Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
pher431
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Adding Sound files

I've added some new sounds and named them using the proper naming convention. I also used the same sound program so the file names are .ogg.
However my sounds are not heard in the game. I believe they play but are not audible. I can go in the sounds folder and play the sounds that I've added, so I'm not sure why they are not audible in the game.
Any idea what the problem may be? Has any one else added sounds and have them work?
Thanks for the help!
pher431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Maybe the volume on your saved sounds is too low? Try opening one of the original sounds and see if it's louder than your saved sounds.

Could also try moving out all the original sounds to a temporary folder and just leaving yours there and see if any play.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

check volum control this is a win 7 pic, but somethign simiilar will exist in win8/10. also, look for a button that may be hiding what you can see.. a per app volum should be viewable one way or another.

it remembers the last setting, so if it was muted last time, it remains that way until you revert it back. some programs can take exclusive control too... i happen to be listenign to music with a program that does such a thing.. wasapi... doesn't allow any other program to make a peep. there's a check box in "sound settings" or "audio device" settings somewhere that will prevent programs from taking exlusive control... if oyu find it try both settings.
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 04-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

First thing to make sure is that you need to restart the game when adding sounds (they get pre-loaded).

The next thing is to check the volume. Another big hint is that if you add, say, a new cheer sound, do you get cases in game where you expect to hear a cheer but don't? That's a clue as to whether the new sounds are tried to be played but simply too quiet and cannot.

Finally, if you enable the trace debugging in settings, when you start up the program and go to play a game, we list in the log file all the sounds that are loaded. That will say if we actually found your new sound files or not.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
pher431
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Debugging created sounds

Thank you for the guidance. Here is what I did.
The file that I added to the sound directory is a strike three sound named
strike_three4.ogg.
I removed the other three strike three sound files so my file was the only one that would play when a strike out occurred.
I turned on the trace in game settings.
I created a new game.
Played a game and the strike out sound was not audible.
The opened the trace log file and found this entry:
Play: SOUND_STRIKE3/1 - 70.
I checked the volume of my sound file in the sound directory and it is as loud as I can make it (125%). When I double click on my sound file, it's certainly loud enough to hear.
Thanks again for taking the time. Let me know if there is anything else to try.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Make sure to restart the application after adding your sound. And you need to be sure to add it to the correct directory, in case if the game is looking at a different directory. From the global settings, on one of the tabs there's a button to open the data directory, so be sure you added the sound to the correct folder there.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
pher431
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've tried all of the recommendations still no luck. I'll reply back if I'm able to make it work. Thanks again for your time.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
curt
Major Leagues

Can you upload some of your sounds. I have collected a few from other people and I am always looking for more.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #9
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I may have a similar issue. I'm trying to add a walk-up sound for a particular player. The trace.txt says that my file was loaded but I never heard it played. The .ogg is attached (I had to change the suffix to .doc to get it to upload but it's .ogg). Should the space in the filename be an underline? Do walk-up sounds only get played for home team? Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: doc miguel cabrera.doc (72.4 KB, 86 views)

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #10
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I may have a similar issue. I'm trying to add a walk-up sound for a particular player. The trace.txt says that my file was loaded but I never heard it played. The .ogg is attached (I had to change the suffix to .doc to get it to upload but it's .ogg). Should the space in the filename be an underline? Do walk-up sounds only get played for home team? Any suggestions?
OK, RTFM. They're supposed to be .wav files. I made them .wav files but still not played.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #11
pher431
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've also added .wav files for walk up sound, but I don't hear them either. I believe I've done everything I'm suppose to do with no luck. Has anyone added sound files AND HAVE ACTUALLY HEARD THEM PLAY?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #12
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

For debug purposes: I've tried making one's 16-bit and one's 32-bit .wav files. I would attach them but they're too big. I'm playing one-pitch and expecting the sound to play after I hit a button from the last batter and before I hit a button for this batter. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the feature.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It looks like there's some bugs with the custom walk-up music. It doesn't appear to be queuing properly in 3D, and if you add a custom entry for one batter, seems like it might accidentally play for others. We'll look into that.

For other sounds (strike_three, rally, etc...), you should be able to add either ogg or wav files and have them play, as long as they add to the correct folder, and you restart the game after adding in the sounds. We don't do anything special - we literally go to the data/sounds and grab all the files and sort them into buckets. If you turn on tracing when you load a game, you should be able to see exactly what files get loaded.