Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
HerbD
All Star Reserve

How can I play without ghost players and keep full minors?

I have a 16 team fictional league with just three levels of minors(AAA,AA,A)

I filled and released teams in AA & A and then filled them again. So I have 1600 free agents and all minor league teams are full. It never fails as soon as opening day hits the teams release more than half of their minor leaguers.

How is it that the default MLB set up does not have this problem?

Can we get a setting that sets a minimum number of players for teams at levels instead of just a max?

Years past I have always just given in and turned on the ghost players.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
sdoug78
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I’m having exactly the same problem, after spending the last 4 days setting up a full custom fictional league with 30 MLB level teams, created logo’s jerseys and caps for those 30 teams and added a league for each minor league level from AAA to DSL equivalent.

At creation I went in to each level and filled all teams with fictional players and created 1600 fictional free agents (200 for each level) to cover injuries etc, and then on opening day half the minor league rosters are released and the game can’t continue unless I manually go back in and fill them.

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this and have put in too much time and effort creating this to just give up and start a fictional league using the MLB set up.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions why it might be doing this or if there is a setting I need to change, or something I may have missed.
sdoug78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We'd really need to see you guy's league files from a league having this problem.

https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...p-developments

Uploading to Dropbox or another sharing site and posting the link here would be fine as well.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
HerbD
All Star Reserve

GhostPlayers.lg is the name of the dat files I uploaded. It is at opening day with full minors but once you sim opening day then every team releases over half of their minor league players.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
GhostPlayers.lg is the name of the dat files I uploaded. It is at opening day with full minors but once you sim opening day then every team releases over half of their minor league players.
Thanks!

We'll take a look.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:39 PM   #6
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Any progress on this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #7
too_on_too_out
Minors (Triple A)

What are your "foreign players allowed" settings?

Others have reported the same issue and a fix appeared to be setting foreign players allowed to unlimited.
too_on_too_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_on_too_out View Post
What are your "foreign players allowed" settings?

Others have reported the same issue and a fix appeared to be setting foreign players allowed to unlimited.
it is set to none, I don't want any foreign players in my league

There are over 1600 free agents and none of my teams will fill the minors
Old 04-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #9
Vegas Vic
Minors (Double A)

I use the real life setup with all of the leagues enabled, and do not use ghost players. To get it to work, I had to change the "international scouting discoveries" from 11 (default) to 22. I also bumped up the international complex size from 50 players to 60. If you don't take these two steps, after a few seasons those teams with two DSL teams won't have enough players to fill out their rosters and you'll start getting the error messages.

That's the only changes I had to make, and my test league is running fine after 50 years with no error messages.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #10
HerbD
All Star Reserve

I am using a custom fictional league with just three levels of minors. I've filled every team with players. As soon as I sim opening day the AI starts releasing players and they don't stop until the AAA is full, AA has maybe 10 players, and A empty.

I've messed with a lot of settings to try and get this to work but nothing seems to help.

This did not start with OOTP21...same problems existed in the past few versions I just didn't put it on the board. We have minor league roster max as an option, I'd like to see minor league roster min added. That would fix this problem.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #11
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

I had a similar problem. Not so much the AI releasing players, just not distributing players to the lower levels. My league is a historical with fictional players and 3 levels of minors, plus international complex. Allow incomplete minor leagues is unchecked.

The AI would put 40+ players at AAA, 30+ at AA and only 10-15 at A. Roster size for each league was set to unlimited. I changed that to 35/35/40, but the AI would max out AAA and AA, leaving A with a handful of guys.

Finally, set roster limits to 25/30/40 and AAA and AA are all at their limit. Single A varies from 21 to 37. Much better, but, it would be nice if there was a minimum roster size, so they'd all have at least 25.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote