Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Rule 5 Draft AI is pathetic

We've been asking for this for years. Just saw Vidal Brujan, #27 overall prospect, (and Sam Huff #62) unprotected in the Rule V Draft.

One small example in ONE single draft. PLEASE FIX this bug where the CPU teams refuse to protect their best players.
Attached Images

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #2
cit96
Bat Boy

Similar issue with own team's AI

I've twice picked great young players in the Rule 5 Draft only to have my own team's AI remove them from the 40-man roster and send them back when Opening Day comes around. First was RF Julio Rodriguez, who had 4.5 star potential and was 2.5 current ability, so like you've said he should never have been available in the first place, but before he was sent back he was ranked 16th in the Top 100. With his current ability he was at least ready to be the back up, as hes' a good fielder, so why on earth the AI thought to remove him from the roster and leave in some unimportant 2.5 star CA/PA players I don't know. Then the following year the same thing happened with Everson Pereira, who was only 2.5/3.0 CA/PA, but that was good enough to be my starting CF, as the next best was 2.5/2.5. By the time Spring Training came around he had improved to 3.0/3.5, so I thought surely he won't be released, but of course he was! I really don't get this logic, and if there's a way to get an alert about a Rule 5 pick being sent back I would like to know.
cit96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:25 AM   #3
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
It seems to me from my researching a few things in OOTP, the AI does a poor job of protecting young talent, like the 22 and 23 year olds on your list. Plus, TB is a brutal team to manage with the Rule V draft as they have such an incredibly deep farm system top to bottom. While Brujan and Fox are absolutely solid players, Lowe is locked into a long extension, Adames is a big time player... So Maybe the AI doesn't see a place currently for Brujan.

The True weakness of the AI is failing to see logjams like that and to trade from them to get players it may need at weaker positions
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote