Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #21
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

If anyone has a listing (I thought there was one here quite a while back) that has the proper Team Abreviations for each year, I'll add them to the spreadsheet.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #22
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I just used the Teams.csv in Lahman
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #23
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
If anyone has a listing (I thought there was one here quite a while back) that has the proper Team Abreviations for each year, I'll add them to the spreadsheet.
Excellent. that would be a huge help for everyone.

I do not have them all off of the top of my head but they can be found in the teams page of the Lahman db

I know the following

1902 MLA to SLA
1903 BLA to NYA
1953 BSN to ML1
1954 SLA to BAL
1955 PHA to KC1
1958 BRO to LAN and NY1 to SFN

The expansion teams and post 1960 moves still need to be added. If you need help finding them PM me and I will track them down for you.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #24
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Ok, the spreadsheet is updated to include the Team Abbreviations.

For 1901 each team shows their abbreviation.

From 1902 on, the abbreviation is only beside the team name if it changed. It is bolded so it standsout a little.

Have a look and tell me if it's ok please.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #25
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
Ok, the spreadsheet is updated to include the Team Abbreviations.

For 1901 each team shows their abbreviation.

From 1902 on, the abbreviation is only beside the team name if it changed. It is bolded so it standsout a little.

Have a look and tell me if it's ok please.
Looks fine. thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #26
tward13
All Star Starter

This is great stuff guys. This quickstart along with the player photos in the other thread means I'm starting a historical sim tonight.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #27
rogmax11
All Star Starter

This will save me a ton of work when I finally d/l the game; thanks a zillion for all your efforts, it is hugely appreciated.

On a side note, and forgive me if this is not the place for the questions to follow, is it possible to combine fictional and historical players/teams in era-contextual leagues and have the stats resemble historical norms? Let me illustrate with what I want to accomplish:

I want to start in 1901 with the 16 original faranchises plus eight new ones to wind up with 2 leagues, 2 divisions, 6 teams per division, and have the requisite fictional players be indistinguishable from the historicals. I'll want to have minor leagues in some fashion, but nothing too complex ( AAA, AA, A works fine for me ), and I dont care if fictionals arise to be stars in the bigs. I'll want to draft historicals and fictionals going forward. I'll not have interleague, will have a WS, am uncertain about DH. I would want to have a set of non-static schedules to eliminate repetitious match-ups, and dont care about the financial aspects. In this iteration, do I have a hope of realizing this universe? I just dont want to deal with expansion issues, and once history catches up with my format I will most likely discontinue drafting any but historicals ( dont know for sure, will X the bridge when I get there ).

I guess this turned into a quasi-threadjack, for which I apologize to any folk who might be offended. Im asking you, TF, because of your experience, and because you are uncommonly helpful to the community, and Im feeling overwhelmed after reading through the guides/forums. Thanks in advance, even if you cant help me clarify things. Best wishes, R.
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #28
Shaner99
Minors (Single A)

Wow! Thanks alot for ALL the help with this Tiger Fan and especially BruceM with his very handy spreadsheet. Things like this make this game THAT much better. I appreciate it and keep up the good work!
Shaner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #29
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update to the spreadsheet Bruce. I was going to contact you and suggest something like that to make it easier for the new guys, but now I don't need to.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #30
jf7623
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
This thread has to be the most hopeful thread to date about the new version
jf7623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #31
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Will you be making a quickstart available for the Arod/Garlon database when it's done?

Does the use of "historical ID" mean we can set the abbreviation for the teams at whatever we want?

Since there's no more "continue to next season," when is the best time to make the changes to team names so players career stats and the history pages don't change the current/previous year?
Carplos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #32
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos

Does the use of "historical ID" mean we can set the abbreviation for the teams at whatever we want?

No, that ID is what the program uses to place each player to the team they played on. If you made up you own ID and it didn't match that of lahman (or whatever you are using), i believe those player called up for that year would go to free agent list instead of the team they origionally played for.
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #33
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein
No, that ID is what the program uses to place each player to the team they played on. If you made up you own ID and it didn't match that of lahman (or whatever you are using), i believe those player called up for that year would go to free agent list instead of the team they origionally played for.
I meant using whatever team abbreviation we want, not in the historical ID slot.
Carplos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #34
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein
I think what Carplos meant was that if Lehman uses 'Historical Team ID', then can the 'Abbreviation' (a seperate field) be set to anything the player wants. Logically, I'd guess yes; that the 'Abbreviation' is for display purposes only.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #35
Hyper_Chem
Minors (Single A)

General Strategic Tendencies

I remember that in 6.5 they were pretty much set up by era, and when you got to that era you just hit the button and they would change automatically.

Now i don't see that here, so does anybody have any idea what years to change what?

For example what year did closers become common?
Or when did the hit & run go out of style?

If anybody has an idea for a guide that would be great.

Thanks.

ps. the quickstart is awesome.

Last edited by Hyper_Chem; 06-02-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Hyper_Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #36
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Will you be making a quickstart available for the Arod/Garlon database when it's done?
Sure, I can certainly make one.

Quote:
If you mean the abbreviation column from the image below the answer is yes. It has no bearing whatsoever on the the database import. If you change the team City, nickname and abbreviation but left the historical ID at NYA then real life New York Yankees rookies will be assigned to this team. The historical ID is the only thing that must match the database for rookies to import properly. Note, if you are drafting rather than assigning rookies to the real team even the historical ID has no bearing on the rookie creation.

Quote:
Since there's no more "continue to next season," when is the best time to make the changes to team names so players career stats and the history pages don't change the current/previous year?
I always have done it on January 1st. As soon as I reach the end of the previous season I do it. The only exception is when you expand your league. For expansion you must wait until the phase called Preseason Begins comes up. It should occur in mid to late January.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-18-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #37
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Chem
I remember that in 6.5 they were pretty much set up by era, and when you got to that era you just hit the button and they would change automatically.

Now i don't see that here, so does anybody have any idea what years to change what?
I was kinda wondering about this too. Stuff like steals, h&r, rotation, ect. don't change automatically as years progress by chance, do they?
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #38
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Tiger Fan - a question for you.

I'm using your quick start but for some reason I keep getting a message that the DB cannot be found when the game goes to import the rookies. I've double checked and triple checked that the path is correct. I've pointed it to the folder where I have the Lahman DB.

Should I point it specifically to the Master.csv file, or just the folder like we did in previous versions?

Tks
Old 06-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #39
tward13
All Star Starter

Bruce, I had that problem, then I renamed the Lahman folder to "lahman53" and put it where the game is looking for it.

But it is looking for the folder and not a file.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #40
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13
Bruce, I had that problem, then I renamed the Lahman folder to "lahman53" and put it where the game is looking for it.

But it is looking for the folder and not a file.
I'll give that a try, thanks.