Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:13 PM   #1
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Filter Only Active Cards

On the screen Roster Management>Manage Inactive Cards>Collection-Manage cards, there are check boxes for "Only Display Inactive Cards" and "Hide Active Cards". It seems like these would be doing exactly the same thing. Was one of them meant to be reversed?

Is there any way to show only active cards on that screen?
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
On the screen Roster Management>Manage Inactive Cards>Collection-Manage cards, there are check boxes for "Only Display Inactive Cards" and "Hide Active Cards". It seems like these would be doing exactly the same thing. Was one of them meant to be reversed?

Is there any way to show only active cards on that screen?
There are three categories: Inactive, Reserve, and Active. "Only Display Inactive Cards" shows Inactive, but neither Reserve nor Active. "Hide Active Cards" shows Inactive and Reserve, but not Active. This has come up a couple times and I hope the devs now see how confusing this is.

What functionality do you want from showing only Active cards in Manage Cards, different from the active roster in the Roster Management screen?

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
What functionality do you want from showing only Active cards in Manage Cards, different from the active roster in the Roster Management screen?
I recently put together a spreadsheet containing all the ratings for all the unique cards I own (currently up to 1,195). Thanks to Lemandria for explaining how to use the report functions to do this relatively easily.

When I was done, I was left with a nearly empty reserve roster (except for a 27th card that I can't seem to make inactive due to roster restrictions). A convenient side effect of this is that whenever I obtain a card (whether from opening a pack, collection mission, or Auction House), it is added to the reserve roster and if it's a new card, I can just click on it from there and enter the ratings into my spreadsheet.

The original question comes from the step of changing those cards from Reserve to Inactive to clear out the list again. The only way I've found to do so is to move into "Manage Inactive Cards" and scroll through the thousands of cards in there to find that small handful of them to manually make inactive. It would be much easier if I could filter the list down so that only those Reserve roster cards showed up (or Active and Reserve roster cards together would be fine as well).
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I recently put together a spreadsheet containing all the ratings for all the unique cards I own (currently up to 1,195). Thanks to Lemandria for explaining how to use the report functions to do this relatively easily.

When I was done, I was left with a nearly empty reserve roster (except for a 27th card that I can't seem to make inactive due to roster restrictions). A convenient side effect of this is that whenever I obtain a card (whether from opening a pack, collection mission, or Auction House), it is added to the reserve roster and if it's a new card, I can just click on it from there and enter the ratings into my spreadsheet.

The original question comes from the step of changing those cards from Reserve to Inactive to clear out the list again. The only way I've found to do so is to move into "Manage Inactive Cards" and scroll through the thousands of cards in there to find that small handful of them to manually make inactive. It would be much easier if I could filter the list down so that only those Reserve roster cards showed up (or Active and Reserve roster cards together would be fine as well).
I, too, have resorted to the same system of cataloging cards on my reserve roster as I acquire them, and I would sell my dog for the ability to export the ratings of my entire collection. (I know this isn't possible at the moment, but I continue to hope that it will be soon, especially because everything except position experience is constant and does not require contacting the server.)

Until then, you should at least know you can mass-select and right-click in Roster Management to do any of the functions available in Manage Cards. But it might be nice to have Active/Reserve/Inactive checkboxes in Manage Cards instead of being limited to "Only Inactive" or "Hide Active". Cheers.

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #5
ultimatecarlos
Bat Boy

Quote:
The only way I've found to do so is to move into "Manage Inactive Cards" and scroll through the thousands of cards in there to find that small handful of them to manually make inactive.
Just right click on them in your reserve roster from the roster management page and select deactivate player. That way you don't have to do any scrolling.
ultimatecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote