Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
profsnape
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exclamation Draft pool age problem

When I set both the "created player age" minimum and maximum to 14. The resulted draft pool produces players of 30-plus years of age.

Next year's draft pool is consistently one or two years younger, at 29 to 31 years of age.

Year 3's draft pool is again one or two years younger, at 27 or 28 years of age.

Year 4's draft pool gives my intended age, which are 14-year-old high school freshmen, but when they become draft eligible, they will be 18-year-olds. Furthermore, I set both the "draft HS target pct" and the "draft juco target pct" at 0%. If the entire draft class are 3-year college students, then the year-4 draft pool should consist of high school seniors instead of high school freshmen, right?

What I intended to do is create 14-year-old college students (I know it sounds weird, I'm doing this to make prospects all reach the majors at around 18). This worked fine in OOTP 20, so I am guessing the bug occurs because now we have 4 years of draft pools instead of one. It would be great if you guys could add age options for draft targets under the "draft target pct" option. Thanks.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
profsnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
profsnape
Minors (Rookie Ball)

International Complex

Speaking of the age issue, it would be nice if there is an option to change the age limit to the international complex and the age limit of international signing. For example, I would like to have 12-year-old signings and they have to be promoted from the complex by age 14.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
profsnape
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Schools and hometowns

Another problem is that in the previous versions, players usually attend to schools that are geographically close to their cities of birth, which I very much appreciate. This year, however, schools and hometowns seem to be not related any more. Could you guys change it back to make them geographically close to each other?
Attached Images
Old 03-26-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

I'm having this same issue. I run my leagues where players can only play to a certain age (I have had to do this manually the past couple versions since the game hasn't handled players aging out the way I want it to since 17, not sure about this year's game for that yet), so I want them to all come in at the age of 20. First try and the youngest player in the draft class is 39.

Looking down the line, it would seem the players in the most-recently-created pool of prospects (three years down the line) are created to my specifications, meaning they're all 19-20 years old right now. So I'll probably have to manually populate the next couple drafts with prospects and maybe tweak my creation age for now so that those players are 20 when they hit the draft.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

To follow up on this, I retired my next draft class hoping the game would populate it with appropriately-aged players on the draft pool reveal since it did that for a draft class a few years down the line, but it once again created players aged 39-45.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks for the reports, this has been fixed and should be in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
gopherguy75
Bat Boy

30+ Year Olds in Draft Class

I am still getting 30+ year olds in my draft pools.
Anyway to fix that?
Attached Images
gopherguy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherguy75 View Post
Anyway to fix that?

in commish mode, you can manually edit the ages when the draft pool is released.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherguy75 View Post
Anyway to fix that?
This should have been fixed in the various updates over the summer, although draft pool players are created potentially some years ahead of time in-game, so if you started the game in April and have only now reached the draft, you may still have the same issue as before. In which case, yeah, simply deleting those old draftables and letting the game recreate the draft pool (which it will do on draft day if there are not enough players in there) would be an easy fix. Or if there are enough younger players anyways to be picked, then you can ignore it and those players will likely go FA or retire.

Otherwise, if it's not a leftover effect from before, then would need to know if you are using feeders or not, and what is listed for the created player ages in the league settings. We'll follow those settings, so if you have it listed to create players 30+, then your draft will include some players 30+.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote