions...so, I apologize. If anybody finds any of these are interesting, feel free to start a new thread and I can expand more with my thoughts or respond to your thoughts on it.

Last edited by MorseMoose; 09-10-2015 at 12:03 AM.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:48 AM   #48
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Go back to the pitching staff screen from OOTP 12 where you could have spot starters, but with the dropdown menus so you can still specify which innings to pitch
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #49
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

My issues - When subbing or pinch hitting sometimes the player I am subbing goes into the slot above or below the batting position ---- I can not then move that player.
Example : I want to pinch hit for the pitcher in #9 slot ; the pinch hitter drops into the #8 slot which had just batted - so I lose the #8 player and can not have the batter hit for the #9 slot.

Issue - I pinch hit for the pitcher and want the player to remain in game and play RF -- that leaves the RF without a position . ** I must move the RP to that slot in the lineup and label it as P *** if I move the pitcher to the pitcher spot (where previous P was before being pinch hit for (NOT THE LINEUP BUT ONCENTER GAME BOARD ) the P will replace the player I wanted in game.

Issue - I would like an indicator of whether the player is hot, normal, or cold.

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !
GeoWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 AM   #50
mars001
All Star Reserve

How about some touch screen controls? I play out each game on my Surface Pro 3. I usually use the keyboard, but there are times it would be nice if the UI was a little more touch friendly. I don't want to lose the data density, but maybe if the command keys on the in-game screen were a little larger and laid out on either the right or left of the screen. Right now they are a bit too small and it is awkward to hold the tablet and reach for the buttons on the bottom.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #51
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Team vs Team

Instead of just having the record of wins/loses

How about having it like the playoff results? I know I would use it a lot, specially before meeting a team for a series against them.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #52
Lockdog
Minors (Triple A)

Draft Board

Instead of highlighting top targets in the draft pool and switching between shortlists, something like a draft board would make draft day easier. The user could add draftees in order of priority, with guys scratched off the list if already selected.
Lockdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #53
Assos
All Star Starter

Having the stats shown in the boxes during a played out game customizable.

This is what Matt and Marcus are doing to us right now!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #54
camerainmyhand
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I play my games out in 1-pitch mode.

In order to make a defensive substitution I must click on the "Substitutions" tab (1), then if I wish to check the defensive ratings at a specific position I must sort by position (2), then change View to "Fielding Ratings" (3). I then drag and drop a player to the lineup (4th click). And then return to the field (click #5).

Although I do not expect all games to look alike, the way that ActionPC Baseball handles this is much more pleasing to me. When I want to make a defensive substitution, I click on the player on the field (1) and then it shows me who is rated at that position and what their ratings is. I click on a player (2) and that player is now on the field - and I can pitch to continue.

Similarly with pinch hitters, in ActionPC I click on the batter and a screen pops up that shows who is available, and their numbers against righties and lefties.

In OOTP, it is 4 clicks (Substitutions, Batting Ratings (or Stats), Drag, and then back to Game).

When playing out games those extra clicks add up.

In addition to the fact that depending on which screen OOTP defaults to when returning to the Substitutions screen, it may take me an additional click to sort out what I am looking for. When I am looking to sub a pitcher, it makes sense that it should default to Relievers (I can always make that extra click to show starters), because the great majority of time that is what I am looking for when subbing a pitcher during a game.

The interface could be more efficient and more intelligent - knowing what information is most relevant at that moment of play.

I love the career aspect and the "What If" ability of OOTP, but having a more efficient (and intelligent) interface would make it a whole lot better.
camerainmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #55
camerainmyhand
Minors (Rookie Ball)

An additional suggestion: When playing games out, I can use the number pad for most of the plays I will be calling.

But when I am asked whether I want to send a player or throw to get a runner, I must use the mouse to click Yes or No.

Please make it so that hitting the Y or N key allows me to play without having to use the mouse. Once again, this is not the end of the world, but it is less efficient when I need to leave the number pad, grab the mouse, click and then go back to the number pad. Although individually this is a small motion, these motions quickly add up.

(If this is already possible, then please let me know what settings I need to change).
camerainmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
That is a little too ESPNish for me.
I just want a quick way to see current season and career season stats without having to click on the player and then his stats tab.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #57
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywvalentine View Post
Id love more filter options. Filter by draft year? By round? Filter by personality traits? Leader/work ethic/greed/intelligence/etc. Filter injury rating as well.

Also in the transaction screen, can we be able to sort by the up/down arrow for when a player is ready to be moved? Currently we can sort by position, name, ratings but can the arrow be made as a sortable field?
Yes, and for draft pool listings, the ability to filter by Signability as well!
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:24 PM   #58
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

In views put in an "Organization" view. There is one for team but it is a mess when looking at the rule 5 pool or all players including MiLB.
Then whatever is listed for the MLB team is listed for the "Organization".
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #59
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
I'd like to see an option where you can sort players in a list by tag. So, for example, if you wanted to compare three players in a list, you just tag each three and then click on the tag column heading so they move to the top.
This, I have been suggesting it for a few years now,
Old 09-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #60
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

A customization of length of sim.... or three. There are times (read Winter Meetings) when I do not want to sim daily but I do not want to sim a week. There are other times when I want to sim 2 weeks at a pop. If I had one or two or three sim option that I can customize the length of it would be nice.