Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Recte44
Global Moderator

OOTP 17 Manual

Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

Please, if you find anything that is incorrect, out of date, or missing; let us know in this thread so that it can be addressed as we move forward.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #2
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

The part on how to modify and customize the default OOTP universe has been definitely out of date for the past 6 years!

Here's the link: Nations, Cities, and Player Origins
Old 09-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Ooh, I'm going to like this thread.

"Importing a game can take some time. The larger your league is, and the more history it has, the longer it will take. When importing a game, you might want to set aside a chunk of time for the import process."

You might want to add a blurb how if you move images and almanacs manually, it will significantly reduce the time to import.

"You can import a game file at any time during your game's calendar year. However, for league consistency, we recommend converting after your last playoff game, before proceeding to the offseason."

Where did this come from? The only thing I ever read from Markus or Matt was that it didn't really matter when you imported. Who is we?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

well this is officially the most ignored sticky thread ever

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 10-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
well this is officially the most ignored sticky thread ever
Not true. Go look at the Dynasty Writers and Blogs thread.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #6
Recte44
Global Moderator

Pile on, folks. I'm volunteering my time to make this thing great, I need the community input !

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

and you'll only have to wait a month and a half to get some kind of response

Old 10-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

how about clearer back-up and restore directions? i've struggled with this even though i've managed to figure it out over time.

RchW did a fabulous job (posting pics) starting with this link ....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4084018

maybe that could be in the manual?

Or possibly alternate ways of backing-up/restoring, such as RchW also explained in a post a bit down from the previous one.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4084018

point being, from posts on the board, there seems to be a lot of confusion with some people on exactly how to back up and restore. Any clarification would be great. Thanks, Just my 2 cents worth.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:04 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Editing OOTPB's XML File

was going to try and do some in game text editing ... or at least look at the possibility. The manual says:

"Additionally, OOPTB community member halos17 has created a neat tool for Windows users, that has a slick graphical interface for editing OOTPB's text. You can download the program here. We highly recommend this program for Windows users. It has a slick interface that makes editing the XML file much easier than editing manually" - the bold is mine, but that's the line i am talking about.

however there is no link to any text editor there. i tried looking on the mods section and might have missed it, but couldn't find one there either.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 10-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #10
TomVeal
All Star Starter

The manual would be more useful to novice players if it included step-by-step examples of how to perform various functions: how to set up a league, how to create or alter a schedule, how to expand an existing league, etc.

Also, why not disclose the formula that the game uses to calculate Overall and Potential ratings? Those numbers are derived from other numbers. In real life, a scout would tell a team what specific factors led him to rate A at four stars and B at two. In the game, that is murky. (It would also be handy if the game would let players create their own evaluation formulas, though that suggestion goes beyond the manual.)
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #11
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
was going to try and do some in game text editing ... or at least look at the possibility. The manual says:

"Additionally, OOPTB community member halos17 has created a neat tool for Windows users, that has a slick graphical interface for editing OOTPB's text. You can download the program here. We highly recommend this program for Windows users. It has a slick interface that makes editing the XML file much easier than editing manually" - the bold is mine, but that's the line i am talking about.

however there is no link to any text editor there. i tried looking on the mods section and might have missed it, but couldn't find one there either.
The tool has been obsolete since OOTP8 or so.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:42 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
The tool has been obsolete since OOTP8 or so.
that may explain why i couldn't find it. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #13
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

From the "Team Financial Model"

Draft Budget
The draft budget operates independently from the rest of the financesand is "use it or lose it". However, if you exceed your draft budget it will impact on your finances to the extent of that excess

I was under the impression that any money left over went back into the budget? I thought this was a fairly recent change so if this was copied from previous manuals, it wasn't updated. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong though. Also, highlighted a typo/space missing.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote