Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

Do this, do that, how do I get the negro leagues

Forgive me as I don't get it. Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to:
a) Run a negro leagues league
b) have negro leagues players in the draft or as free agents

I might be dumb (I accept that), but I just can't figure it out. Maybe there is a tell-all post but I haven't seen it. So, if you can please give me step by step instructions to the 2 questions above, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

a) there is no negro leagues league. They are part of the minor leagues in ootp and come into existence in 1920 if you have use real minors set to yes.

b) turn off the color barrier and they will be in the draft.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

i recall someone saying that you could create them in fictional but i guess he was mistaken? The check box option definitely is removed from there
Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
a) there is no negro leagues league. They are part of the minor leagues in ootp and come into existence in 1920 if you have use real minors set to yes.

As to b) turn off the color barrier and they will be in the draft....Since you have to have Historical Minors turned on to have the Negro Leagues, how many players will be draft eligible if you turn on the draft?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
As to b) turn off the color barrier and they will be in the draft....Since you have to have Historical Minors turned on to have the Negro Leagues, how many players will be draft eligible if you turn on the draft?
All the rookies be they MiLB, NeL, or something else.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #6
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

This bums me out since great negro league and Cuban league players existed prior to 1920.

Also, forgive me if this was asked somewhere, what ID do we use to individually import negro players?

Owner, New York Knights, TTBL

Last edited by railroad_ross; 07-06-2017 at 01:02 PM.
railroad_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroad_ross View Post
This bums me out since great negro league and Cuban league players existed prior to 1920.

Also, forgive me if this was asked somewhere, what ID do we use to individually import negro players?
With 'Import Real Historical Minors' checked off...

#1: You WILL get pre-1920 Negro League players imported into your league via draft. IIRC they import as early as the 1890s and 1900s, maybe some in the 1880s. The majority of the notable NLB names tend to be around 1905-1935 range though.

#2: The Negro League itself will NOT start until 1920 and will be its own independent league within the minor league system. Players who are drafted/signed as FAs in MLB CAN sign/jump to the Negro League and vice versa, which is a cool sight to see (in so much as they don't just vanish).

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 07-06-2017 at 01:14 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

So, in order to get the Negro League players, you are forced to use all minor league players? It would really be nice to have an option to get only the negro league players. I usually play without minors (& enable reserve roster). Am I missing something/some way to get only the historical major league players and Negro League players?
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown View Post
So, in order to get the Negro League players, you are forced to use all minor league players? By default, yes It would really be nice to have an option to get only the negro league players. I usually play without minors (& enable reserve roster). Am I missing something/some way to get only the historical major league players and Negro League players?
Nothing is what you are missing. You can however import players one by one if you like or via a text file.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-06-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Nothing is what you are missing. You can however import players one by one if you like or via a text file.
I can't seem to make this work. Do these players have a special ID format?

For example trying to import Rube Foster in 1917 I keep ending up with the MLB Rube Foster even if I change the number designation (the import fails with an ID of Fosteru99) Also Andrew Foster doesn't work. I've tried with numerous Negro League players and not been able to import any.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:26 AM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroad_ross View Post
I can't seem to make this work. Do these players have a special ID format? Yes

See Attached list.

There is a bug for players who debuted before 1920 in that many won't import anymore. It might get fixed in the next update.
Attached Files
File Type: csv NegroLeaguePlayerList .csv (153.5 KB, 420 views)
Old 07-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
See Attached list.

There is a bug for players who debuted before 1920 in that many won't import anymore. It might get fixed in the next update.
Yup, everybody I tried to import was pre-1920. That's for the help and the great list.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:27 AM   #13
italyprof
All Star Reserve

I set up a league in 1939 with historical minors. I want to run a fantasy draft with all historical minor league and Negro League players in it, so that many will be on major league rosters when the war comes (I am keeping "have players retire and miss seasons as they did historically" so that the rosters for the war years should have more openings).

BUT....I can't find the prompt to let me eliminate the color barrier. What League Setting is it? Players? Rules? Options? Historical? I don't see it anywhere. Is it possible that it is not giving me this prompt because in previously created games (as recently as yesterday) I eliminated the color barrier, so it is taking it as a default setting that it is always off? (that would be fine but I doubt that is how it works). Thanks.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

On the Rules page - left side - halfway down
Old 08-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #15
MrMoose
Bat Boy

Trying to Confirm Location of Color Barrier Setting

Spritze, I found your response at the end of this thread that says the Color Barrier setting is "about halfway down the left side" of the League\Rules, but I don't see this in my game.

I created a fictional league with the express purpose of importing the historical database in a "parallel league" (following the step-by-step instructions of another forum members post). I really wanted to see the full database membership (settings were made to include Import Real Minor Leagues (1915+).

However, when I look at the League\Rules page of either my fictional league (nicknamed GBL) or the historical import league (which is, by default, MLB), I do not find this setting...and none of the Negro Leagues players were included in the historical database import. Please see the attached screen shot of my League Settings from MLB in OOTP 18.

What am I missing? Oh, and a search of the online manual for "color barrier" reveals nothing; it only lists links where the word "color" appears...not very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any further clarification you can provide.
Attached Images
MrMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

OOTP19 SCREENSHOT ATTACHED. 3rd from the bottom on the left.

I don't not never have played no fictional league so insight is what I do not have there.
Attached Images