Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Preorder Give-aways

Markus,

I think it is really cool for you drop a couple of winners as above-average prospects into the game for those who preorder. I would like to see one more easter egg though, if possible.

Can we get you into the game? As a fringe.

I think it would be fun to see who had the best Marcus Harris.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Markus,

I think it is really cool for you drop a couple of winners as above-average prospects into the game for those who preorder. I would like to see one more easter egg though, if possible.

Hey, no more fake players in the roster set The announcement about the winners being in the draft class nearly gave me a stroke as it is. More fake players would probably kill me
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Hey, no more fake players in the roster set The announcement about the winners being in the draft class nearly gave me a stroke as it is. More fake players would probably kill me
Remind me not to take you to a party full of blonde strippers.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Remind me not to take you to a party full of blonde strippers.
Don't take me to a party full of blond strippers.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:

problem, is he probably already forgot by now.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:

I thought everyone knew that lukas loves strippers with red hair. What do they actually teach in school these days?
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #7
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
I thought everyone knew that lukas loves strippers with red hair. What do they actually teach in school these days?
red >brown>black>white>25 any other colors>blonde
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I concur! Luckily, I'm likely going to be importing my MLB league and only starting fictional leagues anew, so I don't have to worry about it. I love the concept, but hate it at the same time.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Markus,

it is simply gimmicks like this why I absolutely hate kickstarter projects. I am completely against ideas like this. If it affects the experience and ruins the immersion in even a minimal way for others, I will always be against it.

Nope, I'll just take my ipad thank you. American Amazon gift cards don't work in Canada

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-26-2014 at 01:48 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
it is simply gimmicks like this why I absolutely hate kickstarter projects. I am completely against ideas like this. If it affects the experience and ruins the immersion in even a minimal way for others, I will always be against it.

Nope, I'll just take my ipad thank you. American Amazon gift cards don't work in Canada
Hey, look at it this way: Up till now every year that we've been able to put real prospects into the draft, we've never come close to filling the draft with real players and thus always had a ton of fake players in the initial draft in the MLB roster set. This year, if all goes well, we will fill the draft with real players but there will only be three fakes, the contest winners. I'd call that pretty darn good.

That not even taking into account that we're also going to have real players in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts as part of the MLB roster set this year as well.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Hey, look at it this way: Up till now every year that we've been able to put real prospects into the draft, we've never come close to filling the draft with real players and thus always had a ton of fake players in the initial draft in the MLB roster set. This year, if all goes well, we will fill the draft with real players but there will only be three fakes, the contest winners. I'd call that pretty darn good.

That not even taking into account that we're also going to have real players in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts as part of the MLB roster set this year as well.
Good work.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

My problem too is where it leads to. Pay $100 and get a pic of you in the game, pay 500 and get this and that. I don't think ootp will get to that but what was suggested is the very first step. Before you know it we are all drafting Hugh G. Rection and making trades with the Yankees newly hired General Manager, Stu Pidd.

It's easy for ootp to say they won't go there, but each 5 years it will become much easier and is just a step to phasing it in. Have you heard of the new up and comer, Ben Dover? I played a game called prison architect and the fictional names and moreso the stories just ruined the game...and those stories are from those big spenders who put down more money.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-26-2014 at 04:05 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
My problem too is where it leads to. Pay $100 and get a pic of you in the game, pay 500 and get this and that. I don't think ootp will get to that but what was suggested is the very first step. Before you know it we are all drafting Hugh G. Rection and making trades with the Yankees newly hired General Manager, Stu Pidd.

It's easy for ootp to say they won't go there, but each 5 years it will become much easier and is just a step to phasing it in. Have you heard of the new up and comer, Ben Dover? I played a game called prison architect and the fictional names and moreso the stories just ruined the game...and those stories are from those big spenders who put down more money. It ruined it for me and I know I'm not alone in thinking that.
Oh, I agree but I'm certain OOTP isn't going there.

The MLB roster set has always had fictional players in the first year player drafts. I don't think allowing a couple of them to be named after real people will hurt as long as it stops there.

If not Markus will have to find a new roster team as we'll probably be resigning en-masse
Old 01-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Oh, I agree but I'm certain OOTP isn't going there.

The MLB roster set has always had fictional players in the first year player drafts. I don't think allowing a couple of them to be named after real people will hurt as long as it stops there.

If not Markus will have to find a new roster team as we'll probably be resigning en-masse

Well if they turn out going there...in 10 years time I'll be sure to message you a "Ha! told ya so"
Old 01-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:

Whoa. Really? That is so awesome.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Whoa. Really? That is so awesome.
Really The future years aren't going to be entirely filled with real players, unless we can manage to clone me and a couple of other guys on the team but there will be quite a few real players in those drafts.