Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

Anybody having this problem?

Drafting a player in the rural 5 draft and when the season begins, the player goes back to his original team and taken off your team.
pitch62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
timmermac
Major Leagues

Are you demoting the player to the minor leagues? Rule 5 draftees must stay on the Major League roster all season. Otherwise, they are automatically returned to the organization they came from.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

Rural 5 draft

No. I'm drafting the player. Placing him on the roster and he stays there til the season starts. When the season starts, he goes back to his original team. I don't know why, but he's gone.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
Reggie
Major Leagues

Yes this happened to me. The game wouldn't move forward so I had to go to his original team and release him so I could put him back on my team. Then ( don't know if it was related ) my whole league became unusable. I tried to restore from backup but I ended up just starting over. This was on a league I transferred from 18.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
timmermac
Major Leagues

When the regular season starts, would he have stayed on your active roster? If so, this is a bug. If not, then this is normal behavior. Please check if the player is back with his original organization.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

Rural 5 draft

This has happened several times now. The player was placed in the draft by San Diego. I picked him up and placed him on the main roster. He stayed on my team up until the season started. When it started, he was back with San Diego and long gone from my team. It has to be a bug. It happens every season for me, where I draft someone and he goes back to his original team.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:38 PM   #7
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

There are still a few bugs that should be fixed in next patch
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #8
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Did you guys post this in the bug forum?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Can you post a screenshot of the player(s) in question on the 25-man roster before opening day and on opening day. Do you manually trim the roster down before OD? If not I suspect that the AI is returning the player because there is no room on the OD roster. Screenshots will tell us what happened.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

I don't cut the roster manually. I will try that when my next season starts and see if it happens again. Thanks for that thought. I let my computer manager do the cutting and next time I'll do it and see what happens.