Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #41
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

try this link:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3636

lots of logos made by some VERY talent persons. might find some that fit your needs.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #42
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i always restructure the mlb and make some changes for the good of competition.

also, i even out he minors just so that the #'s don't get whacky.. .some times with 50-60 and others with ~30. since some teams ahve extra teams at a particular level, the draft must supply enough for the largest system... and smaller system gets bloated.

i stick to real teams becaue i don't like fictional logos... they typically look cartoonish in coparison.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #43
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
Try setting up a fictional league and mass-simming 25 (or even just 5!) years, then jumping in. This way you'll have stats on players instead of just ratings.
One other way is to sim one season at a time, but manually do the award voting yourself. It doesn't take long to get to know the best players in your leagues and you can jump in and take over a franchise at anytime.

Also, use the shortlists feature to track different players. That way you can get news about certain guys whether they're former 1st overall picks, or active hof candidates etc.

Last edited by Ktulu; 04-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #44
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I have about 300 hours logged into OOTP 18/19 and I have not even touched the MLB side of things. It's all been spent perfecting my fictional league. It's fun watching history unfold.
Attached Images
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #45
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I do leagues where I use the leaguewide stats, teams, uniforms, and so on of real life teams but make all the characters fictional. I feel like it gives you a good idea of what it might have felt like to be a manager back then.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #46
drhay53
Major Leagues

I first got OOTP in 2016. Played around with real MLB for a few seasons, but found that I didn't like that there were some records that would just never be broken.

So I started a fictional league. I painstakingly went through and assigned team nicknames, uniforms, and home stadiums. Then I took over a team and off I went.

I'm in the 19th season of the league and players are starting to go into the HoF. As long as leagues carry over from year to year, I will never play any other league but this one. I have too much invested. I know all the players, all the teams and their histories, all the rivalries, all the teams that overpay for veterans and all the ones that make a run once every 5 years then have to trade everyone away and start over.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #47
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I have about 300 hours logged into OOTP 18/19 and I have not even touched the MLB side of things. It's all been spent perfecting my fictional league. It's fun watching history unfold.
Nice Uni's - are you located on the east coast by any chance?

Last edited by Bluenoser; 04-12-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #48
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Nice Uni's - are you located on the east coast by any chance?
That's exactly where I am. Also as you can tell that's where my fictional team is based.

The teams are

Halifax Schooners
Dartmouth Dynamo
Stephenville Jets
St. John's Fog Devils
Truro Stars
Bridgewater Bombers
Charlottetown Islanders
Yarmouth Gold Sox
Sydney Tigers
Fredericton Heat
Beford Bears
Moncton WildCats

Last edited by krownroyal83; 04-12-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #49
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

yeah,Brooklyn :P
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #50
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's exactly where I am. Also as you can tell that's where my fictional team is based.

The teams are

Halifax Schooners
Dartmouth Dynamo
Stephenville Jets
St. John's Fog Devils
Truro Stars
Bridgewater Bombers
Charlottetown Islanders
Yarmouth Gold Sox
Sydney Tigers
Fredericton Heat
Beford Bears
Moncton WildCats
Nice - I've replicated (to some extent) the NSSBL in OOTP a few times. I always add a 6th team in Yarmouth to make scheduling easier.

Another one of the many things that makes OOTP so awesome - being able to play your local league.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #51
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Where did you get that Heat uniform? I have been trying to get one to look like that and I suck at it.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #52
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
Where did you get that Heat uniform? I have been trying to get one to look like that and I suck at it.
I made it using a jersey creator
Attached Images
Old 04-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #53
Reggie
Major Leagues

Okie doke.. just discovered this. Made a uniform in about 4 minutes. Wasn't very good but I was just seeing how it worked. I may never play an actual game again because I will be making uniforms.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=259777
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #54
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Okie doke.. just discovered this. Made a uniform in about 4 minutes. Wasn't very good but I was just seeing how it worked. I may never play an actual game again because I will be making uniforms.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=259777
There is a better one then that. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=247172
Old 04-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #55
DB930
Major Leagues

I've loved the history of baseball since I was a kid, learning about all the old-time players, the successes and failures of the various franchises, etc. And OOTP was exactly the kind of baseball game I always dreamed of: where I could start in any given year, and see what guys like Shoeless Joe or Sandy Koufax could've done if they'd kept playing...

But while I tried to play like that for a few years and a few versions of the game, I was never really satisfied with how it turned out (not the game's fault, just the fortunes of randomness). It was just too frustrating to watch guys like Christy Mathewson or Walter Johnson break into the league, have a few decent years as a starter, then get demoted to middle-relief and eventually retire in bullpen obscurity with ~100 lifetime wins.

Eventually I made the switch to fictional players, and I've never looked back. I just find it way more fun when I don't have any preconceived notions about how these guys "should" do. And I still get to satisfy my love for MLB history by using the real teams, the real uniforms, the real parks... But now I have all new players to learn about and become interested in.

(I'll still play a little bit of historical, too, but now it's just single-season replays rather than an attempting an ongoing career league.)
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #56
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Oh boy.. in 6 months I will stumble outside for the 1st time looking like a caveman unable to handle the sun light.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #57
hoffspur
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I used to think people who played fictional leagues were a bit odd. Why would you do that when you had so much of the real thing to use in the game? I tried making a fictional league and couldn't get past a few games. Was just too foreign to me.. didn't know the players..no history no nuthin to get me into it.

Then I got a little bored with my MLB team during a long slump so I took another shot at fictional. 12 fictional seasons later and I'm kind of sad that I can't see myself playing with real players again. Not sure how this happened.
This is similar to my story as well. I feel like the biases/expectations that are attached to modern, or even historical, names is a big part of playing those two game modes. Playing fictional allows the game to shine through, in my opinion.

It also makes online leagues more interesting because it makes GMs value players purely on their performance and ratings, not what's expected of them because their name is Ruth, Mantle, or Trout.

Last edited by hoffspur; 04-16-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: clarification
hoffspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #58
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
It is really easy to get addicted to fictional in my opinion. Especially, if you are a serial world builder/league creator. Which I am absolutely guilty of.
Glad I'm not the only one, I love thinking up the alignments and minor league affiliates and finding the logos at least as much as I love playing. I don't usually finish a season before the next version comes out

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #59
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
Glad I'm not the only one, I love thinking up the alignments and minor league affiliates and finding the logos at least as much as I love playing. I don't usually finish a season before the next version comes out
Yep that is part of the fun for me also. Just finished adding in my NCAA feeder with all correct unis and logo's.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #60
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
Can't count how many times I've said this one is going to be my forever league.. then a short time later I see someone else doing something that looks like a lot of fun and I start over.

Like finding those uniform creators and then seeing krownroyal83 uniforms and logos... I'm thinking I have never put that much effort into creating my uniforms. I'm fighting the urge to start over right now.