Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
dannon20
Bat Boy

BZ 3270: Crash upon opening inbox

What information should I include when I report a bug?
Please do your best to provide the following information:

1. What, specifically, were you doing when the problem occurred? Include the specific screen you were on when the problem occurred.

I am simming season were my format is 2 sub leagues of 4 divisions each with 4 teams. Starting on August 29, in 2010 it locks up everytime I try to open my message inbox. If I try to simulate the game immediately freezes when a notification appears on screen for a personal message.

2. What happened? Was there an error message? If so, what was the specific message?

There is no air message. Program just becomes unresponsive. Windows attempts to gain response then when it is unsuccessful forces me to close the program.

3. Were you able to repeat the error with this same game? With another game? If so, what steps did you take?

I have tried creating a new manager restoring the game as a back up. Running it as a quickstart and the same problem occurs. Eventually I tried to duplicate the game in a new format and immediately upon creating my manager I am unable to open the message inbox and same results occur.

4. If relevant, what do you think the program should have done?

Obviously the program should run smoothly without this sort of error.

5. What is your league configuration (fictional/historical, etc.)

It is a major league baseball game with 2 expansion teams added after the 2009 season. The league was then divided up into 2 sub leagues of 4 divisions each with 4 teams in each division.

6. Are you a PC, Mac, or Linux user?

PC
dannon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Here's 3 suggestions to see if you can get around this or if the game just can't get past that date no matter what.

1: In your manager options, turn off all the notificiations from the game about personal messages, trade offers, etc... and see if it can sim past that date.

2: Create a GM with no team (commish mode on or off, your choice), and see if it can sim past that date.

3: The only other thing I can think of to do is to find your message store (they're just text files) and delete them all, then open OOTP and see if you can get past this date. If you have a standard installation messages are found in your saved game folder in the messages folder.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
dannon20
Bat Boy

The problem is that it is not a problem that only occurs in this game. Now anytime I try to start a new game it will run until I get a personal message, then the game will immediatly crash. Even if turning off the inbox were a solution. I would expect that this problem gets fixed in the first patch.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Never mind what I wrote first. Duh. (I have since erased it.)

I logged this as BZ 3270, we'll see if Markus can take a look. I am, however, suspicious that there is some sort of weird conflict going on, because this is the first time we've ever heard of something like this.

Last edited by battists; 06-14-2009 at 01:30 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Could you please FTP us your league files, according to the instructions here?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-files-us.html

Thanks!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
bsss
Bat Boy

same problem.
bsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
wildwind
Bat Boy

I will FTP the problem to you today, I just hope i do it right.
wildwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
dannon20
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Never mind what I wrote first. Duh. (I have since erased it.)

I logged this as BZ 3270, we'll see if Markus can take a look. I am, however, suspicious that there is some sort of weird conflict going on, because this is the first time we've ever heard of something like this.

I can't figure out how to FTP it. I know this probably seems a little sketchy but others have reported similar problems now. Is there anyway my download link can be re emailed to me with a new license so that I can just start from scratch? Please...
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

Another person with this problem:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2886915
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannon20 View Post
I can't figure out how to FTP it. I know this probably seems a little sketchy but others have reported similar problems now. Is there anyway my download link can be re emailed to me with a new license so that I can just start from scratch? Please...
Can you tell us where exactly in battists' instructions that you're getting stuck at?

Since he's not very clear on where the saved_games folder is, I'm guessing it's that part. Typically, for Windows users it's at: C:\Users\[your_name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10\saved_games\[your_lg_name].lg

Like he says, you can sometimes use a web browser to ftp, but you can also a ftp client, a program solely for ftping. Here's a tutorial on how to use my favourite, FileZilla.

As for your license, I just replied to a thread of yours asking about it.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #11
azazel529
Bat Boy

Problem Solved

I have fixed this problem. For the other users experiencing the same issue, here are the steps you can take to fix it as well. I will try to simplify them as much as possible but feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need me to clarify any of it:

1) Archive your saved games folder. The path should be C:\Users\[User Name]\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10\saved_games. You should be able to right click it, go to "Send To", and select "Compressed (zipped) folder" from the submenu. Save the zipped folder on your desktop, or some place OTHER THAN the OOTP folder that the saved games folder was in. This path is for Windows 7, by the way. Might be the same for Vista. If you are running Windows XP your user profile will be in the Documents and Settings folder in the C: drive.

2) Unlicense your copy of OOTP X. I used the method through the start menu. Start---->All Programs---->Out of the Park Developments---->Out of the Park Baseball 10---->Tools---->Unlicense OOTP 10. On the Unlicensing Wizard that launches, you may want to copy your order ID into a text file and save it somewhere for later. When I reinstalled, it was already plugged in when I applied my license. But better safe than sorry. Anyway, pretty self explanatory from here. Just click the Unlicense button.

3) Next you need to wipe out every trace of the program. First go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel if you have Windows XP, or Programs and Features if you have Vista or Windows 7. Uninstall the program there. Afterward you need to manually delete what is left. There will be three places you go to delete leftover files...program files, your user profile, and the registry. The following substeps will guide you through this:
I. Go to C:\Program Files and delete the Out of the Park Developments folder there, and also the ootp10setup folder as well. If you have a 64 bit operating system it will be in C:\Program Files (x86).

II. You will need to go back into your user profile as you did to archive the saved games folder, except this time you are going to delete everything. An important thing to note...make sure you DO NOT delete anything else inside your user profile, because it could cause huge problems. The path again should be C:\Users\[User Name]\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments. You should delete the Out of the Park Developments folder, and nothing else.

II. Step three involves the registry. The registry is another place that is potentially dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You may want to back up your registry first to be on the safe side, or if you're just flat out not comfortable with it don't touch it and find someone that can help you with it. Anyway, open regedit and delete the Out of the Park Development folder inside the software folder under \HKEY\CURRENT_USER

4) After everything is wiped out, reboot.

5) When your PC comes back up, go to the OOTP 10 home page and download the setup file again, and reinstall it. When you relaunch it you will have to relicense it real quick too, which it will prompt you to do.

6) Go back in to your user profile and into the OOTP folder in there, and archive the saved_games folder that was created upon reinstallation just so you have a backup to be on the safe side. After that, take the archive file that you created earlier, uncompress it, and copy it into the OOTP folder inside your user profile. After that, launch the game and it should work again. It did for me.

Who knows if this will work for everyone or if it will work permanently. One other thing to consider is that I deleted a bunch of my messages inside the saved_games folder before all of this. I have no clue if it was part of the solution but I doubt it. Either way, if you want to try that as well, they are easy to find. There is a messages folder inside the saved_games folder, and all of your messages are the text files in there. I had over 3000 built up when I deleted most of mine. So maybe it does do some good to clean it out.

To the mods - my files should still be on the ftp. I'm not sure what could have caused this since I restored my game using those same files after the reinstall and it worked. But if you find a bug in them please do let me know. I'm guessing the corruption was elsewhere though.
azazel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
battists
Hall Of Famer

Azazel, thanks very much for doing this. It could be very helpful in tracking down a long-term resolution for this issue.

Was anyone else able to resolve their issue by following these steps?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Azazel, thanks very much for doing this. It could be very helpful in tracking down a long-term resolution for this issue.

Was anyone else able to resolve their issue by following these steps?

Thanks,

Steve
Yes, I had a similar issue and it was resolved by following his instructions. Much thanks. BTW, the steps that caused the problem for me are as follows. I deleted my messages by clicking on the delete all messages button. I then played out a few games and had gotten some new messages but before reading them, the game hung on me and I had to exit the game without saving. Then when I went to reload, I couldn't open my inbox. Not sure if that helps any, but you may be able to trace what's going on from that.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
kevgrass
Bat Boy

This fix worked for me. Thanks.
kevgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
smackdab
Bat Boy

I am having the very same problem with my version of OOTP11 but i can tell you exactly what i did to make that happen. I signed carl crawford on my team, the cardinals, but when i went to move him from dfa&waivers to my active roster it wouldnt let me. So finally i changed the settings to computer (tony larussa, argh) so maybe he would find a way to get him on my roster before he was released. What ended up happening was that it released him. So i figured that i would just close the program and reload it from the last point it was saved and figure it out. Only after i did that it just kept crashing. So finally i unlicensed and uninstalled and reinstalled (but the old seasons were on my hd when i put the game back on) and the problem just kept happening, even on new and different seasons with different teams. I've searched and searched for a support phone number so maybe i could get some help, but reading these messages are about all I'm afforded and they arent helping very much. I dont know how to explain where a file is or what file is what and i have another much difficult time trying to find a folder that you tell me, so i'd have to know details, but i really need some help, i really couldnt afford the $40 in the first place, but my wife gave into me b/c i said it would save me some $ because it'd be all i do. I played a season and i love it, but now i want to play more and i gotta justify the purchase to my wife, help save an argument and see if you could walk me thru this. My email is sm_ack_ette@yahoo.com if i have trouble finding this post on here but i'm not an experienced thread writer either, if someone could pm me that'd be great i'll leave my acct logged in for a bit.
smackdab is offline   Reply With Quote