Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #61
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
You can still use backgrounds. It is an option under game set-up. Player and picture options tab then on the right side under fictional picture options. You might need to do a universal picture update to get them to show after turning the option on. Backgrounds show up in game and on pages like the stats page etc. The player page still uses the transparent background.

Edit: There are two update buttons "update/generate" and "force update/generate" be sure to use the force update as this will make the game look for the backgrounds which by the way need to be in your facegen folder.
Thanks. I knew it was an option but thought it was either\or so would be displayed everywhere including the player page.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #62
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

only spent and hour so far but I am very happy. Import of season I have been playing since v2 imported perfectly with all history, images, ballparks everything - most seamless import I have ever had in my longest running (over 10 years real time) league.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry, I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #64
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm not sure why the leaders and such were removed from the standings screen, I like all that information on one screen.
This is also a big one for me. After every day was played I spent time looking this up. Please bring this back.

Really enjoying the new version and in my opinion looks like it will be the best one yet.

Good job Markus and team!
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
This is also a big one for me. After every day was played I spent time looking this up. Please bring this back.
Oops, never mind, I saw Markus already fixed this.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-leaders.html
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #66
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

I missed OOTP 12, so I'm upgrading straight from 11 to 13. Am I just missing a button to sim one day's games in one click, like the "finish today" button in the top right corner of OOTP11? So far, the only way I'm finding to sim one day is to click/hover on the play button then click "finish today".

Last edited by CubsFan915; 04-07-2012 at 10:00 AM.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #67
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan915 View Post
I missed OOTP 12, so I'm upgrading straight from 11 to 13. Am I just missing a button to sim one day's games in one click, like the "finish today" button in the top right corner of OOTP11? So far, the only way I'm finding to sim one day is to click/hover on the play button then click "finish today".
The check mark button on top of the sidebar.

shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
Cras
Hall Of Famer

This board always seemed to have an un-natural lack of Ponies on it. Wasn't sure it was even a part of the same internet anymore.
Attached Images
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #69
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
This board always seemed to have an un-natural lack of Ponies on it. Wasn't sure it was even a part of the same internet anymore.
I'be been leaving ponies here and there for a few days. Board needed to be about 20% cooler.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #70
professor ape
All Star Starter

Love the RTS but I have one question about it. I am on a 1920 X1080 resolution screen. I have about six games which are visible at any time with the updates and top performers on the bottom. With my resolution there is plenty of room to the left and to the right of the scores for additional games to be visible without having to scroll. Is there any way to use this space more effectively?
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #71
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

So what's with all the ponies anyway?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #72
Siv
Major Leagues

Fantastic game, UI is real good, ease of install and playability fantastic. I love the random debut, can't wait to play with the regions (hope I can figure out how to easily edit these).

Well done, have been playing since the beginning I believe!!
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #73
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
So what's with all the ponies anyway?
Mmm. Because ponies?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #74
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

No more ponies please. This is not a pony impression thread.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #75
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Other than yet another release lacking PIE, so far so good.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #76
markmcghee
Minors (Double A)

Very impressed. Has the base running logic been tweaked? I play out quite a number of games and I immediately noticed that the base running logic seems to have been tweaked to perfection. No more maddening station to station base running by speedsters with two outs. And there a lot more bases clearing doubles with less than two outs and speedsters on the base paths--which very rarely happened in previous versions. The flow of the game is about as realistic as I can imagine it ever getting.
markmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #77
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Marlins Park Image

Does anyone plan on posting an updated MLB ballpark file on www.ootpmods.com to include Marlins Park? The best ones are those screenshots from MLB2K10.
bjenglert77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #78
DaddyO
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcghee View Post
Very impressed. Has the base running logic been tweaked? I play out quite a number of games and I immediately noticed that the base running logic seems to have been tweaked to perfection. No more maddening station to station base running by speedsters with two outs. And there a lot more bases clearing doubles with less than two outs and speedsters on the base paths--which very rarely happened in previous versions. The flow of the game is about as realistic as I can imagine it ever getting.
If this is the case, and I haven't yet (and won't) have time to do much until this coming week, that will go some ways towards alleviating the second of my two issues with OOTP. The first, a difficult user interface, has been solved to my satisfaction from what I've seen so far.

Again, well done Markus and team.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #79
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcghee View Post
Yes, quite a bit of work has been invested in this area
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
mclellan36
Bat Boy

Impression

OK- I've been playing OOTP since V6 and typically buy it after release. This year I decided to jump in on Thursday night. As the site stated, I would not get it until the 9th which suited me fine as I had a day off on Friday but needed to catch up on work and personal things. Very full day planned...

First complaint: got the email on Friday morning instead of Monday. I was NOT supposed to get it early as I bought it hours after the pre-release deadline.
Second complaint: download was too quick and easy. This got me playing within a matter of minutes
Third complaint: outstanding graphics and very friendly user interface, much improved even over last year. I like the new menu layout. And the AI seems to be much better; though I am not the expert on those things, and can't articulate the specifics, the game seems faster and easier to use. I spent many hours getting to learn the new features, hours I could not afford to waste.

All of these things contributed to ruining my Friday, both professionally and personally. I now have a boss and a wife that are more than a little peeved at me. Fortunately, my team is doing ok...

Overall Impression: this game is a time killer and could ruin relationships and careers. I will NOT buy another version of this game until next year...
mclellan36 is offline   Reply With Quote