Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #61
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

I thought the online scripts had to be updated on the server...not on the computer...?

Do you have a working copy of the files that need to go in the /online_scripts on the computer?

We have done multiple delete/reinstall/upload/unpack operations, all starting from scratch.

I can start it again, but to make sure that we have all the right tools, can you post the files that I would need to have both in /online_scripts on the computer as well as the right script files that need to go on the computer.

I will delete the database and create a new one again and delete everything that is in the /league_reports folder on the server so that we can have a fresh start. Just need the right files.

I will test this out with the files you give me, if that doesn't work, then I guess we'll get in touch via PM to try and figure this out.
PBCA Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #62
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCA Commish View Post
I thought the online scripts had to be updated on the server...not on the computer...?

Do you have a working copy of the files that need to go in the /online_scripts on the computer?

We have done multiple delete/reinstall/upload/unpack operations, all starting from scratch.

I can start it again, but to make sure that we have all the right tools, can you post the files that I would need to have both in /online_scripts on the computer as well as the right script files that need to go on the computer.

I will delete the database and create a new one again and delete everything that is in the /league_reports folder on the server so that we can have a fresh start. Just need the right files.

I will test this out with the files you give me, if that doesn't work, then I guess we'll get in touch via PM to try and figure this out.
The files in the opening post are the correct files. They have to be on the local computer because they will be uploaded to the server if you let OOTP upload them. If you don't let OOTP upload them, you would have to save them on the server. Sorry for the confusion.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #63
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Sent you a pm.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #64
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Alright, thanks for the FTP access. First let's check whether the .htaccess file does what it's supposed to do:
I added a file hallo.php to your league_reports folder and this rewrite condition to the .htaccess file:

RedirectPermanent /league_reports/test.php http://www.sblootp.net/league_reports/hallo.php

When navigating to http://www.sblootp.net/league_reports/test.php I was forwarded to hallo.php, so the redirect works. PHP worked as well.
Still, links like these just returned a "file not found":
Home

I added echo "hello world"; to the index PHP file, but it was not displayed when trying to open Home

So the .htaccess file obviously does not redirect the URLs to the index.php file. Something most be wrong with the redirect. After looking a bit closer at the rewrite rules, I figured that the paths were not correct. It was
RewriteRule ^box_scores/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=e&name=$1' [L]

/public_html is not part of the URL so it makes no sense here. In OOTP 16, that's the last text box in the "Create PHP server script files", "path to reports folder".

So for similar issues we should always remember to compare the examples in that dialog with the own settings.
Good luck and have fun with your online league!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #65
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

So...does this mean that everything is working fine now? Do we need to change anything in the paths in game now that you have fixed the .htaccess file?

I just don't want to have the same problems arise if the commish goes and updates the website on his next sim.

/public_html was added in the path because otherwise, OOTP would upload the files in /league_reports, which is was at the same level as the root of the website, therefore making the reports unavailable as they needed to be in /public_html/league_reports.

Also, if I want to solve this problem for the second commish I was helping out, what files should I look for to change? Just the .htaccess?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #66
Andreas Raht
Administrator

You need to edit the settings in the "Create PHP server script files" (in this case "path to reports folder")
Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #67
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
You need to edit the settings in the "Create PHP server script files" (in this case "path to reports folder")
and just remove public_html?

After I do that the Commish will be able to run his sims normally and reports will update just fine?
Old 03-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #68
Andreas Raht
Administrator

If all settings are correct, and if the server supports everything 100%, yes, then it should work.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #69
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Well, that didn't work. Removing the public_html portion of the path to reports folder DID NOT WORK.

Doing that uploaded all the reports to the root folder (/) making it inaccessible from the web, instead of uploading everything in (/)public_html/league_reports where it's supposed to be.

So, once again, we are adding public_html to the path to the reports folder to see if that will work...I am ready to be that the answer to that will be a big NO.

Why oh WHY is it so complicated to setup the reports for a league when it was so simple to have it installed on mine...?

Last edited by PBCA Commish; 03-02-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #70
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

And finally, having the public_html part in the path to reports folder worked perfectly in the end.

Even though you were not 100% right, I have to thank you Andreas for your help...we had been hitting our heads on the walls for weeks trying to figure this out!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #71
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Honestly, if I had to run a league and update the reports by uploading files one by one, I wouldn't Commish a league. Who in their right mind wants to jam their OOTP game for 1-2 hours if not more uploading reports? No one. The whole sim operation using the database reports takes less than 10 minutes...why use an option that would take hours to run?
Just a suggestion for those not using MYSQL and uploading the reports one by one (if you can do use MYSQL, much faster but there may be reasons you can't). I used to do the file by file upload. I would generate the reports in-game but not use the game to upload them. After generating them I would use FileZilla to upload them. Still took hours but it doesn't tie up the game for that time.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-02-2016 at 11:12 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #72
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Example settings from my test league:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 AM   #73
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
And finally, having the public_html part in the path to reports folder worked perfectly in the end.

Even though you were not 100% right, I have to thank you Andreas for your help...we had been hitting our heads on the walls for weeks trying to figure this out!
I'm often wrong, but in this case I'm quite sure that I'm right Which text box in the screenshots above neded the public_html? I guess you mean the "target path on server" text box in the smaller image? That's not the text box I was talking about.

The problem here seems to be that the FTP root on your account is not the same folder as the HTTP root. On my server, it's the same. And that's why this seems to be so complicated - there are endless possibilities how the server can be configured...
Old 03-03-2016, 06:39 AM   #74
Andreas Raht
Administrator

If you have PHP warnings on your web pages and cannot fix the cause of the warnings, you can disable them in your web site admin panel. Or with some PHP code in the PHP script that causes the warning. Or you could add a command to the .htaccess file to stop the warnings.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #75
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

I would like to thank the OOTP team for all their help and willingness to help. After several frustrating hours for me and someone else we figured everything out. Thank you for helping out a customer who has had OOTP since I believe OOTP 6 but maybe even before that. I love OOTP and love running online leagues as a commish. My guilt pleasure in life is OOTP!
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #76
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Last edited by PBCA Commish; 03-08-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #77
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
I'm often wrong, but in this case I'm quite sure that I'm right Which text box in the screenshots above neded the public_html? I guess you mean the "target path on server" text box in the smaller image? That's not the text box I was talking about.

The problem here seems to be that the FTP root on your account is not the same folder as the HTTP root. On my server, it's the same. And that's why this seems to be so complicated - there are endless possibilities how the server can be configured...
Path to reports folder in the last box on the right.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:37 AM   #78
motnagoh79
Bat Boy

Hello I'm having a problem getting my league website to update. For several sims the website would not update to the new game date, even though the game was showing it being successfully uploaded and decompressed. New league files are still being created and can be downloaded. I dumped the SQL tables as described earlier in this thread, and it has not seemed to help. I was referred here with the following message:

The reports archive is empty. It also has an error in it. Sorry. I wish I knew what caused that. I do not. Please send your archive to Andreas Rhat over on the OOTP boards. He should be able to troubleshoot the game error for us.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
motnagoh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #79
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Looks like everything worked fine but a few issues...

I have this at the top of every page:
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home3/robmeister89/public_html/UBA/reports/index.php on line 6

Also, some images are not showing up.. are they not uploaded with the rest of the pages?

EDIT: Fixed the error by adding an @ symbol before mysql_connect. Still not sure why some images are missing.

Last edited by Robmeister89; 01-30-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote