Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 05:03 AM   #61
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
When starting a New Game both Standard and Custom with MLB Rosters, I started noticing that quite of bit of Active Players in RL were no longer on their teams and ended up in free agents. If you look at Baltimore's NYPL and GCL teams, players like Ayers, Borde, Klimek, Seabrooke, McCord all are free agents but in RL are still Active and playing. Is this a bug or is there a problem with the rosters? They were correct in all the previous updates.
Sorry, no idea why the roster team released those players. I know I pulled the rosters before they got to work on the post-deadline rosters (which will be released sometime next week).
Old 08-06-2016, 05:12 AM   #62
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I have noticed that my shop player feature that no team wants to trade for any of my players in one on one trade. I even tested by giving my best young player and still ZERO. its in June so its long before trade deadline
If you post in the bug reports forum and upload your league files, Matt can have a look at this. In my tests it looks fine, so there's probably a good reason why it does seemingly not work for your team.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:05 AM   #63
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

AI releasing players

Here is a screenshot of my current game's Transactions. I did not release the three players at the bottom of the period. I would guess the AI is releasing about 2-3 players every day or two and this is from every team.

az
Attached Images
Old 08-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #64
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I'm not sure why, but after the update the managers are not creating pitching or hitting lineups at rookie. i created a test fictional league to test out some of the new settings, and everything is at default. I'm not sure why every rookie team has blank depth charts.
Bump

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 08-06-2016, 06:50 AM   #65
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
If you want inflation from year to year, yes, set the amount. Ia m using 3%.
No need to worry about minor leagues if you want your minor league managers to set depth charts using potential ability.
Do you set both boxes to 3% - or is that designed for a range?

For example - if I put -1% in the 1st box and 3% in the second, does the inflation come in somewhere in that range?
Old 08-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #66
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Do you set both boxes to 3% - or is that designed for a range?

For example - if I put -1% in the 1st box and 3% in the second, does the inflation come in somewhere in that range?
right....it will be either 1.5, 2 or 2.5...it only moves in deviations of .5

Mine is set from 3 to 3...meaning it will be 3 percent every year.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #67
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
I've always set them all to potential. Current in AAA will do things like start a journeyman player you just have stored in AAA vs. a better prospect.
It's a two edged sword I guess... I like to sign older players to minor league contracts in hopes they regain their form. I guess I don't find much issue with the way the AI handles my minors via defaults.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #68
smiller
Major Leagues

Is anyone else having the problem I'm having with 3D--the infielders' labels do not disappear when the ball is pitched blocking most of the action, and the ball flutters in the air?
Old 08-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #69
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Good to know about updated Rosters but 3 suggestions to think about Stats so far this season,Standings up to date and Injured List up to date.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #70
JoeGoNets
Minors (Single A)

Patch creating odd issues

Using MLB quickstart, presently game is at about July 8.

1. Lots and lots of Relief Pitchers suddenly became five star actual and potential.

2. It's only been a few days, but in the minor league report, my scouts are not having views about who should be moved up or down. Other people have referred to this as the "red and green arrows being gone."

3. The AI seems to be dropping high quality prospects from teams to an unusual degree, in particular, guys who are absolutely raking at their current level.

Examples: Giants release 18 yo Beicker Mendoza, LF, 2.5 star prospect.
.348/.396/.543 in 54 plate appearances. They wouldn't release that guy if he got the manager's daughter pregnant.

Or consider Jagger Rusconi, 2B, who the Red Sox released. 19 yo, 1.5 star prospect, but .302/.396/.479 in 113 PA. Really, they gave up on him?
Old 08-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #71
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Trying to be helpful:
  • My box scores appear to be fine. (post #12)
  • Pitching and hitting lineups at my rookie level are being maintained properly (post #32 - double-check who is in charge of this job, you or the AI.)
  • My red and green demotion/promotion arrows on minor league overview is working (post #46 - note that you will not see as many of these, or any, if you have delegated demotion/promotion to the AI.)
  • Shopping a player in my league produces results as always (post #53 - see if trading settings have been changed for some reason).
Have to get back to you on this one:
AI releasing minor leaguers randomly? (post #42)

- Bru

Old 08-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #72
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

FYI, if you take control of all promotions and demotions of your minor league teams the AI stops releasing your players and players from other teams.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #73
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Weird cosmetic issues

Has anyone had this happen to their ratings bars? I can't figure out what changed after I did the recent patch. I also can't get the little box to appear when I hover over someone's name.
Attached Images
Old 08-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #74
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The only bug I am experiencing is the AI releasing stud prospects, which is pretty game breaking to me. The first pick overall in last years draft was just released even though both my scout and OSA think they are a 79 potential prospect. I went in and manually reassigned the player to his respective team only to see that there are dozens of similar players (most of which came from the same draft class and the first 3 rounds) that were released.
This is no doubt attributed to the new update. I was playing last night, the game crashed and forced me to update, no problem. The second I started playing again, immediately after the update, the stud players were released.
I appreciate you guys continuously updating the game and improving it for the fans, as I have been a fan of the series for years, but it is aggravating when a game breaking bug is forced upon you that does not add anything you necessarily care about and only suspends the realism of your current play through.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #75
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcBoscan View Post
Has anyone had this happen to their ratings bars? I can't figure out what changed after I did the recent patch. I also can't get the little box to appear when I hover over someone's name.
Never mind. Somehow a few of my visual settings got changed. Found where to fix.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #76
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Trying to be helpful:
[*]Pitching and hitting lineups at my rookie level are being maintained properly (post #32 - double-check who is in charge of this job, you or the AI.)
Like I said in my post, I created a standard test league and all the rookie teams are not setting up lineups. You might not see it if you're just looking at an established league, but create a new league and you'll see what I mean. Look at every rookie team

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 08-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #77
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreen View Post
The only bug I am experiencing is the AI releasing stud prospects, which is pretty game breaking to me. The first pick overall in last years draft was just released even though both my scout and OSA think they are a 79 potential prospect. I went in and manually reassigned the player to his respective team only to see that there are dozens of similar players (most of which came from the same draft class and the first 3 rounds) that were released.
This is no doubt attributed to the new update. I was playing last night, the game crashed and forced me to update, no problem. The second I started playing again, immediately after the update, the stud players were released.
I appreciate you guys continuously updating the game and improving it for the fans, as I have been a fan of the series for years, but it is aggravating when a game breaking bug is forced upon you that does not add anything you necessarily care about and only suspends the realism of your current play through.

I had stud prospects being released before the patch. I don't think that this recent patch is the problem. It's been happening for a while to quite a few people.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #78
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well I attribute my specific case to the patch because I have 500 hours into OOTP17 and have never once had this issue, and I did not have it until immediately after the update.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #79
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreen View Post
Well I attribute my specific case to the patch because I have 500 hours into OOTP17 and have never once had this issue, and I did not have it until immediately after the update.
Maybe you're right, but it could be a co-incidence.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #80
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Maybe you're right, but it could be a co-incidence.
Maybe the bug was there but never really took action until I updated, who really knows. All I know is losing the first 3 rounds of the 2035 draft is frustrating. I would put up with it, or even force them back to their real teams, but I worry about it happening again every draft class after this one. If I have to spend an hour every in-game year forcing people back to their teams because of a bug then the game is not worth it to me anymore.
Closed Thread