Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
Hicany252
Bat Boy

Is Go gone??

The lack of MLB Manager 19 and now 20 is making this look like there is a big miss on the reality that the more casual OOTP user (that prefers a tablet) is being ignored. This should have been an exciting new and growing market for OOTP. Updates impatiently responded to w ambiguous answers doesn’t bode well for continued support. Games like this have a much longer shelf life if tabletized. Ease and convenience will always trump all capabilities.
Hicany252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:59 AM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Markus has stated in the forums and in recent broadcasts that GO is still a GO. But he refuses to hint at a release date.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicany252 View Post
The lack of MLB Manager 19 and now 20 is making this look like there is a big miss on the reality that the more casual OOTP user (that prefers a tablet) is being ignored. This should have been an exciting new and growing market for OOTP. Updates impatiently responded to w ambiguous answers doesn’t bode well for continued support. Games like this have a much longer shelf life if tabletized. Ease and convenience will always trump all capabilities.
For you maybe, I am willing to guess the Core OOTP Audience would never accept a dumb down version only
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I basically want Go for one reason and one reason only - to check on my Perfect Team teams when I'm away from my desktop.

OOTP has been going on for 21 years now. I'm not sure how much longer shelf life you want.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think it is still a go. I am very excited to see it come especially with the 3D addition.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
Hicany252
Bat Boy

Core?

You're correct if "core" was all you wanted
Old 03-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
Hicany252
Bat Boy

Everyone has their own use case and reasons to participate. It's individual in that regard. We all have to manage our time. I honestly have never used the PC version. I'm almost afraid to, as I'm certain it would consume even more time and devotion. It looks amazing. I just would like an updated version of what I'm conformable with on tablet. 2+ years seems like a long wait for that but I also understand that the development team is also strapped by time also. Not sure what the right answer is, but I do know what I would like. A tablet version that is consistently up to date. Of course what I want and what is available can be two different things.

Last edited by Hicany252; 03-17-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
For you maybe, I am willing to guess the Core OOTP Audience would never accept a dumb down version only
I think they would. There is room for both. In truth I have young friends who only play the 2018 tablet edition. They are on the move and love the ease of it. I would personally get both. Especially with it coming in 3D it could be a great seller. Best of both worlds for me.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #9
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I think they would. There is room for both. In truth I have young friends who only play the 2018 tablet edition. They are on the move and love the ease of it. I would personally get both. Especially with it coming in 3D it could be a great seller. Best of both worlds for me.😁
Agreed. Back in the day I used to play PureSim. The simplified game and interface was much more attractive to me than the complicated game and interface of OOTP.
redfox000 is offline   Reply With Quote